All Possible Links Community Theories

Tis not finished my friend its a community thread. This is were we come together and together alone disprove/approve what is right or wrong by debating, researching, and giving the final analysis. I hope others look at this as that.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

allright just a quick question to clear things up Requix. Are you saying that the fireworks in die rise are the same fireworks that are seen in Alcatraz?

Because thats entirely impossible because of the shape of our earth. We can't see anything father then ~20 miles into the horizon. and San Francisco is definetely 20 miles farther from Die Rise. (how do I know that you can't see more than 20 miles? I went to this one old light house in the outer banks (one of the largest in North America) and they said that even though its so old its still the tallest because there is no point in making light houses taller because the light would still only be seen 20 miles away.

But we might found out if they are occuring at the same time when we go to the fourth map that I theorized is going to be on an asteroid. I say that because everytime the earth shakes at the loading screen an asteroid passes by. And Im pretty sure we will probably be able to select a map from that asteroid. And maybe we might be able to see some lights going on from down at Earth ;)

Oh well I know that it wouldn't be possible lol but if it was all in the same realm? Like stop mocking me0 said about being like mind craft.

allright just a quick question to clear things up Requix. Are you saying that the fireworks in die rise are the same fireworks that are seen in Alcatraz?

Because thats entirely impossible because of the shape of our earth. We can't see anything father then ~20 miles into the horizon. and San Francisco is definetely 20 miles farther from Die Rise. (how do I know that you can't see more than 20 miles? I went to this one old light house in the outer banks (one of the largest in North America) and they said that even though its so old its still the tallest because there is no point in making light houses taller because the light would still only be seen 20 miles away.

But we might found out if they are occuring at the same time when we go to the fourth map that I theorized is going to be on an asteroid. I say that because everytime the earth shakes at the loading screen an asteroid passes by. And Im pretty sure we will probably be able to select a map from that asteroid. And maybe we might be able to see some lights going on from down at Earth ;)

Oh well I know that it wouldn't be possible lol but if it was all in the same realm? Like stop mocking me0 said about being like mind craft.

I think we would have seen some more links beside just fireworks if we were in the same realm ;)

Because thats entirely impossible because of the shape of our earth. We can't see anything father then ~20 miles into the horizon. and San Francisco is definetely 20 miles farther from Die Rise. (how do I know that you can't see more than 20 miles? I went to this one old light house in the outer banks (one of the largest in North America) and they said that even though its so old its still the tallest because there is no point in making light houses taller because the light would still only be seen 20 miles away. Earth ;)

I think we would have seen some more links beside just fireworks if we were in the same realm ;)

You think so? Im pretty sure theres a few links but you have to actually look for them ;)

I don't think the fireworks have much to do with it, it's as simple as it's new years repeating itself over and over, being we are in an alternate dimension, it would be safe to say that there are no real people even setting them off, just another cruel idea from the controller to show you that you are so very close to civilization, yet ever so far away.

Just imagine being stranded in the ocean for a long time, then you see land and signs of life, but every time you get close the waves just carry you farther back. I think that's all the fireworks are there for, a tease to the in game player.

But I try to look at all things from both sides so, if in fact it is in reference to Die Rise these would be my ideas.

First, it's simply showing us that die rise is going on at the same time as said before about repeating the cycle for one hundred years. Or two, it's showing that it's happening at the same time as Die Rise, but the fireworks we see are in fact across the planet, but we're seeing them because of the broken rift. We are treated to the perk machines phasing in and out (possibly from die rise) as well as a random firework or two that gets through.

I still believe my first statement but it's always good to hear others ideas.

Ok, it seems as though you've changed your OP, but this is why I think that New Years Eve date was chosen & why we see the fireworks. (you did make me realise that both Die Rise & MotD occur over New Years eve & Chinese New Year, just coincidence or there maybe something in that?)

Below is an excerpt taken form the BOII Elite Website from an interview with Treyarch’s Executive Producer Jason Blundell. Link is HERE

I hear that the whole dev team travelled to Alcatraz. How did you arrange to get in for reference shots?

We did it old school actually. We literally just rang them up and asked if we could bring a film crew. We took a whole bunch of photos. Every dev member that went along took a high-def camera. Everyone was just photographing the entire place.

