Maxis, Richtofen, and Giant Robots

Taklok

Hello there everyone. Today we saw the very amazing intro scene for Origins, however, this leaves me with a few questions, and I may have answered them. The only question I have yet to answer is "Where is Maxis?" but we'll get to that later.

Firstly, I want to talk about Richtofen in the video, as this is something that nobody seems to be talking about. In the scene where he is introduced, we see that he is finishing up surgery on some unlucky person/zombie. The identity of who this is NOT relevant in this theory. What IS relevant is that after his face shot with his name, he slowly brings his hands up to the face, and looks at them with a very confused look. Shortly after, we zoom out to see our heroes preparing to take on the zombie threat. But Richtofen is doing nothing. He's standing there, looking around, and looking very confused. But why?

Because this Richtofen is not the one that belongs there. He is a Richtofen, sent from the future, and popped into his younger self. Why? I dunno. I don't make the storyline, but it just makes sense.

Let's look at it this way. If you noticed that you were suddenly your younger self and you were reliving a day from years ago, would you not be very confused and awe struck? Yes, you would be. I guarantee it.

That's all about Richtofen I want to talk about for now.

"But Tak! When are we going to get to the giant robots! That's why we're here!"

Fine. We'll talk about Richtofen a little bit more, but we'll throw Maxis into it too.

The opening scene in the very beginning gives us everything we need. Let's look at a specific quote.

Two German scientists sought to harness dark and mysterious forces buried for centuries. They believed their discoveries would assure Germany's ultimate victory.

This is the only thing we need to know, aside from the history of Maxis and Richtofen's rivalry.

I feel that it is very safe to assume that the buried force is referring to element 115, as I doubt they actually knew the zombies in the tomb were actually there. They planned to utilize element 115 for energy, but in different forms. Richtofen wanted to use it to create the Ultimate Human Soldier. This is what he was doing in the intro scene when he was first introduced. He was testing the effects of 115 on a body. I'm sure of it.

Maxis, however, used a different approach. Maxis wanted to create a super soldier, but he created a MECHANICAL one. An iron giant, if you would. This is the robot that we see in the cinematic.

Throughout the story of Black Ops 2, while not IMMEDIATELY revealing any evidence about an actual plot, did give us a major hint about Origins throughout the maps, minus MoTD. They hinted at a struggle between Life and Machine, between Richtofen and Maxis. Whether it was killing zombies to power a spire (Life), or collecting the energy of Him (Machine), flinging zombies into a radio tower, or bouncing metal balls from trample steams, or even the different methods of collecting the wisps in Buried. Maxis even talks with us through electronics, while Richtofen just speaks normally!

The hint has always been there.

That's essentially all I have for this thread. Thanks for reading, and maybe I'll be back with a crazy theory. Maybe.

UPDATE: I'm currently working on a concept that essentially wraps up all the games, essentially ending the story. The concept that I'm working out right now is that it is actually that either Richtofen sent himself back, or Maxis sent him back so that way they can guide younger Richtofen in what to do? The voices in Richtofen's head? It's been Richtofen. It's always been Richtofen. But it's been a Richtofen that knows what he's doing. Essentially, Richtofen/Maxis sent him back in time, into younger Richtofen's body so that way NONE of the story ever happens. Maxis keeps his daughter, Richtofen has his body, and the zombie infestation is done. Over.

The only reason I'm considering this as even remotely possible is that Treyarch is very heavily hinting that this isn't just the beginning, but it's also the end.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly I hope you're right about old richtofen being in younger richtofen's body. That way we'd still get a crazier richtofen.

The Life x Machine part really makes sense looking back, but that was thought to be because maxis can only influence machines from wherever he is. Why would he need to make a giant robot then if he didn't plan on getting killed and trapped in the aether?

Also it would be funny to see richtofen pretending like nothing is wrong, like on Call of the dead. "This will be just the distraction I need to-- I mean... *singing* Force field, force field..."

Firstly I hope you're right about old richtofen being in younger richtofen's body. That way we'd still get a crazier richtofen.

The Life x Machine part really makes sense looking back, but that was thought to be because maxis can only influence machines from wherever he is. Why would he need to make a giant robot then if he didn't plan on getting killed and trapped in the aether?

Also it would be funny to see richtofen pretending like nothing is wrong, like on Call of the dead. "This will be just the distraction I need to-- I mean... *singing* Force field, force field..."

AHA! The one possible hole in my theory! Well, here's the explanation.

Yes, that may have been THOUGHT to be a reason, however, a lot of our known story when it comes to Black Ops 2 story are just thoughts, when there's obviously something deeper under it. Now, he made the robot literally to help Germany win the war. That's it. That's all there is to it. This is the very beginning of our story. And for some reason Treyarch threw in a robot, hopefully to go along with the Life x Machine theory. Now, as for him dying, I'm still not legitimately convinced at all.

Believe it or not, I would be very, VERY happy if the O4's story ended here and now. Here's why:

On Moon, we played as the O4, we blew up the Earth, and seemingly left them stranded on the moon. There was no closure as to what happened. It was a cliffhanger! We all thought they would be back in the next game to kick some zombie ass on a destroyed Earth? Right? Right?!

WRONG!

Instead, we got a ragtag band of misfits and stereotypical characters with no depth, in charge of powering up towers for some purposes that we didn't know. What happened almost immediately?

"Treyarch, wer are O4 characters @?! We want dem bak write noa bcause we liek dem moar and dese new character are boaring!"

Through the entire lifespan of the game until the next DLC. Did they come back? No. Cue more complaining and the sound of vuvuzelas.

And then we got MoTD, and everyone was happy because we played as gangsters with Tommy Guns, and it was actually a good map with a lot of depth.

"YAY CAMPAIGN TEAM WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH HAVE MY BABIES!"

