Other than the weekly, the raid, and any other unique strikes, I thought the system automatically paired you with people.

And what makes you believe these random people who can't communicate are good?

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk You don't give randoms enough credit man. Anytime I do a vanguard strike it's with randoms, and we always complete them.

But the weekly strike is easy to do solo. Get a decent sniper with many ammo packs. (preferably an arc damage, as the vandal captains seem to not like it).

There's a spot in each area that works really well.

For the three waves: the safest spot is in the tunnel to the right of the map. I hide behind the entrance of the tunnel (to the next area) in amongst all of the train bits. The hardest bit is killing all of the captains, but like I said, arc damage is the way to go.

Another tip for that area is just to let each wave fight each other. Fallen and hive spawn in, and they like to fight it out, just be patient and clean up the mess.

The second area (with the Walker) is a joke. Facing the Walker, go as far back as you can, and jump onto the building on the far left. You're too far away to take any damage, but you can still snipe him like crazy, just keep doing it till you kill him.

With serkis prime, the easiest way to do it is to shoot him from underneath, from the left hand side. Nothing spawns that side, and if you don't kill anything, it's a

Other than the weekly, the raid, and any other unique strikes, I thought the system automatically paired you with people.

And what makes you believe these random people who can't communicate are good?

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk You don't give randoms enough credit man. Anytime I do a vanguard strike it's with randoms, and we always complete them.

But the weekly strike is easy to do solo. Get a decent sniper with many ammo packs. (preferably an arc damage, as the vandal captains seem to not like it).

There's a spot in each area that works really well.

For the three waves: the safest spot is in the tunnel to the right of the map. I hide behind the entrance of the tunnel (to the next area) in amongst all of the train bits. The hardest bit is killing all of the captains, but like I said, arc damage is the way to go.

Another tip for that area is just to let each wave fight each other. Fallen and hive spawn in, and they like to fight it out, just be patient and clean up the mess.

The second area (with the Walker) is a joke. Facing the Walker, go as far back as you can, and jump onto the building on the far left. You're too far away to take any damage, but you can still snipe him like crazy, just keep doing it till you kill him.

With serkis prime, the easiest way to do it is to shoot him from underneath, from the left hand side. Nothing spawns that side, and if you don't kill anything, it's a

case of shoot 3-4 times, go hide and recover your health. Might take a while, but its safe.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another useless tidbit of info.

While you are loading into a planets map, you fly over the said planet, but you can actually see the world turn dark if you are loading as a random event is happening. I noticed it last night and thought it was a bug, loaded in the map and I was just a few feet from a mini boss. I love little details like this and just wanted to share.

No luck in finding rare or better quality fusion rifles. Gunsmith never gives any rare. Neither do I get it from rewards, almost a week any I'm on 2 out of 10. Crypt arch never gives any any rate either. Shattered segment is a dream now. I already threw away bad juju my doctor nope is way better full auto.

That is correct, the Original Flavor planet strikes and the Vanguard playlist strikes all have matchmaking. Don't be discouraged @Onecooldude123 , the Archon Priest strike is by far the hardest. Just find cover and take your time.

It is tough, but I thought it was very fun and rewarding to finish with my buddies. Yea I finished it. Found one harder than that killing the 3 psion flayers on Mars but I beat that too. The Mars strike with the tank was ridiculously easy.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using Tapatalk

I would recommend doing the Tiger strikes for hours and cashing in to get the fusion rifles, I've never seen them for sale myself, but it took me about 3 weeks to get them all dismantled but the first two weeks I wasn't doing any Tiger strikes.

What shotgun did you get from the VoG? I got one that is full auto and does bonus damage to Oracles, it's actually a beast of a weapon for a legend. My advice is not to scrap anything you find in the Vault.

I would recommend doing the Tiger strikes for hours and cashing in to get the fusion rifles, I've never seen them for sale myself, but it took me about 3 weeks to get them all dismantled but the first two weeks I wasn't doing any Tiger strikes.

