is Cod Extinction the new Cod Zombies?

julpr

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or it could crash and burn.... These are both possibilities.....

Than stop having that attitude about it and think positive. Doesn't seem like you even want it to be successful.

Yeah sorry, feeling a bit down in the dumps lately, should act more positive....

But like I said before, I didn't like it... Too unbalanced between groups of parties... It honestly just.. Doesn't seem to be able to amount to much in my eyes... Zombies you can stop, scour the map and find things.... here it's run and gun until you win... Lowering the amount of features available and enjoyed by the average player... Plus it's pretty strait-forward one path, no options or alternate routes..... And the worst part is the potential that could have come forth from that achievement list, but didn't...

The relic achieve particularly.....

I'm sorry but I will need something better then point of contact to convince me this mode will stay....

I wouldn't give up on it yet. DLC's could very well turn it around. Like Nacht to Der Riese.

Also if we swapped them around, and say Extinction came out first, and Nacht der Untoten came out now, than we'd all be saying how it's so basic and how Treyarch let us down when were use to the stuff that Extinction (and it's future DLC) has.

Due to the timespan between WaW and Ghosts, it is not fair in any way to compare Nacht to Point of Contact.

TranZit is actually a very good comparison, because as far as zombie maps go, this one was probably one of the most unique (possibly right behind Mob of the Dead).

The only thing TranZit had gained for it from BO and WaW was basic concepts that could have been thought up on day one (most of them were, or were added by verruckt). We had new characters, a mostly new story (you would not have suffered greatly in understanding the New 4's story if you hadn't played BO or WaW), and many new elements (buildables, transportation, bank, weapons locker.

So if you want to compare launch maps for each of these modes, compare TranZit and Point of Contact. Not Nacht.