Things trayarch SHOULD have done...

Simple list of things that should have been done:

-Give an actual proper long-lasting reward for compleating the towers... :roll:

-In custom games, there should have been more options: ie: Hard mode, hellhounds on all maps, turn off magic on all maps, ect.

-Private matches should have been do-able, why even have a two and three person leaderboard if no one can even get a match like that?

-Leaderboards: Lobby leaderboards YES, global leaderboards NO... I can understand kills and deaths, but who honestly cares how many gibs you got? Just slowing things down...

-There should have been more micro-transaction maps for both multiplayer and zombies...

-There should have been more game mode maps: Four greif, four survival, two turned, and 5 regular... Although I guess we were pretty limited with everything... Hopefully there will be improvements with the Xbox 1 and this supposed 2-year wait we have due to these sledgehammer rumors...

- Stop worrying so much about gameplay, and focus on the story trayarch! You dropped the ball with BO2!

-New background music for next game... I'm getting REALLY tired of GKnova6... I think that's what it's called...It was great in black ops, but they needed to do something new for BO2... It's too fresh for Nestalgia... Maybe we can have that "aether" song next go?

Anything else you guys want to add?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-In custom games, there should have been more options: ie: Hard mode, hellhounds on all maps, turn off magic on all maps, ect.

Remake Custom Games from scratch.

-Leaderboards: Lobby leaderboards YES, global leaderboards NO... I can understand kills and deaths, but who honestly cares how many gibs you got? Just slowing things down...

Don't see the problem. What do you mean 'slowing things down'?

-There should have been more game mode maps: Four greif, four survival, two turned, and 5 regular...

More individual gamemodes, not more gamemodes per map.

-New background music for next game... I'm getting REALLY tired of GKnova6... I think that's what it's called...

The theme is called 'Damned' (the remix featured in BO2 is called Damned 100ae)

It was really, really annoying in the original Black Ops. I like the remade one much more. It's obviously the Theme of Zombies, so expect it to return.

Lobby Gamechat, Local Play and Private Matches for PC please.

- Heather

Less annoyance and mindless tedium in zombies please.

Origins kind of gave you the option (which is nice): run around tediously building staves, getting brofists and asmb's, our just grab a gun and run the crazy place.

But it really could have used a regular story mode (as is) and a quick mode: staves are in the box, shield is built, costs 500 points, maxis drone is built, costs 1000. And you just play.

Look at the elevators in Die Rise: kills the replay value, they suck that much. Normal elevator had a call button. That would have been annoying enough, but no. For some reason, these elevators need a special key. I can't even play this map anymore due to their annoyance factor.

Fog, in Tranzit: more pointless, mindless tedium with a slice of annoyance. Why?

Buried is mad easy, but getting everything done on round 1 often equates a 30-60 minute round one.

It seems like bo1 ended and trollarch said: Moon is overwhelmingly the most buggy, annoying map we've made. The overall experience of this map is bad. With few exceptions, it is hated for being so purposefully annoying. And then they ran with that, rather than run from that.

Making everything tedious and annoying isn't challenging, it's tedious and annoying. Someone needs to tell Treyarch that.

Edit: bad ideas implemented, things that sucked and should be undone;

Zombies changing speed.

Zombies respawning because you got 50 feet away (or at all). Running into a robot footprint, only to have the last zombie spawn as the foot comes down isn't a challenge, it's shitty programming. Clearly done on purpose. This is terrible. Rude the tank: no zombies can catch until you are at the point just before where you need to jump of to get a staff piece, now they can catch it and swarm you. Couple that with how bad the tank is programmed:sometimes can't jump off of it, if you hang your feet over the edge, you get dragged backwards of off the tank, and its more annoyance that's not a challenge, its tedium. And the last zombie 50' behind the tank just respawned in front it and the round started with you with no ammo, due to bad programming.

Tranzit- running outside farm, most of my deaths come from 3 zombies spawning underfoot, lifting me up and making it almost impossible to kill them to escape. Not challenging, annoying and poor programming.

