Ray Gun Mark II First Impressions & Gameplay

Pew pew pew. That's right, y'all be hearing that new laser gun everywhere now. In case you didn't know yet, the Ray Gun Mark II is available to (I believe...) all Season Pass holders right now. It's in the box, and it's very rare to get.

eQK-UZDF-5s

So, after using it on a few maps, here's what I think about the new Ray Gun so far:

On regular survival maps, getting the new Ray Gun isn't gonna change your game dramatically. I was hoping we could use both the regular Ray Gun and the new one at the same time, but it's not possible. However I recommend you to pick the new one over the old, since it doesn't do the one thing that everyone hates about the regular Ray Gun: killing you. There's no splash damage whatsoever and that's why the new Ray Gun is a great addition, even on the Survival maps and TranSh*t. I can also tell you that the Mark II is more powerful, but uses a lot more ammo since it's a 3-burst gun.

If you start shooting the Mark II at every single zombie you see, you can guarantee you'll be out of bullets fast. With that being said, this gun is great for training Zombies. Not perfect though, as you need to line up your zombies close to each other. It's possible to kill an entire horde with merely 3 bullets, but it's extremely difficult to do so and you'll most likely end up using half of your clip.

Getting the Mark II on Die Rise and Mob of the Dead was surprisingly easy and does change the game a lot. Combine this gun with the Sliquifier and the AN-94 on Die Rise, and you'll be safe for a very long time. Also in Mob of the Dead (And even Grief: Cell Blocks) the Mark II becomes extremely effective against Brutus. It can also replace the Blundergat just fine, in case your other team mates already robbed you from it.

Anyway, that sums up about everything I can say about it. I really wish they put more ammo in this baby, 'cuz I just wanna shred the zombies without running out of bullets so quickly. Let me know what you think of the new Wonder Weapon!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they hotfixed it?

Anyways, I play the older maps still, so MOTD will be great for 4 players:

1. Have 1 guy with Vitrolic Withering From Box and good automatic pap'd

2. Have 1 guy with Sweeper or Withering from tomahawks and automatic pap'd

3. Have 1 guy with Meat Grinder and either upgraded automatic or regular ray gun

4. Me, with new Wonder Weapon and upgraded automatic :)