Why no more Zombies? D:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, last time there were rumors about an all zombies game the community descended into Madness and many youtube channels were shunned and pillaged. i don't think an all zombies game is a good idea. Zombies though is not over yet, it's a 3 year cycle now so treyarch will be next year. Expect the next game to start hyping in april or may  

It's set to be a success for 2 reasons: 

1- MOAR ZAWMBIES! 

2- It's the first fully next-gen title (presumably) in COD, while Ghost and AW are set to be good, their potential will be held back because the games had to be ported to the 360 and the PS3, which can barely handle BO2 zombies now…

If BO3 (or whatever name they choose) is in fact next gen only, I expect a lot of things to change. Not just resolution, a better frame rate, and no pop in, that stuff is a given. What I expect to be the biggest change is all the stuttering.

By stuttering I mean when you shoot 5 bullets from the executioner, or wipe out an entire hoard on insta kill. Not to mention all the other crazy things the next gen consoles should be able to do over the dino's.

That was not an issue in BO1, only BO2. This is likely due to the recordation of your head shots, kills, gibs, ect.  And the sheer map size. That's also the reason the WWs, can't kill hordes instantly like the thunder gun and Wonder waffe in BO2, each one kills zombies slower to accommodate.  This will be a fully assessed feature come next-gen epicness. This is LITERALLY what it means by giving us a better box. 

That was not an issue in BO1, only BO2. This is likely due to the recordation of your head shots, kills, gibs, ect.  And the sheer map size. That's also the reason the WWs, can't kill hordes instantly like the thunder gun and Wonder waffe in BO2, each one kills zombies slower to accommodate.  This will be a fully assessed feature come next-gen epicness. This is LITERALLY what it means by giving us a better box.

I use a lot of explosives (around 20% of my 580k kill), and every insta kill I use nades to wipe out my hoard to conserve ammo. It doesn't just stutter for me, it's everyone, so I have to warn people. It will be nice when that is no longer an issue.

Anyways, I know you know that. Another thing that will he interesting is if they can get rid of gspawn errors. I've only had that happen to me 2x in bo2, but it happened a lot in BO1.

The new boxes present a huge potential advancement for zombies in particular, compared to the multi. All the headroom can be used to get rid of the little things like that, and I hope they do it.

Welcome to the site. Good question, I've been curious about what @Treyarch and @jimmyzielensky has been cooking for the past 2 years. Must be worth the wait, don't you think?

It better be. I don't know if I can handle another 3 years on BO2 like maps. Die Rise was horrible, and Buried was boring. At least with the 2 year cycle, I could have played and replayed the same 3 maps I liked over and over, like I currently am, but with a 3 year cycle I'm not sure if I can keep playing these maps.

Welcome to the site. Good question, I've been curious about what @Treyarch and @jimmyzielensky has been cooking for the past 2 years. Must be worth the wait, don't you think?

It better be. I don't know if I can handle another 3 years on BO2 like maps. Die Rise was horrible, and Buried was boring. At least with the 2 year cycle, I could have played and replayed the same 3 maps I liked over and over, like I currently am, but with a 3 year cycle I'm not sure if I can keep playing these maps.

Well If you include the top 3 maps from all 3 games that's 9 maps. 

Well If you include the top 3 maps from all 3 games that's 9 maps.

Well, in theory.

But I doubt that there is any consensus as to what the 9 best maps are. For me, BO1 holds 4 of them, WAW 3, and BO2 2.

If you meant as an add on to the ps4/xb1 zombies, then hell yeah. There should be a dozen maps that would be never ending fun if they do that, upgraded mechanics, and weaponry, maybe perks. I'm all for that.

Treyarch did not go bankrupt. Neither did activision. Treyarch likely saw the distaste of BO2 towards crowds and opted to make the next game for the fallowing year when games would become next-gen only. Or perhaps activision just cut sledge hammer a break.

I'm sure that the decision was made years ago. It had to have been made at least by BO2's release to give SH the three year cycle, or at least by Ghosts to give them the regular 2 years of development time.

So the decision was made before the abomination that is Ghosts was known about (publicaly at least), or before the lack luster showing that was BO2.

Hopefully 3Arc can get back to the BO1 level of zombies.

This literally just occurred to me, but assuming this is a 5 year gen, there would only be one zombies game on ps4/xb1... Hopefully it's 6.

And Activision is the biggest publisher in the video games industry, and COD is one of the biggest games, Treyarch did not go under. Not even close. Just think about it this way, COD, WOW, Skylanders, and Diablo. Activision is beyond fine.

