Help me choose Formatting Styles for the Zombies Library

PINNAZ

Question

This isn't really a site question.

I would like to know/make a list of all of the fonts that work on Mobile Devices.

(This list could be added to Boom's - Formatting 102)

The following are questions which I would like feedback for. I am trying to find the most suitable formatting styles (such as font & colour) for Heading Titles used in my Zombies Library threads (click the pictures in my Signature for examples)

I want the threads to be completely compatable on the Mobile Site as well as using Tapatalk so that there is minimal difference to using CoDz on a computer.

• What fonts are your favourite?

• What fonts do you find easiest to read?

• What colour combinations do you think work?

• What symbols are good for making a (page) break?

• What do you like with the current formatting?

• What Don't you like with the current formatting?

• Any other formatting suggestion you have?

Please give an example in your reply on what you would choose or recommend. I really want as much feedback & community input on how these threads are presented & the content that they contain.

(I know there are a lot of sections that are blank in the Library threads. I have had to reformat & edit everything & I am having trouble reposting my edits.)

All & any feedback will be so very welcomed.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• Administrators

I would recommend either Georgia(which I use constantly), Franklin Gothic Mediam, or Arial Black. I think you should also increase your font size in some areas, and I would stear clear from using bright neon text. Also you could decrease the amount of scrolling in your library by adding a spoiler tab for each section. Example show below.

Nacht_zpsc85342b6.png

You drove them deep into the heart of the Reich.

You thought they were dead.

You were wrong.

NDUPoster_zps10e12c0f.png

Intel -

Playable Characters -

Zombie Character Types -[

Thanks Boom.

The font that you used for the 'Map Description' works on my iPhone. If I get some time I might make a list of fonts that work on mobile devices.

I will increase the size of the font for the Spoiler titles too.

And now that a can make a spoiler within a spoiler I will compress the whole post into 1 spoiler now.

What colour do you think I should used for the Sub-Headings? I am not really sold on the green that I'm using, but I want to make it contrast to the Red Section Titles.

Thanks for the feedback. Anything else?

I'll see if I can provide some basic tips I try to follow when formatting my threads.

• Avoid using font sizes smaller than the preset size. At most, I would only go one size below the preset. If you want to add contrast to the size of your text, use a larger size. One thing I like to do is use one size smaller than preset for things like quotes and transcripts, and one size larger than preset for the rest of the text. Still adds a noticeable contrast, but doesn't make your text too large or too small. The last thing you want is your readers having to squint to read your thread.

• Various fonts are a great way to distinguish texts. However, some fonts can be difficult to read. All of the pre loaded fonts from the pull down menu are easy to read. Try playing with the bold and italics on various fonts and see what you come up with. I don't recommend script fonts like comic sans unless you're using the largest size with it.

• Paragraph length and spacing is vital. A huge cluster of words without any tabs or paragraph breaks will be hard on the eyes, and most people will got lost halfway through it. The most important thing to remember about this is that a paragraph on a computer and on a mobile device look completely different. A short paragraph on the computer will translate to a medium or large paragraph on a mobile device. Adjust for this by making paragraph breaks more often than not.
Just some things that came to mind.