What separates a Member and a Veteran?

Tattoo247

Question

• Answers 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

@ - Thanks for your previous replies. Completely agree with what yourself, Chopper & Matuzz posted.

Re-reading my first post, I realised that I stated that it should not be for active members & only for past members, that is not what I meant. I hope this clears up what my thoughts are on the matter.

Any member should be considered & the quotes below are exactly what the criteria should be for members to be selected into both "Veterans" & "Hall of Famer" usergroups.

The whole point of these awards is that they are not set in stone, listed in black and white with rules and regulations to follow.

A Legend or Hall of Famer will feel right, there won't be a debate about them because if there needs to be they probably don't deserve it.

I think whole brains/post counts etc. as some sort of milestones that one would need to get to some group imo is not a good choice to put as artificial barriers to get into any group. There should be just one criteria that should be asked and that is:

Is he/she worth it?

Admin/Staff decision obviously. I just wanted to voice the candidates that I think should already be in that usergroup. Sorry if it was wrong to post those names. 

Also there is one more thing to be taken into consideration. These awards of course are given by staff. And that's the only way I can see them to be given and both of these awards are pretty much given to good long time contributors. The staff itself is relatively new. Only couple of people from the staff are actually from early Bo days not to mention the W@W days from this site. So that right there is also one problem. There is no doubt to be more bias towards more recent contribution.

• Administrators

The staff itself is relatively new. Only couple of people from the staff are actually from early Bo days not to mention the W@W days from this site. So that right there is also one problem. There is no doubt to be more bias towards more recent contribution.

Undoubtedly that is how it will play out. The site has changed, the people have changed, and most certainly the recognition has changed.  Will the inactive folks from 2008-2011 be made legends? No probably not. Will I get a custom carbonfibah userbar? Nope. Do I care? No sir. Do they care? Probably not :P

However if you do have a nomination for one of the Ancient ones and can link us to some of their work. I and the rest of the staff would be more than happy to take it into consideration. Let us know!

The staff itself is relatively new. Only couple of people from the staff are actually from early Bo days not to mention the W@W days from this site. So that right there is also one problem. There is no doubt to be more bias towards more recent contribution.

Undoubtedly that is how it will play out. The site has changed, the people have changed, and most certainly the recognition has changed.  Will the inactive folks from 2008-2011 be made legends? No probably not. Will I get a custom carbonfibah userbar? Nope. Do I care? No sir. Do they care? Probably not :P

However if you do have a nomination for one of the Ancient ones and can link us to some of their work. I and the rest of the staff would be more than happy to take it into consideration. Let us know!

I think @cjdog23 deserves to be Veteran. He dig so much files for the whole Codz community back in the day and even from Black Ops II like all the quotes and important textures. His work was extremely valuable!

If you put up the idea for Veterans to be inducted into the user group just by "it feels right" then you have the same problem we originally had with the Legends/HoF group where there's a grey area in what actually makes them apart of that usergroup.

To keep things simple, I think it would be easy to make it so Hall of Fame takes place once a year, and those inducted into this group is because it was a unanimous Staff decision.

Then for Veterans, have it automatically kick in on its own once a member has reached their 4th year mark. Otherwise, it's granted if they decide to retire from staff. Whichever comes first.

• Administrators

If you put up the idea for Veterans to be inducted into the user group just by "it feels right" then you have the same problem we originally had with the Legends/HoF group where there's a grey area in what actually makes them apart of that usergroup.

To keep things simple, I think it would be easy to make it so Hall of Fame takes place once a year, and those inducted into this group is because it was a unanimous Staff decision.

Then for Veterans, have it automatically kick in on its own once a member has reached their 4th year mark. Otherwise, it's granted if they decide to retire from staff. Whichever comes first.

I'm with you except for the automatic switch. I think it should be requested like an award. We would end up with several thousand "Veterans" with ten posts. That way we end up with only the truly dedicated folks.

I'm with you except for the automatic switch. I think it should be requested like an award. We would end up with several thousand "Veterans" with ten posts. That way we end up with only the truly dedicated folks.

Fair enough. Medals are awarded via request order. But they should at least have some kind of goal to reach before it's granted to them.  (Hence 4 year mark)

Besides, it seems reasonable enough, Veteran status could basically be the final stage of the Veteran chain:

10-AwardImgMaster-1388455540.png = 1 Year at CoDz

11-AwardImgMaster-1388455569.png = 2 Years at CoDz

12-AwardImgMaster-1388455597.png = 3 Years at CoDz

Veteran Usergroup = 4 years at CoDz