Weasel Escaped! MOTD theory

OK, so we know from the Pop Goes the Weasel easter egg that weasel was supposedly murdered by Sal, Finn, and Billy. He was described to have been left to bleed out. However, what insight could Stanley Ferguson have had?

My theory is that Weasel might have gotten away that night.

Possibly crawled away, or finished building Icarus, idk. :?:

Afterwards I think he escaped somewhere and used a new alias in a different life

Perhaps to germany to avoid the U.S government?

and could tie into the zombies story? maybe assumed the alias of the name

nikolai that he keeps hearing? and could possibly be the nikolai from previous games

also thinking about another theory of who stanley's 5 year old son grow up to be. but anyway, any thoughts to add on or ideas just reply

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

I took it as an escape from his personal hell. How else do you explain the tapes that describe his demise and the trail of blood on the rooftop? Which yeah most zombies maps are covered in blood; but this seemed too detailed to be taken as just random blood spatter.

There are three different scenario's.

- Weasel was killed by the other three & the other three were executed, Ferguson retires as a guard.

- Weasel kills Ferguson & Weasel was killed by the other three.

- Weasel kills Ferguson, Weasel kills Finn, Sal & Billy (& lives happily ever after? Jokes, who knows. This would be where your theory comes in)

Just like with the other Black Ops II maps, there are (possibly) 3 scenarios.

- You obey Maxis

- You obey Richtofen

- You don't obey either & are killed by Zombies, resurrected until you complete one of the previous points.

And Origins would be like every other Zombies map, you either complete the side quest (somehow/assumed to travel to the next map), or die & are resurrected like every other Zombies map.

Depending on what happens that particular game. This would be YOUR storyline arc.

Choose your own adventure. That's my take on it anyway.

I explain it via time travel.

No, PINNAZ. Mob of the Dead has a singular ending. For they are trapped there in a never-ending cycle. Even if you "complete" it by killing Weasel, the cycle keeps going. The ONLY way it ends is for Weasel to kill the other three. THAT is the ending of Mob of the Dead. For any other ending brings you right back to the beginning.

(I should strike out/edit some of my previous post)

There are actually 4 scenarios.

All characters start in Afterlife, therefore all characters are already dead, they are ghosts.

If you do absolutely nothing in afterlife when the game begins, you get a 4th ending, this is what I think would be the "real" scenario, this would be the scenario that Ferguson is talking about in the audio tapes. Icarus was never built, the characters killed Weasel on the roof & then they were executed by electric chair and mob of the Dead never takes place.

And then there are the 3 other scenarios that I mentioned previously.

If Weasel kills the other 3, he breaks his own torture cycle. He escapes purgatory. That's all. He was already dead to begin with.

He didn't die until afterwards. If he died on Tuesday you cannot say he is dead on Monday. Purgatory is a belief, a motif. It is NOT literal. This place is as much purgatory as it is for me to wait at the dentist's office. When Christians are faced with a devilish being, they will assume they are in in a Christian bad place. If we were playing as Greeks, they might say we are trapped in Hades. Separate faith from facts or we will never get anywhere. If this place is purgatory, then so is Die Rise when Richtofen makes them repeat over and over again. That must mean that Misty and Co. are dead. Meaning the end of the world never happened nor got fixed. And...

Well I can go all day on beliefs, faiths, and half-truths.

“...supernatural explanations always mean the end of inquiry: that’s the way God wants it, end of story. Science, on the other hand, is never satisfied: our studies of the universe will continue until humans go extinct.”

MMx: Purgatory is different in almost every belief, In this case I believe the actual purgatory is the opening cutscene, where everything is normal until Fergison is killed by weasel- the only member to not make a specific sin. After that the descend into hell: Where the zombies/demons are...

Die rise isn't set in hell because there's no violence in purgatory until a wrongful decision is made, which in die rise, there is no decision, you just start killing zombies. The fact richtofen has the power to send someone back is a different power entirely explained by two things:

1: Richtofen simply has power over life-force... simple... No issues.

2: While these four are here, another group of richtofen's are at buried and richtofen KNOWS they will fail him... SO instead of waisting human resources, he has them place a time-bomb before the 4 arrive, and has them detonate it after the N4 die, resetting time across the globe, and putting forth the possibility of new outcomes. This tactic of his is "limited" because he only has so many people to sacrafise before the time bomb-tactic is useless...

By this means we can actually theorize a stray time-bomb placed sense the beginning of tranzit is how the crew got from buried to tranzit:

Other people place time bomb in buried.

Meanwhile the N4 are:

Power tower TRANZIT

die at die rise

TIME BOMB

Power tower DIE RISE

Power tower BURIED

collect buried nav-card

find time bomb left over from the others

activate time bomb to be sent back to transit, where they then place the nav card in again, repeating the cycle from tranzit to buried twice! THEN a single tower can be powered....

Pinnaz: MMx makes a valid point: There is no escape...

Sinario 1: Weasel and co. never resurrects their bodies---> Cycle restarts, the 3 lose their memories...

Sinario 2: Weasel and co. get eaten by zombies ----> Cycle restarts, 3 lose their memories...

Sinario 3: Weasel gets dragged back to hell by the three----> Cycle restarts, 3 lose memories....

Sinario 4: Weasel shoots the other three back to hell and ascends into a better place---> Cycle breaks, 3 are likely subject to a new punishment sense they failed their task... Weasel is forgiven...

Sinario 4 is the only option in which the characters DON'T start back from the beginning.