What shotgun did you get from the VoG? I got one that is full auto and does bonus damage to Oracles, it's actually a beast of a weapon for a legend. My advice is not to scrap anything you find in the Vault.

Oh man, tell me about not breaking down anything! First time I did the nightfall strike I got a legendary pulse rifle, and something greaves armour. I already have legendary leg/arm armour so was like "won't need that" and dismantled it. A week later I realise it was actually raid armour.

Derp derp derp.

Yes, yes and so much yes. In my 25th Raid, I was gifted by RNGesus the wonderful item the Treads of the Hezen Lords. 

I can now hit 30, and delete my alternate Warlock (after doing this week's Nightfall and Heroic on it) and make a Titan, which I actually decoded boots and gauntlets for today too. 

Thanks so much Destiny.

Here's a video of me soloing the Nightfall, in case anyone wanted some tips. It's just live commentary, not edited or anything, so it's pretty long. The hardest part is the initial three wave room, which starts at 3:40. The most important part of that is the last wave with the wizards. That's where things get tricky. After that first darkness zone, it's pretty straightforward as long as you're careful. I used Vision of Confluence with solar damage for the wizards, and then an arc sniper and arc rocket launcher. Arc is the burn for this week, as well as being the shield for the knights, so you're definitely gonna want to use that. It took me about an hour and a half to finish this morning. I wiped 5 times I think, including when I made it to Phogoth and then blew myself up with a rocket. I do not recommend doing that. Stay tuned to the end for my sweet reward! (Spoiler: It's the same goddamn thing I got last week with TWO characters.)

@Naitrax drop out of school so we can do the raid again.

Finally hit 30! Deleted my alternate Warlock and got started on my final character, the Titan. 

I'd like to also share with you guys a story that I experienced last night. It's a x-post from reddit however, so be warned.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2jz5r9/my_best_but_simultaneously_worst_vault_of_glass/

Foreword - It is a huge joke within my friend group that I was the only one of us not to purchase a SUROS Regime or get one as a drop, since I stupidly bought the Apotheosis Veil instead, and couldn't earn those last 3 coins quick enough (I'd done weekly's already on all chars). Pretty much every time I brag about having some sort of awesome luck, I'm instantly met with chuckling people and a ring of SUROS' surrounding me (only 2 in Patrol/Story). Now, I've been hoping for one for a very long time, and today, RNGesus was being very nice to me, so I had high hopes...

The Relic is picked up. Relic guy moves to the back middle, I take up my position around the left teleport. Super is up, shield is down. Detained. Bubble burst. Attempts to teleport. Stopped by me. Pump damage. Minotaurs. Friend fires Gjallarhorn. Minotaur down. Attempt to teleport again. Right team is all over that circle. Pump damage. Minotaurs. Templar is under half. Teleport stopped. Templar murder.

Everyone waits with bated breath for those reward drops. I check feed. Someone got the Found Verdict. 3 guys got Shards. One guy got energy. One guy got Treads of the Hezen Lords. I look to the right, just to see that pair of wonderful boots which will take me to 30.

