NAZI ZOMBIES: Albert 'The Editor' Arlington: The Ascendance

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is quite interesting, but there's some things that confuse me.

Do you recall this journal entry at the Zombie Menu screen from Al? So you're saying when Albert wrote that entry in his journal about getting revenge on the Editor when he gets out, he was actually referring to himself? But he didn't remember it because of the time loop? I don't really get why he would refer to someone else as the Editor. Also in the same journal entry, Al mentions he still has to gain the trust of the other mobsters, so clearly the cycle had not yet begun.

This journal entry alone puts a lot of holes in this particular theory unfortunately. Or maybe I misunderstood what you we're saying?

It appears Al's impact on the overall storyline is not that significant. If you'd like to have a theory on Al's significance in the story, you should focus on his role with the comic book. (“If my comic books are right, then this has to be one of the most powerful weapons in the box.”)

[tab][/tab]If you absolutely had to have a theory on it, you could say that us redoing the events of Mob of the Dead, changed the events of that night. Instead of Al being killed that night on the roof, they make it off and onto the GG bridge, where Al kills the three instead of them killing him. He then went onto to publish his comic book. Given the time frame of Mob of the Dead as somewhere in the early to mid 1930's, Samantha Maxis would have been born around then and could have possibly read the comic book as a child. And that's where Samantha came up with some of things she did, like the mystery box for example. It's a very far out there theory, but if you wanted one that'd be it.

As of now, Mob of the Dead has been unrelated to the rest of the zombie maps as far as storyline is concerned. It may have been part of the reason Treyarch chose this particular time frame to begin with. It doesn't mess with the current time frame, coming before the start of the current Zombies storyline beginning in 1939.

This was an interesting read, thanks for posting.

Do you recall this journal entry at the Zombie Menu screen from Al? So you're saying when Albert wrote that entry in his journal about getting revenge on the Editor when he gets out, he was actually referring to himself? But he didn't remember it because of the time loop? I don't really get why he would refer to someone else as the Editor. Also in the same journal entry, Al mentions he still has to gain the trust of the other mobsters, so clearly the cycle had not yet begun.

This journal entry alone puts a lot of holes in this particular theory unfortunately. Or maybe I misunderstood what you we're saying?

It appears Al's impact on the overall storyline is not that significant. If you'd like to have a theory on Al's significance in the story, you should focus on his role with the comic book. (“If my comic books are right, then this has to be one of the most powerful weapons in the box.”)

[tab][/tab]If you absolutely had to have a theory on it, you could say that us redoing the events of Mob of the Dead, changed the events of that night. Instead of Al being killed that night on the roof, they make it off and onto the GG bridge, where Al kills the three instead of them killing him. He then went onto to publish his comic book. Given the time frame of Mob of the Dead as somewhere in the early to mid 1930's, Samantha Maxis would have been born around then and could have possibly read the comic book as a child. And that's where Samantha came up with some of things she did, like the mystery box for example. It's a very far out there theory, but if you wanted one that'd be it.

As of now, Mob of the Dead has been unrelated to the rest of the zombie maps as far as storyline is concerned. It may have been part of the reason Treyarch chose this particular time frame to begin with. It doesn't mess with the current time frame, coming before the start of the current Zombies storyline beginning in 1939.

I believe our Arlington has two split personalities. "The Weasel"- Being his innocent self, humane & smart- & "The Editor"- horrible, arrogant, distasteful, intelligent and evil.

I think "The Weasel" is a self defense mechanism. "The Editor " could may as well be his real self. I also mentioned to one person (I actually thought you guys knew this already) That Alcatraz (Or Hellcatraz) are two Worlds colliding, and I believe that to be the future of Zombies. The real-world colliding with the Z-World.

Think of the events of Moon, but on a BIGGER scale.

Also, if you're talking about where the Zombies started to rise, I'd tell you to go two decades back, and to look at Alcatraz again. You should watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_JiMah2o5A

It's interesting.

I get what you're saying about how you think they're the same person, but clearly the journal entry from Al I posted above disproves it. I'm not trying to shut you down, I'm just giving you my honest opinion on the matter.

We know that journal entry was made before Al was killed, this before the start of the time loop. And yet he's referring to someone else as the Editor. So clearly it wasn't the time loop causing this as you first suggested.

And as for Al having some sort of multiple personality disorder that caused him to create both "Weasel" and "Editor" personas, there's absolutely no evidence for that. And that's what we're about here at CoDz, in-game evidence. A theory is very thin without it. Like one of our member says "substaintial claims require substaintial evidence". And that's what this theory is missing.