Origins too: stop popping zombies less than 20 feet in front of you. In other words, i should never be stopped in my tracks while simultaneously being blinded by the dirt, so i don't even know that I've stopped. Bad programming, again. Seemingly purposefully done.

Stop randomizing everything; both robot feet should always be lit. 1 or 2 round 2 zombies shouldn't take 2 to 3 times the damage of the rest of the round.

Make all 'hold x' controls the same: some you can run up to holding x and it works as soon as you're in range, some don't. Then you hold x and nothing happens, release, rehold x, hope it works this time.

Bombs should not spawn until round 10, earliest.

Clearly they made a better game with bo2 than bo1 (both cod mp and zombies) but i still feel like they prefer being annoyed over having fun.

If i had thought this out and posted, i would have better arguments and syntax, but I'm just ranting because i love the game and often hate the execution.

Moon was the greatest map ever, there was no tedious things there... It was get a gun, get a suit, survive. Easter eggs were fairly simple and generally easy to accomplish... Not to mention you had SICK low grav. effects, air issues to deal with if you were experienced enough, excavators that needed teamwork to shut down, an epic no-mans-land area for when one just needs a couple points. The WWs were amazing, the hacker was amazing, the EVERYTHING was top-notch epic! Absolutely NO complaints I can see, if there were bugs that's because all the sick things that were added needed a bit of a tune up...

Where as Tranzit, and ESPECIALLY Origins were filled with pointless little tasks involving boring piece-gathering and seemingly unrelated tasks to power the tower/staffs... I mean honestly: There is no reason one would need to break tombstones to get a better ice staff or direct the path of smoke differently, trayarch just need us to do SOMETHING to upgrade those staffs...

Call of duty Black ops 1 gave us

-115 (song)

-kino,

-all the original zombie maps again with mule kick

- actual rewards for doing the easter eggs (gamer pics)

-accumulative EE completely epic, moderately difficult, and worth it. Where as here doing the easter eggs is UNBELIEVABLY TAXING with that last buried step (If you didn't have the right team there WAS NO DOING IT), and what was your reward? ONE game of either more-drops or Mule kick plus with permanent fire sale...

-It gave us the best wonder weapons ever: Thunder gun, gersh device, Baby-maker, Wave gun!

-More focus on a better storyline

Then BO2 came out with: Origins was just a harder version of MOTD, total disappointment... Tranzit which was taxing and unrewarding as hell... Die rise which was also not rewarding considering one could just get all perks from the jumpers, MOTD which is a good map, fun and easy, and no real complaints, Nuketown: A nice map but if you don't get jug those first 12 rounds you will be 2x slapped down!, and buried which was nice easy, but super hard in the easter egg department...

Then there were the stupid new system additions: Perma perks: Fail, Custom games: NOBODY uses these... Especially for the actual maps, it would have just been better to have a private match setting... Bank system: Op-to-the-max...

No no no... Black op one was INFINITELY better then Bo2...

Black Ops 2 had the best story, writing, maps and overall best value.

- Heather

Don't take this the wrong way (Different blokes Different strokes etc.) but did you switch up the games? This is probably the first and only time I'm seeing someone saying BO2 is better in these aspects, and I totally respect that. To me though, BO2 was wasted potential in most regards. One day I'll go into detail, but I'm not gonna try to write a novel to look like an internet tough guy.

Maps- TranZit and Die Rise felt gimmicky. Buried was the pure definition of EZMode. MOTD and Origins were slower-paced maps that were much more fun to play. Nuketown was a neat little for-fun map, except when you're in the late 10's waiting for Jugg to spawn. Survival maps were lame in comparison to the stock maps in BO1. QUALITY, not Quantity.

Story/Writing- I would've agreed if the story actually lead anywhere beyond the Main Quest. Many, many, questions were thrown at us in regards to the N4 that weren't even touched. It seems to me Team Zombies were a little too focused on map design this go around (judging from the BTS videos).

