Any Kingdom Hearts Fans?

Ehjookayted

Yeah, not trying to change his mind, just want him to look more and more like an idiot. He literally said that I had no logical argument near the end, and that he won. What a buffoon. I'm somehow amused by arguing with him. I just can't wait to hear the next bit of BS that he types up.

Also, him stating cartoons are only for children, even things like family guy, south park, even hentai! It's so stupid, I can't help but laugh.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dat teaser at the end, guys. It's apparently young Xehanort and young Eraqus. Sadly, this is the extent of KH3 news we get for E3. I'm okay with that, but FFXV should have gotten a release window at this point. 

Also, gameplay video of 2.5 if you want to see it.

2.5 will be a compulsive buy for me. I should really save my money and wait for Christmas since it's out December 2nd, but I NEED this.

• 4 weeks later...

The struggle was real. I finally got the Chain of Memories platinum. God, does that game get worse the more you play it. Also, Ansem was particularly more difficult on proud. I'm glad that's over. Not playing that game again until my series playthrough before KH3 comes out.

Also, anyone hear the sad news? No Mirage Arena online in 2.5. Was looking forward to fighting No Heart with some of you guys. Want to hear more sad news? Square might release another unneeded KH game before KH3. It better not happen. 

• 2 weeks later...

ongomgomgomgomg

I thought I.5 was great but this is even better! It really shows Xehanort as the puppet master behind everything.

And those Keyblades <3

ikr? It's basically saying the final battle has begun.

Though I thought the Iron Throne of Keyblades was pretty cool in 1.5. Still, this is WAY better, and I liked that cover.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I heard about that, lol. You'd think they'd give us something slightly better, like even the crown necklace or something.

I'm holding out on pre-ordering until I move into college since I won't be at home in time for 2.5. Guess I'm gonna have to get it on amazon since there aren't any gaming shops around that area... hope I get the game the day it hits stores.

Also, got re:coded a couple days ago. Not bad. Better than Chain of Memories.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember beating the first one when I was a kid, didn't even know you could change keyblades until almost the end of the game....

I did do everything in the game except beat Sephiroth, screw that guy.

I also have the HD remaster/remake...uhh collection box thing with the book of concept art. Pretty excited to see the next installment, I remember reading the creator (don't know his name, sorry not that hardcore) saying that he plans to age the game with the fans of the first game, which is really awesome if it's true. I'd hate to see it get too mature, but I love the idea of games ageing with you.

• 4 weeks later...

2.5 Trophy lists are out, and they are significantly easier than 1.5's, believe me. The only real trouble will be some of the secret bosses. Particularly the BBS secret bosses. I'm afraid to go up against them.

Here are the lists, though

http://www.exophase.com/game/kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep-final-mix-ps3/trophies/

http://www.exophase.com/game/kingdom-hearts-ii-final-mix-ps3/trophies/

Also, might be getting a 358/2 Days shirt. Haven't decided yet. Unfortunately, the one I want is sold out pretty much everywhere. Anyone have a medium sized one on hand? It's the cover art for that game.

It's apparently connecting to KHx (chi). Master Xehanort has a blue cat eye in his Keyblade's... uh... key part, like the 6 foretellers in KHx. Only 5 have been shown, so the 6th... It's probably Xehanort's which was passed down to him. I think this is pretty cool.

Supposedly KHx and KH3 are going to tie in a lot (because KHx takes place around the Keyblade War), so keep tabs on that. 

I think there's supposed to be another secret ending with Maleficent and Pete, but there isn't a translation yet. It's supposed to have some juicy information, too.

As a side note, I love the Land of the Dragon's remastered song. Reminds me of Avatar.

EDIT: The eye is actually on the key chain for all of them. Here's a link if you want to see em http://www.khwiki.com/Foreteller%27s_Keyblade

• Administrators

Just finished watching the crucial cutscenes in 3D (Dream Drop Distance) since I am never going to get my hands on the console nor game itself. Needless to say, it took me a couple of hours to wrap my head around the whole concept of Xehanort's plan and how it was being done. And after going back to read all the Ansem reports, it's pretty intriguing how the documents foreshadowed his master plan.

There's a lot of foreshadowing in the early games, if you think about it. Most of the story wasn't really planned out early on, but the way the manage to connect it and somehow make it work is pretty amazing. For one, the Ansem reports. Even things like the Keyblade War were touched upon (if anyone remembers Kairi's Grandmother's story about the light).

Then you get inconsistencies, like Donald and Goofy not recognizing Yen Sid's tower in KH2 despite the fact that they were there in BBS. Or Mickey not recognizing the name Xehanort when he met Terranort in Ansem's study. For how all over the place the story is, I'm surprised there are so few of those, though.

• Administrators

Perhaps Nomura took the smart choice, and followed through with the story based on what was previously mentioned. If anything, KH lore is one of the best RPG lores to follow because of its exquisite story. Not to mention, that's it's an overall stupendous game.

Regarding the Goofy/Donald scenario...suppose it has to do with Chain of Memories when everyone's memories are being misplaced and replaced with new ones? I know throughout their slumber (up until KHII) Namine goes about restoring them, but I could just as well guess that the remembering of Yen Sid's tower is one of the memories permanently forgotten.

And speaking of inconsistencies, technically there were two Ansem reports: the one Xehanort wrote under the name of the true Ansem, and Ansem's while under the guise of DiZ. Ansem even goes about how Xehanort wrote just about all but one of those reports. By reading both reports on when they discuss the King's encounter, I am forced to believe that the King actually talked to Ansem, whereas Xehanort either a) eavesdropped or B) learned on his own about the discussion. 

