Leaderboards Counting In Public After People Leave

So last night I played a 4 player game of public Die Rise. We made it to round 30 before two of the guys left and then the last guy eventually left since we figured the rounds wouldn't count anyways and it was getting late. I was the last left in the game, finished round 30 and then ended the game via select screen and quitting at the beginning of 31. I checked the leader boards to see if I had beaten my previous 4 player Die Rise record to come and find out that even though people left the game, the score and rounds counted, but only up to right before people started leaving. The leader board said round 30 (my previous 4 player Die Rise high was 29).

Forgive me if this has been fixed in a patch but I did not expect this. Neither did the last guy who I was playing with. We didnt know what was going on.

And on a side note, I finally ranked up to skull w/knife after that game. I should probably be shotguns but I messed around with the perma perks a lot early on. And the rank system is broken anyways. But it was still a nice bonus (along with the bonus of the rounds actually counting on the boards)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are playing a public co-op match, the rounds will save up until the point a player leaves or drops out, and then it will stop recording.

Something of note... Sometimes, when it is the host who drops out of the game, and a host migration takes place, the rounds have been known to continue saving. I have had it happen on one occasion, and have heard plenty of others say the same thing.

Not sure if it happens all the time though, as I have had people argue against it before.

If you are playing a public co-op match, the rounds will save up until the point a player leaves or drops out, and then it will stop recording.

Something of note... Sometimes, when it is the host who drops out of the game, and a host migration takes place, the rounds have been known to continue saving. I have had it happen on one occasion, and have heard plenty of others say the same thing.

Not sure if it happens all the time though, as I have had people argue against it before.

Yea a host migration caused my motd high round 2 save1 time

Host migration for me makes it never save the rounds. That and players leaving.

And this is a good reason to hate public lobbies with randoms.

-> Guy goes down on the other side of the map

-> Can't reach him in time

-> He dies

-> Leaves game being a loser

Once a player leaves its like the game has ended, even before die rise (to my knowledge), a game wasn't forfited simply because a guy left... It simply means one can not progress further round-wise, HOWEVER! Kills still are added to Over all score, as well as downs, deaths, perks, ect. So even if all player's left on round one it is still possible to level up your rank.

Yes, leaderboards have always been set by the round the first person leaves in. The question is the exceptions. There have been cases where I or people I know have set Boards after someone left.

-Disconnection?

-Xbox turned off?

Would like to know if anyone has an idea on how. Continueing after someone leaves would be a relief, especially if the person leaving was forced to. And could leave in a manner that allowed rounds to still count.

And yes, Treyarch. Let us play. Choosing smaller lobbies to play in or continue if someone goes.