Issue with Gibs

In case you don't know, Gibs is when you shoot limbs off of zombies. Anyways I've come across what seems to be a solo only glitch and am wondering if anyone else has had the same problem.

When playing solo on bo1 zombies, I find it impossible to shoot the limbs off. I've tried it on Moon, call of the dead, and I think Shangri-La and Kino as well. Has anyone else seen this? It's a glitch that Treyarch refuses to update right?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

The limbs don't really fall of from shooting them in a direct sense. It is more a response from how much damage is inflicted on the zombies. Example: Shooting a zombie in the body without causing it enough damage to kill it will cause it's arms to fall off. So essentially shooting a zombie anywhere except the head will grant gibs. It's not a glitch, that is just how the game is designed.

If you have ever played Arkham City, Batman's suit get damaged more and more as you progress through the story. This is pretty much the same just at a much more rapid rate of change. Want a lot of gibs? Lay down a claymore on a hoard on a high round. It won't kill them, but there will be arms all over the place.

Shooting the arms directly causes damage, and therefore causes the arms to fall off as per Boom's response... shooting a Zombie in the body also causes damage and therefore causes the arms to fall off. Shooting a Zombie in the legs causes the legs to fall off, but the legs can't fall off if an arm has already fallen off. Only one arm per can fall off per Zombie (shame).

Melee damage never seems to cause the same effect... I could be wrong on this but have killed Zombies at fairly high levels with multiple hits from the starting knife and never seen the same effect.

...and did you mean dismemberment, rather than decapitation?! ;)

• Administrators

@Boom I'm fairly sure you can shoot the legs off a Zombie with a Stakeout / Raid? Will have to double check, but could swear that is possible...

No sir, I can confirm. Otherwise you would be able to create crawlers with a shotgun.

• Administrators

You can create crawlers with shotguns, or at least the Blundergat.

If aimed correctly after a certain round it will simply blow their legs off.

The Blundergat would be the exception, but it should be filed under special weapons as it doesn't have the same characteristics as normal shotguns.

@Rissole25

Thank you. It turned out I didn't have the...something...set to "unrestricted" in settings. I put it on unrestricted and everything is all good now. Limbs are flying everywhere!

@Boom

I just tested it, and the limbs that fall off correspond to where you shoot them. Shoot the left arm, left arm falls off. So on so forth.

@Ulysses1975

Yeah, dismemberment. Sorry, I just can't help myself sometimes. Lol

Oh nice. Enjoy solo gibbing! :P

Things should actually be easier now. You'll be able to make crawlers to slow things down a bit if you want. Not sure if the content filter does anything other than that on Zombies. Maybe disables any lines with swearing. Maybe removes the swastika's in Kino, but that's all I can think of.

To be fair it's kind of stupid having a filter when Call of Duty is basically all about killing people.