Moon was the greatest map ever, there was no tedious things there... It was get a gun, get a suit, survive. Easter eggs were fairly simple and generally easy to accomplish... Not to mention you had SICK low grav. effects, air issues to deal with if you were experienced enough, excavators that needed teamwork to shut down, an epic no-mans-land area for when one just needs a couple points. The WWs were amazing, the hacker was amazing, the EVERYTHING was top-notch epic! Absolutely NO complaints I can see, if there were bugs that's because all the sick things that were added needed a bit of a tune up...

Where as Tranzit, and ESPECIALLY Origins were filled with pointless little tasks involving boring piece-gathering and seemingly unrelated tasks to power the tower/staffs... I mean honestly: There is no reason one would need to break tombstones to get a better ice staff or direct the path of smoke differently, trayarch just need us to do SOMETHING to upgrade those staffs...

Call of duty Black ops 1 gave us

-115 (song)

-kino,

-all the original zombie maps again with mule kick

- actual rewards for doing the easter eggs (gamer pics)

-accumulative EE completely epic, moderately difficult, and worth it. Where as here doing the easter eggs is UNBELIEVABLY TAXING with that last buried step (If you didn't have the right team there WAS NO DOING IT), and what was your reward? ONE game of either more-drops or Mule kick plus with permanent fire sale...

-It gave us the best wonder weapons ever: Thunder gun, gersh device, Baby-maker, Wave gun!

-More focus on a better storyline

Then BO2 came out with: Origins was just a harder version of MOTD, total disappointment... Tranzit which was taxing and unrewarding as hell... Die rise which was also not rewarding considering one could just get all perks from the jumpers, MOTD which is a good map, fun and easy, and no real complaints, Nuketown: A nice map but if you don't get jug those first 12 rounds you will be 2x slapped down!, and buried which was nice easy, but super hard in the easter egg department...

Then there were the stupid new system additions: Perma perks: Fail, Custom games: NOBODY uses these... Especially for the actual maps, it would have just been better to have a private match setting... Bank system: Op-to-the-max...

No no no... Black op one was INFINITELY better then Bo2...

you were almost on the ball. unfornunately it exploded and sent you flying.

bo2 was very creative and innovative. while i argee that bo1 did have better quests and less pointless shit it isnt nessarcy suprieor to bo2. bo2 tried to freshen things up and people just shoved them aside. so what if building the staffs and upgrading them are pointless? it gives me something to do at least rather then mindlessly rape zombies. storywise i found neither to be inferior of one other. they relay on each other to exist. many of the new things bo2 introduced i argee was utterly crap. the custom games could use more of an improvement but dont remove it. you dont have to like the new features,but at least realize trollarch tried their hardest for freshness.

i wish we all would go on future zombies more and discuss our ideas. maybe even send them to 3arc. that would be nice :mrgreen:

You and I both...

But the fact remains, zombies is zombies, not spend hours building/upgrading staffs, beacons, and other pointless things like that... It's designed for one to spend hours like that.... IT was easier in BO because one could just use the zeus cannon forever, now it's SUCH a long drawn-out chore to get through rounds as WW no longer do infinite damage...

You and I both...

But the fact remains, zombies is zombies, not spend hours building/upgrading staffs, beacons, and other pointless things like that... It's designed for one to spend hours like that.... IT was easier in BO because one could just use the zeus cannon forever, now it's SUCH a long drawn-out chore to get through rounds as WW no longer do infinite damage...

i find many tasks in bo2 unessarry. just me though. the problem here is that you want to just dive in it and finish it fast. i just want to take my time.

and i argee that the no infinite ww is bull.

Black Ops 1 had the best sidequests and rewards.

Black Ops 2 had the best story, writing, maps and overall best value.

- Heather

respectfully disagree here. I say black ops 2 had better creativity and sound and visual effects, but i put black ops 1 above it as far as maps and story goes. Really optimistic about getting the best of both worlds in the next game