revisiting old question: free revive in mp zombies

In one of my first Tranzit games, i went down, as stuhlinger, alone, at the diner. The other 3 players could not get to me.

Then my guy just got up. Richtofen said something along the lines of: every zombie deserves a second chance. (this is not exact, but memory fails me).

Someone here said that line was in the code but no one had heard of a free revive thing.

Months later, playing split screen offline with a friend, he went down (i think he was Stu). I could not reach him. Bam! He just gets up (don't recall dialog, was under duress).

So I've seen it twice now. Is this more commonly known? What conditions trigger it?

Maybe its a boon for putting up with the voices as Stu...

So, any information out there on this? Or do i still look like a crazy person?

I had almost no rank, he had none as he played an offline profile. Both times in Tranzit.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. I was at diner, one friend at farm, two at town. While we could academically discuss the possibility of an amazing 'across the map' revive, those same friends didn't realize that the Krauss refribrilator even revived people until the last month or so (not every player is as informed as we are).

I'm not confused or misremembering. The game was brand new, so i just assumed it was part of the games mechanics. Then i spoke of it here and was told it was rather unusual. I basically stopped caring much until it happened again.

That was a 2 person split screen game (maybe custom, but i though it was offline), he went down, i had the revive icon on my screen, i could see him down on his screen. While trying to get through the fog to his location, suddenly i notice that he is up. I was like 'you got up? (thinking for a second that i was watching him spectating me, until i realized it was not).

2 person game. I didn't revive him, so...

I guess that it must have some noob condition. I play a lit of zombies and have only seen this twice now; once as a bo2 newbie and once with my stat-less friend (offline profile or guest profile).

Edit: as to what was said, the exact words could be way off from what i typed.

I seem to remember Ric calling him a zombie in some sense. Like my favorite zombie needs a hand once in a while, or all zombies deserve a second chance... Bah. It was like 10 months ago and i had no idea at the time i would be discussing this as i assumed it was normal under the right circumstances.

Richtofen has several audio quotes that seem to imply pity. Did this ever happening while playing custom games or on easy mode? Perhaps Richtofen's quotes of pity not only trigger but also take effect. I wouldn't know, as I don't really ever play easy mode.

Custom is a possibility.

I never play easy mode. Once, solo, to check it out. Slow zombies are harder to train. I assume this is for 4 man camping, but i don't play easy mode (and usually host).

Could the first game have been a different host and on easy mode? Possibly, but doubtful.

The second was definitely not easy mode. But would have been custom or offline. I have played lots of custom games (mostly because of 2 man games and not knowing earlier how to get them in pub matches. Now i do).

Thanks for helping to reason it out, but I'm still looking like the crazy person. Ha.

It happened to me there is not long on Origins. I resurrected while the last player had died and I could move during the Game Over.

I think this is more a glitch. I've had it happen a couple of times on other maps, plus it happened to my friend the other day in Origins. But it could possibly be related.

I wonder, could this perhaps be a Persistant Upgrade that we don't know about?

I find this interesting & whilst I don't know the answer, it may have been (like MMX said) a game on "Easy" difficulty. I have never played easy mode, so I don't know if these quotes are actually triggered in game or if they are from Grief or Turned? but the description seems to fit the easy mode?

I hope this helps.

File Name - vox_zmba_zombie_help_0

[soundcloud][/soundcloud]

File Name - vox_zmba_zombie_easy_0

[soundcloud][/soundcloud]

Yeah, I've seen the bug where you get up and run around after game over. Not the same thing.

Interesting quotes, but not what i heard. The one i heard was much shorter.

The second time it happened to me was definitely not on easy. I can't swear by the first, but i doubt that was easy mode either.

Any quotes that say 'my favorite zombie' or 'my zombie' or 'needing a little assistance' ?

Thanks for trying to help.

While trying to recall yesterday, i remember that there was a green sparkly thing when i got up and, while u didn't see it, my friend had mentioned that as well: seeing the green flash. So it must be some 'perma perk'...

He has an amazing memory, I'll double check with him later as he'll be by late tonight. See if i can squeeze any additional info from his grey matter.

I just listened to (theoretically) all Ric quotes from Tranzit i think the one i heard was:

"Here (starts with z sound, unintelligible), let me help you"

I thought he said 'here zombie, let me help you'

I feel that may be it unless someone knows what action that quote is directly tied to.

Sucks going from memory as memory fails.

Edit: not one video or post mentioning this anywhere. 1 i could blame on me being crazy, but it has happened twice to me now. I am sure this happened. Grr.

I think there might be another possibility as well, a longshot, but possible.

You said it was one of your first games of TranZit? Do you remember how when you first got a power-up, Richtofen would make a weird screaming noise, clear his throat and say he was "just getting used to the Aether"? It only occurs within your first few games, and than never seems to happen again.

Also, I've cleared my data before, so basically no egg, bank or navcard progress. A reset basically. When this happened, Richtofen said the quote again.

So what I'm thinking is he says the quote when you are very new to the game, or atleast if the game thinks you are new ALA removing game data.

Since you were in Split-Screen Offline the 2nd time, no progress is kept in it. I imagine the quote is said in that as well (would have to test).

This quote and revive thing may be something that "new" players get since it thinks this is one of your first times on the map, similar to the "getting use to the Aether quote" one.

I actually do believe you btw.

That's where my thoughts have taken me: a boon for noobs.

Thanks for believing me. I get nothing out of making crap like this up and already feel silly that I've seen it twice and the interwebs are full of cricket noise on the matter. I know that I'm insane, but rarely delusional.

Happy gaming!