When Xehanort writes his own chronicle of the event, he claims that him and the King talked for several hours and the mention of the Keyblade struck his interest most of all. Ansem, however, fairly disregards the Keyblade and rather focuses on the data of the darkness. If you read Secret Ansem's Report 2, it is in the beginning of that report which Ansem scolds his six apprentices. Of those six, Xehanort is included. Right after that passage in the report, Ansem meets with the King for the first time. Afterwards, Ansem learns that Xehanort wrote reports under his name and the 3rd report confirms Xehanort's passage through the door to the Realm of Darkness. 

Based on this, it's pretty clear that Xehanort lied about his meeting with King Mickey; rather, it was actually Ansem who spoke with the King. Somehow, Xehanort overheard the details and took particular interest in the Keyblade. It was more than just Xehanort writing under Ansem's name - he was trying to make it seem like HE was the real Ansem.

That's actually a very good point about Donald/Goody's situation, so it's not entirely a hole, but the Xehanort thing still is. Obviously Mickey knew about Master Xehanort, and so knew the name. In KH2, Mickey recollects about his meeting with Ansem (there was actually a scene with them talking about midway through the game), and remembers the name of Xemnas's somebody: Xehanort. During that scene, Xehanort walked in on Ansem and the King talking, and Ansem sent him away because he no longer wanted them experimenting on the heart. So, you were right about the eavesdropping, but why doesn't Mickey realize something's up after hearing the name Xehanort? I doubt it's a common name even in that universe.

The only thing I could think of, is that maybe Yen Sid clouded Mickey's memory so he wouldn't be upset about being unable to save Aqua and Ven, but there's no real evidence to support this.

I love discussing the story of this series. It reminds me of when I was more into zombies' storyline, and everyone got into the nitty gritty details just to connect things. Ironically, both of them got infinitely more confusing when they added time travel as a factor.

• Administrators

I would assume that the King didn't hear that part, or just more so that the name was picked up but he knew that looking at Xehanort, there was no resemblance to Master Xehanort (although us fans could clearly tell the difference even without seeing them).

The time travel setup was rather weird, I admit. I had to keep researching and connecting the dots to see how that worked out. Basically, Young Xehanort can only move forward in time yet Heartless Ansem was able to go back and tell YX of Master Xehanort's plan, then somehow come back to the present? It seems rather weird. 

And speaking of Xehanort variations, I picked up on the true Organization XIII. You had seven known members, and the rest are hooded (given you've played/seen DDD). I was wondering, perhaps the other 6 are actually double entities of Master Xehanort? For instance, Master Xehanort is defeated in KHIII, and split into two technically, right? Then once those are eliminated, MX returns and the process happens again due to a failed attempt. Longshot, but that's to suppose something goes wrong and the Keybladers of Light fail somewhere. But that would get you 13 Seekers of Darkness if there are no more Nobodies/other bodies to join Xehanort.

Eh, the whole Terra-xehanort thing isn't really a huge deal anyways. I don't let it detract from the rest of the plot. Your idea is definitely a longshot, but I suppose it could work that way.

I honestly still don't understand how the time travel thing works. They're supposed to leave their bodies behind when moving through time, but they're all pretty whole to me... I hope they explain this better in KH3.

Yeah, I'm not so sure that the other 6 members are doubles. We know of 6 of them (Old Xehanort, Young Xehanort, Ansem SoD, Xemnas, Braig/Xigbar, Isa/Saix), and have 2 other likely additions (Vanitas, Terranort). That's 8. My theory, is that the last five are the 5 Foretellers. Don't know what I mean? Basically, in the japan only game, Kingdom Hearts Chi (it's a PC browser game which for some reason hasn't been localized. Yet.), it's set before the Keyblade war began. One man created something called the Tome of Prophecy, which allowed people to read the future. He gave the Tomes to 5 of his 6 Followers, who became known as the Foretellers. Each one led a union. Now, what connection to Xehanort do the have?

For starters, let's look at their Keyblades: http://www.khwiki.com/Foreteller%27s_Keyblade

This page links to the images of each of the foretellers' keyblades. They all have two distinct similarities: The Blue cat eye on the keychain, and emblems of an animal near the guard of the key. Where else does this occur? 

http://www.khwiki.com/File:Master_Xehanort%27s_Keyblade_KHBBS.png

Xehanort's Keyblade. Blue eye, and some sort of ram/bull/diablo type thing near the guard. That's not the only connection, however. 

The new secret ending of Coded that Lenney posted suggests that keyblades can be passed down through the generations. It's likely that this keyblade is the sixth foreteller's, who did not receive a tome of prophecy. Speaking of that tomb of Prophecy, it seems that is very important as well, since there's another new coded scene regarding it.

This suggests to me that Xehanort might actually be using this book to further his own goals, first by being able to plan his convoluted plan, and second, by using that book's power to bring the foretellers to the present, making them his vessels.

Whew, that was a long theory. I actually like what they seem to be hinting at with these secret endings, though. Even if they aren't his vessels, it's pretty likely Xehanort is using the text for his plans, and his Keyblade probably does have a connection to the foretellers. If you're confused at all, I suggest looking up Kingdom Hearts X (chi). I'm surprised they haven't localized it yet, because it seems rather important.

EDIT: How did I forget this important piece of evidence?

It's pretty obvious based on the imagery, that the two people talking are Eraqus and Xehanort when they were young.

Anyways, the lost masters. Since it's before BBS, it can't be the trio. It's probably the foretellers. But why is Xehanort so interested in them? I'm thinking he's suffered greatly from Voldemort syndrome, and will use them much like voldemort used the house relics for his horcruxs. Speaking of which, wow, it's pretty jarring just how similar Xehanort and Voldemort are. I didn't realize that until now.

Archived