Fill Me In, I'm lost.

DeltaFlame

You can't just call "time travel!" =_=

Dude, you need to chill, and I'm basing that on this and your other posts I've seen.

Time Travel CAN be a reason, but it's just the easiest to think of.

*Frozen* Happy? :roll:

I would think that they are just relatively young in 1918, but older than we think they are by the time the 40's comes around. It's hard to believe that they could love for such a large amount of time and still be alive, but that's all we're given at this point to consider. That's not the say ideas are not welcome, though

Anyway, I support InfestLithium. His points are right on the money, so to speak. That's exactly right. Who knows what answer we will be given with this map. But to say that it is definitely a certain thing, be it time travel or "not aging", is just downright wrong. I don't care how good your "theory" is, the amount of Origins evidence given to it is currently zero, as the map isn't even out yet.

For the aging thing, a solitary strand of hair can be reanimated. What do you have then? A zombie hair. Not exactly revolutionary. People lose skin cells all the time. Well now they're losing living skin cells. Zombie skin cells. In fact, you could propose that the reason people who are not dead who get the side-effects of 115 are purely because the brain cells that should be dying are "stuck" in their heads. I don't think however that having zombie cells all over me will make me look "young". It'll make me look OLDER if anything.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confused about why MMX is against time travel when yesterday he was pretty much all for it...

Oh well, not complaining. Honestly, Time Travel is only really valid for Maxis and Samantha (though I'm doubting she was alive then). Everyone else easily looks 27 years younger in origins.

No, no, I'm for it. I think it is the most likely option presented thus far. However, I also said we have no data. It's merely a suggestion. No one is right to put their theory above anyone else's. Anything is possible at this moment, for all we know.

I'm not shooting down people to be mean. I'm shooting down people to level the playing field, as I will not certainly be raising people up, including myself.

But yes, if someone put a gun to my head and asked me what I think, it'd be time travel.

Confused about why MMX is against time travel when yesterday he was pretty much all for it...

Oh well, not complaining. Honestly, Time Travel is only really valid for Maxis and Samantha (though I'm doubting she was alive then). Everyone else easily looks 27 years younger in origins.

No, no, I'm for it. I think it is the most likely option presented thus far. However, I also said we have no data. It's merely a suggestion. No one is right to put their theory above anyone else's. Anything is possible at this moment, for all we know.

I'm not shooting down people to be mean. I'm shooting down people to level the playing field, as I will not certainly be raising people up, including myself.

But yes, if someone put a gun to my head and asked me what I think, it'd be time travel.

Ahh,i think I understand.You were trying to make everyone see that there could be other possibilities ;)

Time-travel...

Cryogenic sleep would accomplish the same end. During a cryogenic sleep, the aging process is slowed considerably. If you put yourself into cryogenic sleep now and woke up in 20 years, you would not have aged 20 years, maybe only a tenth of that, if not less.

If they're fast forwarding time, they don't necessarily have to travel there. They could just freeze their bodies and wake up at a later time.

Does anyone even read my posts?

Time-travel...

Cryogenic sleep would accomplish the same end. During a cryogenic sleep, the aging process is slowed considerably. If you put yourself into cryogenic sleep now and woke up in 20 years, you would not have aged 20 years, maybe only a tenth of that, if not less.

If they're fast forwarding time, they don't necessarily have to travel there. They could just freeze their bodies and wake up at a later time.

Cryogenic sleep could be a definite possibility, but it brings up some questions as well.

Like the Black Ops quotes about how Tank had a daughter. Or how Nikolai had all of his wives for that matter. I suppose you could say all those things happened before Origins, but I have my doubts about that.

Unfortunately, I think Treyarch's gonna have to explain this one to us, cause things just ain't adding up. :?

Time-travel...

That only works going forward. So it's a bit more limited than time travel.

Time-travel...

That only works going forward. So it's a bit more limited than time travel.

We're only assuming per the timeframes that there was a leap forward in time. So, the evidence (if used as a root for speculation) would only lead us to believe there was a move forward. Being that we have other beings seemingly suspended in some form of cryogenic sleep (canisters in Kino) would suggest to me that is a higher possibility than time travel.

The only direct evidence we have of time travel is through loading screen images of a teleporter and years going up to indicate they've moved through these years. Those years are going forward, by the way.

Shooter's right, though...There's an awful lot of backstory for each character to have had it all ocurr before Origins and Treyarch has lots of explaining to do chronologically.

I'm not saying cryogenics couldn't work. But it has no reason to prevail over time travel. They are two alternative explanations for a singular happenstance. It could be either. However, I do think time travel more likely, since it is something we've seen time and time again, as well as it isn't limited to only going forward, as well as cryogenics take longer to set up, whereas time travel works with the click of a button.

I agree with your reasoning, but I would tend more towards saying that cryogenics is more likely because it's a simpler technology to imagine, after all, we can already put things into cryogenic sleep (perhaps not sophisticated enough for a living human) whereas travelling time instantly is only a dream.

Sure once time-travel were invented, it's possible it could be done with the push of a button, but it definitely doesn't simplify things story-wise because if one can travel forward so easily with a technology that can't be proven with comparable evidence in the real world, it must be assumed that our ficitonal technology will work just as easily to go back in time. With that in mind, going back in time creates the possibility of paradoxes and really complicates things.

Just because of these complications, I'd sooner adopt a set of circumstances without time-travel.

I would say Time Travel along with 115 being a big factor in why there are all these inconsistencies. If im not mistaken Dr. Maxis and Richtofen were making super-soldiers and aren't Tank,Nikolai, and Takeo super-soldiers?? Maybe, just maybe them being experimented on with who knows what. Along with prolonged exposure to element 115 plus the constant time travelling could make them older than we think but younger than they look. Takeo is a great example of this by getting facial hair and he looks and sounds older.

I would say Time Travel along with 115 being a big factor in why there are all these inconsistencies. If im not mistaken Dr. Maxis and Richtofen were making super-soldiers and aren't Tank,Nikolai, and Takeo super-soldiers?? Maybe, just maybe them being experimented on with who knows what. Along with prolonged exposure to element 115 plus the constant time travelling could make them older than we think but younger than they look. Takeo is a great example of this by getting facial hair and he looks and sounds older.

No. Tank, Nikolai, and Takeo are NOT super soldiers. That is an erroneous myth. There is nothing "super" about them. They are just as much super soldiers as Sarah Michelle Gellar is.

That being said, the zombies themselves were said to an undead army, the Armeeuntoten, but that was in WWII.