We just walked in, 20-odd devs with tickets and Black Ops II sweatshirts. We rolled in there and did the audio tour. We’re all taking these pictures of tiny textures. We even had our sound guy, Shawn Jimmerson, with a big cowboy hat on, proper professional audio headphones and a recording mic recording the sounds as we’re on the tour.

He says that the team went on the "Alcatraz Audio Tour", hence probably why there is the audio headphones in the last part of the side quest where we hear Ferguson explaining some of the backstory from the 4 characters. They may have incorporated this feature into the gameplay.

The sound in this next video is from the actual audio tour at Alcatraz. It's a great video walkthrough aswell. Watch the whole thing, but the part that I'm talking about is at 7mins 10secs.

It says something like "Cell Block D" faces the bay & the cold wind would blow through the Cellblock. The Yacht Club would hold a New Years Eve party & you could hear the sound of laughter from the outside world."

This, is why I think that the New Years Eve date was chosen. Watch & listen to the video.

Alcatraz Audio Tour

Keep up your hunting & questioning Mr Eclipse. I like your passion, Good job.

Ok, it seems as though you've changed your OP, but this is why I think that New Years Eve date was chosen & why we see the fireworks. (you did make me realise that both Die Rise & MotD occur over New Years eve & Chinese New Year, just coincidence or there maybe something in that?)

Below is an excerpt taken form the BOII Elite Website from an interview with Treyarch’s Executive Producer Jason Blundell. Link is HERE

I hear that the whole dev team travelled to Alcatraz. How did you arrange to get in for reference shots?

We did it old school actually. We literally just rang them up and asked if we could bring a film crew. We took a whole bunch of photos. Every dev member that went along took a high-def camera. Everyone was just photographing the entire place.

We just walked in, 20-odd devs with tickets and Black Ops II sweatshirts. We rolled in there and did the audio tour. We’re all taking these pictures of tiny textures. We even had our sound guy, Shawn Jimmerson, with a big cowboy hat on, proper professional audio headphones and a recording mic recording the sounds as we’re on the tour.

He says that the team went on the "Alcatraz Audio Tour", hence probably why there is the audio headphones in the last part of the side quest where we hear Ferguson explaining some of the backstory from the 4 characters. They may have incorporated this feature into the gameplay.

The sound in this next video is from the actual audio tour at Alcatraz. It's a great video walkthrough aswell. Watch the whole thing, but the part that I'm talking about is at 7mins 10secs.

It says something like "Cell Block D" faces the bay & the cold wind would blow through the Cellblock. The Yacht Club would hold a New Years Eve party & you could hear the sound of laughter from the outside world."

This, is why I think that the New Years Eve date was chosen. Watch & listen to the video.

Alcatraz Audio Tour

Keep up your hunting & questioning Mr Eclipse. I like your passion, Good job.

Thank you PINNAZ it means a lot my friend and you brought some very interesting information. Im about to watch that video now!

I don't think the fireworks have much to do with it, it's as simple as it's new years repeating itself over and over, being we are in an alternate dimension, it would be safe to say that there are no real people even setting them off, just another cruel idea from the controller to show you that you are so very close to civilization, yet ever so far away.

Just imagine being stranded in the ocean for a long time, then you see land and signs of life, but every time you get close the waves just carry you farther back. I think that's all the fireworks are there for, a tease to the in game player.

But I try to look at all things from both sides so, if in fact it is in reference to Die Rise these would be my ideas.

First, it's simply showing us that die rise is going on at the same time as said before about repeating the cycle for one hundred years. Or two, it's showing that it's happening at the same time as Die Rise, but the fireworks we see are in fact across the planet, but we're seeing them because of the broken rift. We are treated to the perk machines phasing in and out (possibly from die rise) as well as a random firework or two that gets through.

I still believe my first statement but it's always good to hear others ideas.

I do appreciate your input friend. This means there is something is missing. That one thing that ties this whole thing together. The question is what is it? I dont expect an answer thats the fun part. When the community comes together with the answer. Thats when you got something special that no other community has.

• 2 weeks later...