Sorry if I sound rude, but the theory doesn't quite add up.

BTW I know you don't know, but I have a pretty strong grasp on the storyline of zombies. After two years of studying and researching it, you tend to. I'm well aware of when it began.

Thanks

I get what you're saying about how you think they're the same person, but clearly the journal entry from Al I posted above disproves it. I'm not trying to shut you down, I'm just giving you my honest opinion on the matter.

We know that journal entry was made before Al was killed, this before the start of the time loop. And yet he's referring to someone else as the Editor. So clearly it wasn't the time loop causing this as you first suggested.

And as for Al having some sort of multiple personality disorder that caused him to create both "Weasel" and "Editor" personas, there's absolutely no evidence for that. And that's what we're about here at CoDz, in-game evidence. A theory is very thin without it. Like one of our member says "substaintial claims require substaintial evidence". And that's what this theory is missing.

Sorry if I sound rude, but the theory doesn't quite add up.

BTW I know you don't know, but I have a pretty strong grasp on the storyline of zombies. After two years of studying and researching it, you tend to. I'm well aware of when it began.

Thanks

I understand, but then again, this forum post was an idea. :roll: Anyway, for the journal you speak of; 'Weasel' doesn't know that he is The Editor. That's what I've been trying to say to you. I would just think of it as me pitching an idea to you.

On that note, I'd like to think this idea from for Treyarch continues for their next title.

Because why the HELL not? 8-) :ugeek:

I believe our Arlington has two split personalities. "The Weasel"- Being his innocent self, humane & smart- & "The Editor"- horrible, arrogant, distasteful, intelligent and evil.

I think "The Weasel" is a self defense mechanism. "The Editor " could may as well be his real self. I also mentioned to one person (I actually thought you guys knew this already) That Alcatraz (Or Hellcatraz) are two Worlds colliding, and I believe that to be the future of Zombies. The real-world colliding with the Z-World.

Think of the events of Moon, but on a BIGGER scale.

Also, if you're talking about where the Zombies started to rise, I'd tell you to go two decades back, and to look at Alcatraz again. You should watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_JiMah2o5A

It's interesting.

I'm curious as to what you mean by "the real world colliding with the Z-world"? obviously cod zombies is a fictional story, set in our "real world" as it was in WW2 to begin with. yes there have been some events in this tale that have caused some timeframes to be explained only by time travel / rifts in time etc.

But are you suggesting that for some reason that the entire zombies story is on some distant planet or alternate universe, and then the storyline has in store for us this fictional alternate plane of reality colliding with our actual reality as it is now?

Check me if i'm wrong but I don't think even back in black ops times anyone with any say in the story and its direction had determined that this whole story (which really didn't even start developing into an actual story until shi no numa, the rest was back-added to provide commentary to the first couple of maps)was taking place in some made up alternate plane of existence.

if thats not what you mean by that statement by all means let me know though

This is quite interesting,

I'm curious as to what you mean by "the real world colliding with the Z-world"? obviously cod zombies is a fictional story, set in our "real world" as it was in WW2 to begin with. yes there have been some events in this tale that have caused some timeframes to be explained only by time travel / rifts in time etc.

But are you suggesting that for some reason that the entire zombies story is on some distant planet or alternate universe, and then the storyline has in store for us this fictional alternate plane of reality colliding with our actual reality as it is now?

Check me if i'm wrong but I don't think even back in black ops times anyone with any say in the story and its direction had determined that this whole story (which really didn't even start developing into an actual story until shi no numa, the rest was back-added to provide commentary to the first couple of maps)was taking place in some made up alternate plane of existence.

The Zombie Storyline is in a different dimension from our world. I don't really know what else you want me to explain to you?

Here's a new, little idea. If you were to see the Classic Maps resurrected again, why will our four characters be in those designated areas again?

Would it be to: re-write history, to feed the beast, to redeem ourselves? Maybe the demonic announcer you hear from World at War to Black Ops isn't Samantha? It would be hilarious if it actually was The Editor himself helping your way through the maps. However, those worlds are disintegrating- funnily enough, and the world could be what we had seen in Hellcatraz. What if from The Night to The Giant, it is literally Hell on Earth?

What would you say to that?

This is quite interesting,

The Zombie Storyline is in a different dimension from our world. I don't really know what else you want me to explain to you?

Here's a new, little idea. If you were to see the Classic Maps resurrected again, why will our four characters be in those designated areas again?