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

Treyarch did not go bankrupt. Neither did activision. Treyarch likely saw the distaste of BO2 towards crowds and opted to make the next game for the fallowing year when games would become next-gen only. Or perhaps activision just cut sledge hammer a break.

I'm sure that the decision was made years ago. It had to have been made at least by BO2's release to give SH the three year cycle, or at least by Ghosts to give them the regular 2 years of development time.

So the decision was made before the abomination that is Ghosts was known about (publicaly at least), or before the lack luster showing that was BO2.

This literally just occurred to me, but assuming this is a 5 year gen, there would only be one zombies game on ps4/xb1... Hopefully it's 6.

And Activision is the biggest publisher in the video games industry, and COD is one of the biggest games, Treyarch did not go under. Not even close. Just think about it this way, COD, WOW, Skylanders, and Diablo. Activision is beyond fine.

This is erroneous to assume

Coupled with the fact that as consoles have become more and more advanced, it has also lengthened their lifetime.  I mean it could easily be 8-10 years before another "major" release (aside from what im sure will be a "slim" model, a cheaper less memory model, and all sorts of special editions)

And as it stands, games are still being developed for only xbox 360 and ps3 (not many but some) so technically that gen isnt even fully over.

Although in theory it sounds great to give each studio an extra year to design each game, i just don't have any confidence that it will be better in practice as far as the games being noticeably better.

What I see right now, is rather than getting what could have been 5 games w/ zombies by 2016, ill only have 4.  And for me personally less isn't more with zombies

This is erroneous to assume

Coupled with the fact that as consoles have become more and more advanced, it has also lengthened their lifetime. I mean it could easily be 8-10 years before another "major" release (aside from what im sure will be a "slim" model, a cheaper less memory model, and all sorts of special editions)

And as it stands, games are still being developed for only xbox 360 and ps3 (not many but some) so technically that gen isnt even fully over.

Although in theory it sounds great to give each studio an extra year to design each game, i just don't have any confidence that it will be better in practice as far as the games being noticeably better.

What I see right now, is rather than getting what could have been 5 games w/ zombies by 2016, ill only have 4. And for me personally less isn't more with zombies The only gen that was anywhere near 8 years was last, and that's only the 360 (ps3 was 7). In theory it could make financial sense for everyone involved to have a 10 year gen, but eventually the devs will max out what the systems can do, and it no longer benefits us, other than we don't have to spend 400/500 bucks.

And I completely agree about the length. It's fine and dandy for the multi guys, there will be multi every year, but for us we have to wait 3. I can see myself skipping the 2nd release of the three year cycle if the next one is as underwhelming as BO2.

Oh an just for the record, it really isn't that ridiculous to assume a short gen. We have two companies that arr getting absolutely trounced in sales, the only reset button for them is the next gen. Both MS, and Nintendo will want a short gen if things continue down this path.

Edit: I'm all over the place, but assuming as much content as BO2, we will get 5 maps for the next game, and then in 2018 we will get another 5. So we would have gotten 15 maps by 2018 before. I am completely with you (and I'm sure everyone else here is too) on that one. What a giant kick in the you know what. The only hope I have, left is that they include far more content, and have more zombies map packs in the next ones.

Edited by BestOfAllTime32

Don't expect that because BO2 did not have 5 maps, it had 6 dude: Tranzit, Nuketown,Die rise, MOTD, Buried, Origins, and if you want to get REALLY technical, it had 15 with survival turned and grief.

BO1 had 11. Plus BO2 pushed the games to the limit, I'd expect more coming in 2015. 

Nintendo has NO pull what so-ever when it comes to microsoft's new consoles. And game sales do NOT reset when It comes to trading gens… If anything they sky-rocket because of the innovations and advancements in each console…. 

Also, we don't know if sledgehammer will even be making another game after this. Far as we know, this could be a 1-time thing! 

Don't expect that because BO2 did not have 5 maps, it had 6 dude: Tranzit, Nuketown,Die rise, MOTD, Buried, Origins, and if you want to get REALLY technical, it had 15 with survival turned and grief.

BO1 had 11. Plus BO2 pushed the games to the limit, I'd expect more coming in 2015. 

Nintendo has NO pull what so-ever when it comes to microsoft's new consoles. And game sales do NOT reset when It comes to trading gens… If anything they sky-rocket because of the innovations and advancements in each console…. 

Also, we don't know if sledgehammer will even be making another game after this. Far as we know, this could be a 1-time thing!

I did forget about Nuketown, but I don't include the ripped out pieces of Tranzit as maps. Same thing with Grief maps, if you want to be absolutely technical then yes they are maps, but not exactly what I bought the game for.

You are right we don't know for sure that they will ever make a game again, hopefully IW is the ones that stick to map packs...