Then Buried came. This is the point where Vonderhaar stepped in and muddled it up. While the map had a good bit more story to it and we FINALLY got to like the characters, but nope. It was too late. Too late to 'pologize.

That is the last bit we'll spend with the N4. Why? Because a bunch of babies with no appreciation for the story (or where it was actually going)complained so much about the lack of the O4, that they finally got their way in DLC 4 just so they'll shut up.

Will we ever have closure about the N4? No.

Will we ever have closure about the O4? Yes. In Origins. So that way Treyarch can finally move on and do stuff without them without fear of complaints that there are new characters.

The problem is that the average player doesn't care about the story and only about gameplay. That being said, even if the O4 got some closure they would be upset, because all they care about is the O4 being playable because of their funny quotes. They don't care about closure at all. The only thing treyarch can do with the O4 to please the masses is to keep them playable. However that's not the best option and I hope they don't cave to the less serious players.

Why is it that everyone wants to make this into an alternate version of the past? That would completely defeat the purpose of it being an ORIGIN story, and also IMO just complicate things more than necessary. It would be better for this to just be a prequel, and just continue on with both the N4 and O4 in the next game, and I suspect that's what treyarch would do because there are fans of both, and most probably don't give a crap if they can just play the game.

But lets look at the title again, ORIGINS. I think it's just a prequel, no more, no less.

The problem is that the average player doesn't care about the story and only about gameplay. That being said, even if the O4 got some closure they would be upset, because all they care about is the O4 being playable because of their funny quotes. They don't care about closure at all. The only thing treyarch can do with the O4 to please the masses is to keep them playable. However that's not the best option and I hope they don't cave to the less serious players.

Yeah I always despise people who don't know a single thing about the story. But then again, what should I expect playing with waterheads since 89% of people who buy CoD are just that. I did like the Green Runners. And if they would've wrapped it up with DLC 4 and BOIII would consist of all O4, I would be satisfied with that. But nah, we gotta hear an Origin story. I'm just telling everyone, for public record, that if we don't impact/learn something about the future, i'll be very very very turned off. :x

Hello there everyone. Today we saw the very amazing intro scene for Origins, however, this leaves me with a few questions, and I may have answered them. The only question I have yet to answer is "Where is Maxis?" but we'll get to that later.

Firstly, I want to talk about Richtofen in the video, as this is something that nobody seems to be talking about. In the scene where he is introduced, we see that he is finishing up surgery on some unlucky person/zombie. The identity of who this is NOT relevant in this theory. What IS relevant is that after his face shot with his name, he slowly brings his hands up to the face, and looks at them with a very confused look. Shortly after, we zoom out to see our heroes preparing to take on the zombie threat. But Richtofen is doing nothing. He's standing there, looking around, and looking very confused. But why?

Because this Richtofen is not the one that belongs there. He is a Richtofen, sent from the future, and popped into his younger self. Why? I dunno. I don't make the storyline, but it just makes sense.

Let's look at it this way. If you noticed that you were suddenly your younger self and you were reliving a day from years ago, would you not be very confused and awe struck? Yes, you would be. I guarantee it.

That's all about Richtofen I want to talk about for now.

"But Tak! When are we going to get to the giant robots! That's why we're here!"

Fine. We'll talk about Richtofen a little bit more, but we'll throw Maxis into it too.

The opening scene in the very beginning gives us everything we need. Let's look at a specific quote.

Two German scientists sought to harness dark and mysterious forces buried for centuries. They believed their discoveries would assure Germany's ultimate victory.

This is the only thing we need to know, aside from the history of Maxis and Richtofen's rivalry.

I feel that it is very safe to assume that the buried force is referring to element 115, as I doubt they actually knew the zombies in the tomb were actually there. They planned to utilize element 115 for energy, but in different forms. Richtofen wanted to use it to create the Ultimate Human Soldier. This is what he was doing in the intro scene when he was first introduced. He was testing the effects of 115 on a body. I'm sure of it.

Maxis, however, used a different approach. Maxis wanted to create a super soldier, but he created a MECHANICAL one. An iron giant, if you would. This is the robot that we see in the cinematic.

Throughout the story of Black Ops 2, while not IMMEDIATELY revealing any evidence about an actual plot, did give us a major hint about Origins throughout the maps, minus MoTD. They hinted at a struggle between Life and Machine, between Richtofen and Maxis. Whether it was killing zombies to power a spire (Life), or collecting the energy of Him (Machine), flinging zombies into a radio tower, or bouncing metal balls from trample steams, or even the different methods of collecting the wisps in Buried. Maxis even talks with us through electronics, while Richtofen just speaks normally!

The hint has always been there.

That's essentially all I have for this thread. Thanks for reading, and maybe I'll be back with a crazy theory. Maybe.

UPDATE: I'm currently working on a concept that essentially wraps up all the games, essentially ending the story. The concept that I'm working out right now is that it is actually that either Richtofen sent himself back, or Maxis sent him back so that way they can guide younger Richtofen in what to do? The voices in Richtofen's head? It's been Richtofen. It's always been Richtofen. But it's been a Richtofen that knows what he's doing. Essentially, Richtofen/Maxis sent him back in time, into younger Richtofen's body so that way NONE of the story ever happens. Maxis keeps his daughter, Richtofen has his body, and the zombie infestation is done. Over.

The only reason I'm considering this as even remotely possible is that Treyarch is very heavily hinting that this isn't just the beginning, but it's also the end.

This explains how he knows how to stop or try to stop maxis. Such as how he knew about the golden rod, shangra la ect ect. Just pointing it out that maybe this isnt the first time this has happen to poor edward. Maybe he wasnt always insane and all the time traveling has gone to his brain? Quick restart the xbox and lets play again tehehehahahaha spleeeens