Would it be to: re-write history, to feed the beast, to redeem ourselves? Maybe the demonic announcer you hear from World at War to Black Ops isn't Samantha? It would be hilarious if it actually was The Editor himself helping your way through the maps. However, those worlds are disintegrating- funnily enough, and the world could be what we had seen in Hellcatraz. What if from The Night to The Giant, it is literally Hell on Earth?

What would you say to that?

it's fine to hypothesize this, but you need some sort of substantial evidence or proof from the game to validate the claim. I can say The sun is purple. but without some sort of evidence of that being true my claim holds no water. I just want to know what in game quotes, radios, signs, evidence whatever you are referencing to make that claim.

and if they brought back the classic maps like they did in black ops 1, I think it would be to let people have some fun on old maps... nothing more. are you saying when we played those maps on black ops we were somehow rewriting the history of those maps on WaW? now that's cooky talk

it's fine to hypothesize this, but you need some sort of substantial evidence or proof from the game to validate the claim. I can say The sun is purple. but without some sort of evidence of that being true my claim holds no water. I just want to know what in game quotes, radios, signs, evidence whatever you are referencing to make that claim.

and if they brought back the classic maps like they did in black ops 1, I think it would be to let people have some fun on old maps... nothing more. are you saying when we played those maps on black ops we were somehow rewriting the history of those maps on WaW? now that's cooky talk

I sort of see Abel's point. If at least some maps DO return in Black Ops 2, then I see them having some slight changes. If they were to make, Verruckt for example, a third time with no changes, then why would I play it on Black Ops 2, the worst of the trilogy? Things will be implemented or taken away from the returning maps.

I'm nu here too! Hello.

I sort of see Abel's point. If at least some maps DO return in Black Ops 2, then I see them having some slight changes. If they were to make, Verruckt for example, a third time with no changes, then why would I play it on Black Ops 2, the worst of the trilogy? Things will be implemented or taken away from the returning maps.

I'm nu here too! Hello.

well personally the reason I would play the old maps on black ops 2 is to experience them with the new weapons, but more so, because have you tried to find a lobby of verruckt on black ops 1 or waw? much better chance of getting a good game when you're searching out of thousands of people rather than tens. ALSO what a great way to include people who just discovered zombies in black ops 2 or just started playing COD games in general in the progression of maps and the back story to black ops 2!

i dont think they are going to do this, but i just made myself super excited for if they did lol

I'm nu here too! Hello.

I want you to look 'Der Riese'. Look at the map itself, the sky is BS. As for radios, subtract Richthofen. He doesn't exist anymore.

These maps look to be pretty desolated since Maxis has taken over, and it is practically Hell on Earth, and what is Hellcatraz?

Hell on Earth.

There's finally a reason to actually buy Black Ops 2...

Wasn't there a comic book page that somebody pieced together? It had a picture of a comic book hero on it and there were comments written in red. Couldn't you compare the writing on the comic book page to something such as the map with Weasel's writing on it?

Wasn't there a comic book page that somebody pieced together? It had a picture of a comic book hero on it and there were comments written in red. Couldn't you compare the writing on the comic book page to something such as the map with Weasel's writing on it?

I don't understand what your point is, but the comic book you see is "Icarus"

The symbolism is of the plane Icarus, the super hero is Shock Gibson

I'm saying comparing the writing. The writing on the comic book page is more than likely his "editor" so if Weasel is this "editor" wouldn't they have the same writing?

a note decoded on Alcatraz tells us this comic is called Icarus

are you saying that Al has multiple personalities? Why would he write all of the negative comments on his own artwork? Doesn't make sense to me.

not discussing that though, I guess my final thought on this theory is that its possible MotD is like CotD in a way. the characters in both I don't think are directly related to the story line. same with George and Ferguson/Brutus. But I do think its possible that the "controller" or whatnot in MotD could make a reappearance in the story down the road. giving it some significance even though its not directly related to the map itself. much like the sidequest on CotD gave us some insicght on how the guys got from ascension to shangri la, but didnt neccessarily advance the story other than simply explaining their method of transportation. of course CotD had awesome radios which were story related so thats a bit different

Actually Lucifer was an angel. The Light Bearer. The Morning Star. His arrogance and rebellion caused God to cast him from heaven to earth as a fallen Angel. He is the Lord of this world. Purgatory, as you seem to be speaking about with the repeating cycling and correcting mistakes, is a human thing, nothing for Angels. So, I disagree on that, and really on most of your post. I do think that MotD ties into the entire BO zombie story, I think Arlington may be the creator of alot of things we aren't aware of, yet.