Going back to BO2 misty poster.

Yeah I'm kinda sad that nothing ever came about from the "1221" on her hat. Really thought it'd be an important date, or something.

Also - while Samantha's soul did enter Richtofen's body - Samantha's body is still in the Aether, either lost forever or presumably waiting for it to be connected to its rightful soul. Richtofen turned into an omnipotent being (no body required). He wanted to get back into Samuel so he could feel, touch, smell (well maybe that last one wasent the best idea).

I got two questions about that Grill, and maybe somebody else can provide some insight also if they want to. But here are the questions.

1. In moon, sam and richtofen switched souls. So Richtofen's soul was in Samantha's body. But now his soul is inside Samuel's body. Wouldn't that mean Samantha's body is just a lifeless, inanimate object floating around in the Aether?

2. Does Richtofen have FULL control over Samuel? It seemed Richtofen still doesn't have full control of who ever he wants. Quotes like "Samuel you are still here" and "It's not as different as things were before" make me believe that Richtofen doesn't have FULL control and maybe thats what he will be looking for in dlc 4?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Samantha's body is still inside the MPD. That never changed.

Samuel could hear Richtofen in his head. That was just Richtofen talking into his mind. When that switches and makes Samuel the voice in the head, Richtofen's soul doesn't enter Samuel at all. It's still in Samantha. Richtofen always had the ability to control zombies at will. Now he can do the same to living people.

Richtofen may or may not have full control over Samuel. Either he doesn't or he just needs, like he said, some practice.

What I guess is with the power that Richtofen obtains [if you've done his EE's] gives him ultimate power.

He no longer needs a body if he doesn't want one.

So 1.) is yes. Samantha's body is just floating up and down... on the Moon.... No soul inhabiting her body.

I guess her body has to stay there otherwise someone else could hop in and become the leader. Just a guess.

2.) Samuel ate zombie flesh and Samuel's still alive. All Richtofen can do with him, considering Samuel is alive, is talk to him and "share bodies and senses" with him. Nothing more.

But we may find out the answer to this with DLC 4....

Samantha's body is not in the Aether. It is in the MPD on the Moon.

Right, that's what I meant. So - are you saying that you can only enter the Aether through the "mental" realm? As in, the MPD is simply a device, or means, to get to the Aether?

I got two questions about that Grill, and maybe somebody else can provide some insight also if they want to. But here are the questions.

1. In moon, sam and richtofen switched souls. So Richtofen's soul was in Samantha's body. But now his soul is inside Samuel's body. Wouldn't that mean Samantha's body is just a lifeless, inanimate object floating around in the Aether?

2. Does Richtofen have FULL control over Samuel? It seemed Richtofen still doesn't have full control of who ever he wants. Quotes like "Samuel you are still here" and "It's not as different as things were before" make me believe that Richtofen doesn't have FULL control and maybe thats what he will be looking for in dlc 4?

I think these fine gentlemen above me have answered quite fittingly, but I will weigh in as well.

1. lol. Yes, kind of an odd mental picture. I can only wonder if she ages, or if she's just frozen in time?

2. It seems as if Richtofen was having some trouble manipulating Samuel's physical actions. As Nathan said, it may be due to his alleged consumption of zombie flesh, also including element 115. The short answer is that Richtofen may simply be out of practice being in the physical realm. He's been in the Aether for close to 100 years. The long answer is yet to be seen IMO.

The MPD is the "gateway to the Aether". It's a device that allows us to connect to the alternate dimension. None of us actually set foot in it (bar split-second teleportation). I mean, the few to actually live within Aether are Sarah, Lucifer, the H*llhounds, and the Jumping Jacks. Not exactly role models. When Richtofen and Samantha were fighting over the Aether, they were more correctly fighting over the MPD in which housed Samantha's body which could be used to connect to Aether.

They were fighting over a country, or even a ship to the country. They were fighting over the button to start the ship.

Also, Samantha didn't age. Considering that she was born between 1936 and 1940, and we currently play in 2045+, her MINIMUM age is 105. However, that is just her body. Her mind was with her body until she reached the age of (minimum) 85. That's when Richtofen and she switched bodies. So now, Samantha still has the memory of 85 years, but she is in a 40~ year old body (Richtofen's). Richtofen has the memory of 60~ years, but he is in a 105 year old body that was cryogenically frozen to appear 6-10 years old.

1. lol. Yes, kind of an odd mental picture. I can only wonder if she ages, or if she's just frozen in time?

I'd say it's a mix of both.

Samantha was most likely born in the 30's. At the time of Richtofen trapping her and Maxis with Fluffy, I'd guess her minimum age I'd guess is 8. Maximum age I'd guess is 15.

Anyway, let's cut to Moon. If it took place in the 1960's, Samantha would be in her 20's. If it took place in 2025, she'd be in her late 70's early 80's.

Here is what she looks like during the events of Moon.

She doesn't look like her body as aged. She still has the body of a young girl.

Unless her feet grew and that's why she's barefoot.

Anyway, my guess is, in the MPD, the body doesn't age.

Hope this post made sense.

Simpler than my answer.

Anyway, I presume it means the soul inside of Samantha's body lives forever. Never ageing, never growing.

See this is what confuses me, does her body even have a soul anymore? Does the MPD literally separate your soul from your body? Because Samantha's soul is in Richtofen's body, Richtofen's soul is in the Aether (now, Stuhl's body) - so does that mean Samantha's body is an inanimate soulless bag of meat?

