ballista

As many of you know we see Nikolai I. The origins trailer holding a ballista with iron sights and I want to k ow what you guys think. I think that this weapon I'll be entirely....useless yes that's right.overall I do t see the ballista having as much power as the DSR or the barret to a lesser extent.

I may be wrong so I want to know your thoughts

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think the Ballista will be very good. Iron Sight means easy headshots and I'm sure it will be powerful. Since this is my favourite gun in the whole game I really can't wait to see what it is Pack a Punched.

Hydra-Infradead Mark II 8-)

I will cry from happiness if that turns out to be it :D

Me, too. Me, too. But I don't understand why people are hating on the Ballista. It'll be better than the DSR. And this is coming from a guy that adores the DSR P-a-P'd with iron sights.

Same here, I always take the DSR no matter what. BUT I love the ballista so much. As an avid sniper in MP this gun is my favourite out of any in all of BO2. It's going to be great for headshots with that Iron Sight and PaP'd we may get a scope on it then. I really want to use this gun.

Props to you. I can never tolerate being a sniper since MW2 because it MP, it seems like they scaled it all back and gave it tons of disadvantages.

Well if this tells you anything I have 50k+ kills with the MSR on Mw3. But before I reset my stats on that game I had another 60k Kills, so over 100k kills in total and somewhere around 25k with the Ballista but I've quit BO2 MP almost completely so I don't see that number going up.

I personally hope to see the barrett taken out to make room for the ballista. I know that would only leave us with 1 semi-auto (SVU-AS if it's even in the map) But I feel like the barrett is totally useless.

Anyone else hoping to see the M27 again? I love that gun on NKTZ.

I actually think the Ballista will be very good. Iron Sight means easy headshots and I'm sure it will be powerful. Since this is my favourite gun in the whole game I really can't wait to see what it is Pack a Punched.

Hydra-Infradead Mark II 8-)

I hope it will be called the 'Trebuchet'. You know, Ballista, Trebuchet....... hehehehehe

I usually don't like snipers, but the SVU recently climbed to my top 5 weapons, after using money shot in buried. I'm actually really looking forward to the Ballista now.

I feel like it will be like a more powerful Kar98k. I've only ever really used it in Gun Game, so I don't know how powerful it is, but in general snipers are one-hit-kills for a few rounds.

I'm also wondering why a gun used in 2025 is present in 1917, but that's it's own thread.

• Administrators

I'm also wondering why a gun used in 2025 is present in 1917, but that's it's own thread.

Non-cannon as to what weapons are in what time period. They do not follow correctly when it comes to why a certain weapon is in a pre-dated map. Wonder Weapons, however, do have a strict reason in being shown.

If the Ballista comes into play legitimately here (none of the Ak-47 in Call of the Dead crap), I will be happy. I love playing with the DSR in Zombies, but nothing spells infinite love for sniper rifles than a solid shot with that gun. Such precision yet makes you feel overpowered to an extent...just imagine that Pack-a-Punched or with Double Tap II. Priceless.

Such precision yet makes you feel overpowered to an extent...just imagine that Pack-a-Punched or with Double Tap II. Priceless.

...I'm requesting that Morgan Freeman reads this.

Just get MMX to read it. Dat voice.

I've camped in the juggernog hallway with an SVU on buried until the upper 30s, and was still able to get multiple headshots per bullet. However as per tradition bolt-actions have more power per bullet than semi-auto weapons. I think upgraded, with DTII, the ballistia will be an awesome weapon, capable of money-shotting us through the 40s with ease.

Get pumped.

I highly doubt this but will they also carry over how the damage multipliers work for the Ballista? For those who don't know in MP the gun can only 1 shot someone at full health by hitting high upper chest or head. No stomach shots. This is because the gun ADS's faster than any other sniper. Since it's zombies I'm sure they won't but it would be fun for them to do so I think.

• Administrators

I highly doubt this but will they also carry over how the damage multipliers work for the Ballista? For those who don't know in MP the gun can only 1 shot someone at full health by hitting high upper chest or head. No stomach shots. This is because the gun ADS's faster than any other sniper. Since it's zombies I'm sure they won't but it would be fun for them to do so I think.

I think the same might apply to the zombies as well. They also carry the same damage counter based on where you shoot them and with what weapon. Anything from the chest and up can be lethal, whereas a shot outside the said region doesn't receive the same multiplier. The damage a gun can do remains constant but the multiplier does not.

I think the same might apply to the zombies as well. They also carry the same damage counter based on where you shoot them and with what weapon. Anything from the chest and up can be lethal, whereas a shot outside the said region doesn't receive the same multiplier. The damage a gun can do remains constant but the multiplier does not.

Yeah I know I forgot to mention they only made the multipliers weird like that to balance the gun since it has a faster ADS, my bad.