We'd just killed the Templar, and the exhilaration of finally getting those Treads of the Hezen Lords (Warlock Raid boots) after 25 Raids (overall, 23 on my Warlocks, and a further 2 on my Hunter) had made me feel awesome. I was absolutely over the moon at the promise of seeing a "30" next to my name in-game. Since we stopped the Templar from teleporting, we got the extra chest. On the way down toward the Gorgon's Maze we made our way through the detour and opened that chest. I received 3 Energy, which made me quite happy (as I was at 98 Energy before that, and it put me over to 101) and the conversation drifted to cool Exotic gear we'd gotten from Raid chests. One of my friends had gotten himself a Hard Light last week, while another picked up a Plan C and an Ice Breaker through here. I, sadly, had only ever gotten ascendant mats and 2 Fragments of the Prime. Suddenly, the SUROS is brought up. I'm feeling bold after the awesome day RNGesus has given me (3 Legendary Engrams today), so I decide to announce that there will be a SUROS Regime in this chest, and that it will be mine. My group wish me luck. We get down to it, we all open it at roughly the same time. I check the feed (it feels more suspenseful than seeing the icon on the right pop up) and I see in those amazing yellow letters "SUROS Regime". Can it be? Have I really just topped off the best day in Destiny ever with the sweetest icing on the cake? I laugh, and then I freeze. I've just read the name next to it. It's not mine. It can't be. I check again. "he who shall remain nameless found SUROS Regime." No. No. Nonononono. He already has two, it cannot be. It must not. At this point I am speechless. I cannot form words. On one hand, I was right about there being a SUROS Regime in the chest, but it most certainly was not mine. I found it hilariously funny, and terribly saddening at the same time. I move my character into the corner and sit, while everyone in the party is dying with laughter. He walks over to me, and I just make out "I'm so sorry Nai" over all the laughter. After about 2 minutes of teasing, we get back to business, finish the Raid, and laugh about it afterward.

This has been the best, and the worst, day of my Destiny experience.

Just thought I'd share this because I personally love reading stories like this.

~Nai

On the bright side, would you really ever use the Regime as your exotic? Plus, 30. I hate you for this.

Meanwhile, I did the raid twice last night, and got 2 Patience and Time's (already had one), and one more of the shotgun I got twice last week and once this week from the Nightfall. I must have done something awful in a previous life.

I've moved on from this game.

Destiny is a very advantageous and exciting game, but it's clear to me that the developers held back content.  I'm really disappointed with Bungie for doing so, and I feel like it's turned into a total and absolute grind.  In my last few days playing, I'd hop on to do my bounties - and then say, "uh - now what?".  Yes, weeklies, and nightfalls, and dailies of all the same levels I've just played.

Even when you get to 30, what real advantage is there?

All and all, it's the first real new gen game we got.  I'll buy the DLC when it comes out, but I can't play this game until new content comes out - the grind is TOO grind-y (and I like borderlands!  i'm a fan of the grind)

I've moved on from this game.

Destiny is a very advantageous and exciting game, but it's clear to me that the developers held back content.  I'm really disappointed with Bungie for doing so, and I feel like it's turned into a total and absolute grind.  In my last few days playing, I'd hop on to do my bounties - and then say, "uh - now what?".  Yes, weeklies, and nightfalls, and dailies of all the same levels I've just played.

Even when you get to 30, what real advantage is there?

All and all, it's the first real new gen game we got.  I'll buy the DLC when it comes out, but I can't play this game until new content comes out - the grind is TOO grind-y (and I like borderlands!  i'm a fan of the grind)

i kinda agree, im at the point at which the hours it would take to level up and earn rewards are just too much to justify it.

but luckily i have Borderlands pre sequel to occupy me now

I'm not sure if I don't think the game is that grindy, or if I just don't mind it, but either way I'm still having fun. There's still so many weapons that I want to get. I still find the raid to be fun, interesting and challenging. I still really want to get to 30. I still wake up early for Xur on Friday like a kid on Christmas (my puppy waking up at 5 am doesn't help).

Running strikes is certainly tedious, and I wish there was a little bit more variety in the bounties. The PvP in this game being the worst I've ever played is a big negative. Overall though, I still want to come home from work and play Destiny every day. 

@Naitrax I haven't actually done the raid that many times. The app says I only have 8 completions, and at least 2 of those were with my warlock. So for my hunter I've gotten boots twice, gauntlets, vision of confluence, patience and time, the ship, as well as some other guns. So while I do wish you nothing but pain and misery from here to the end of eternity, overall I've had pretty good luck in the raid. I still haven't even done it on hard, which we should do later.

Archived