You do make a good point.

But I think Richtofen is Samantha's soul. He did successfully managed to swap souls in the first place while she had control.

Has anyone actually thought of Maxis' side on this?

He kicks Richtofen out, gives him the body of a zombie so that leaves her body free.

Does he inhabit Samantha's body or what?

All this soul/body switching is confusing sometimes. :/

As for the "Soulless bag of meat" the dress can be the bag. lol

I think richtofen ( after maxis tosses him out) is separated from the MPD leaving sam's body empty, and once he finds her he will put her back in... As she can't return to earth: The earth will be destroyed... But maxis and Samantha watching richtofen and the rest of the world burn in the aether seems like maxis' dream...

If his soul is in her body, how is he in the aether too? The body never moves, even when we are face to face with her. We hear her speak, we see her actions but they are not done through her physical body because she wasn't in the body, her soul is in aether. Same applies when Richtofen took her place.

She definitely floats lol I think that is just a result of the MPD.

I don't have a lot to say about the second announcer except that Samantha seems to have had more power than this announcer demon. I remember reading, I think in MMX trilogy thread, that when she entered that pyramid she was given the majority of power over the aether, while diminishing the second announcers power.

My only thought is, she compares what is in the aether to being "far greater" than what she was doing. Kind of contradicts what I just said lol

Possibly, both of these "Announcers" [Richtofen & the demon she mentions on Moon] use Samantha's body as a gateway to talk and give commands to the zombies.

Possibly.

In my opinion the demon she mentions/The Ultimate Evil is not in Samantha's body. I think of it like this

The zombie collective mind is at the end of a corridor. They are watching a TV at the other end of the corridor, which is giving them instructions. This is the Ultimate Evil. The MPD has the power to put another TV in the middle if the corridor, this blocks the instructions that are coming for the other TV, while sending its own instructions out.

Here's a basic diagram

Before MPD activated:

Aether The world

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ultimate Evil ------------instructions--------> Zombies

--------------------------------------------------------------

After Sam falls into the MPD:

Aether. The world

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UE------instructions----> Sam's/Ed's soul----- instructions---> Zombies

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This explains both how the control of the zombies works and how Sam has knowledge of the UE, because she is still receiving the UE's instructions. However because she is not mindless like the zombies she can choose to not follow them.

As for her ageing her body, as MMX said, is frozen and cannot age. Her soul also cannot age as a soul is ageless and can never die. Her voice however is up for debate as it seems that in this universe the voice is attached to the soul rather than to the body and more specifically the voice box. This would mean that the voice will not age as it connected to the ageless soul. However this is contradictory as obviously the voice ages otherwise the O4 will all sound like children, which is not the case. The only reasoning I can find behind this is if the ageing of the voice is psychological, so that because people expect their voice to change as they get older, it does.

Just my thoughts

^Nice theory.

I still think this:

UE cannot give controls to the zombies as he/she/it doesn't have a voice.

Samantha enters.

The UE decides to use Samantha's body as a gateway to give the instructions to the zombies.

My own theory:

The UE makes a deal with Samantha when she enters about getting revenge on Richtofen and Samantha, being a young girl, believes him and [sort of] does his bidding with the zombies.

Also there is no way the O4 can sound like children. They all served in WW2. For them to be children, the map would have to be set in the early 1900's.

Also there is no way the O4 can sound like children. They all served in WW2. For them to be children, the map would have to be set in the early 1900's.

I was wondering if I phrased that so it would be easy to understand. I'm terrible at phrasing things :).

That's not what I meant. Ill try again in bullet points

Fact 1: The body gets older

Fact 2: The soul doesn't get older, it is ageless.

Fact 3: The voice is connected to the soul, shown though when Sam and Ed trade souls they bring their voices with them.

Therefore the voice doesn't age as it is connected to the ageless soul rather than the ageing body.

However it is obvious that the voice does age due to everyone's voices matching their body.

Therefore we have a paradox, where the voice cannot age but does.

I kind of get what you mean.

I thought of this just:

Samantha made a deal with the demon.

Samantha only wants revenge on Richtofen. But she still sends zombies after the COTD crew and the FIVE Crew.

The Demon is the reason the zombies went after JFK, Nixon, Castro, McNamara, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Danny Treyjo, Robert Englund and Michael Rooker. It's a part of the "deal" they have.

It sounds incredibly stupid, I know but it's possible in the world of zombies.

I kind of get what you mean.

I thought of this just:

Samantha made a deal with the demon.

Samantha only wants revenge on Richtofen. But she still sends zombies after the COTD crew and the FIVE Crew.

The Demon is the reason the zombies went after JFK, Nixon, Castro, McNamara, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Danny Treyjo, Robert Englund and Michael Rooker. It's a part of the "deal" they have.

It sounds incredibly stupid, I know but it's possible in the world of zombies.

Yeah it's as good a theory as any :) I think that the COTD team were targeted because of how they helped the O4, but I've never had an explanation for the Five crew.

The attack on the "Five" crew was just random.

No explanation or reason as to why they were attacked. They didn't help the O4, I doubt JFK did anything to Maxis' studies during WW2.

Anyway, I still think the O4 and Samantha will have a huge role in DLC 4. I don't know why, it's just one of those "I think" feelings.

Also we'll know if Samantha's voice has changed if she sounds... more male.