A Cat has Nine Lives : Origins

Dying 9 different times before staying dead.....

My list, replacing a few of NathanNS's

1: Zombies

2: By Acid Trap

3: Fan Trap

4: Brutus

5: Afterlife switch

6: Hellhound

7: Tower Trap

8: Electric Chairs

9: Continuing The Cycle

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't see Treyarch actually wanting player to legitimately 'down' themselves. Ranking system is too important to some people.

If there IS something to the 9 lives thing, then it is more than likely something to do with 9 Afterlife downs, as opposed to genuine downs.

Staying dead could be a 'third' possible scenario, though that may be a little far fetched at the minute.

I just can't see Treyarch actually wanting player to legitimately 'down' themselves. Ranking system is too important to some people.

If there IS something to the 9 lives thing, then it is more than likely something to do with 9 Afterlife downs, as opposed to genuine downs.

Staying dead could be a 'third' possible scenario, though that may be a little far fetched at the minute.

You could be right my friend and Im not saying your wrong. Ill look at it more my self and tell you my thoughts my friend. Great job I haven't seen a post on this yet! Keep it up!

You could be right my friend and Im not saying your wrong. Ill look at it more my self and tell you my thoughts my friend. Great job I haven't seen a post on this yet! Keep it up!

I was hoping to do some experimenting with it last night, but I ended up going out for a night on the town.

Will definitely be going into a game tonight and will try a few things out. Might try using all 10 switches, leaving the last one as the one on the roof.

Hi DBZ

We have some testing done.

But we head to Bridge before all switches used.

We used all switches after that and upgrade the tower trap 10 times (each of us) and then Head back to bridge.

Only Thing we notice is that the tower make a noise. Dont know if that happend before Upgrade.

Can we kill Brutus with the traps? Maybe need to kill him 9 times???

Hi DBZ

We have some testing done.

But we head to Bridge before all switches used.

We used all switches after that and upgrade the tower trap 10 times (each of us) and then Head back to bridge.

Only Thing we notice is that the tower make a noise. Dont know if that happend before Upgrade.

Yeah, I was thinking it was maybe something to do with Brutus, but he might be tied into a different EE now, that a certain group are talking about now.

From the story I found online, I am thinking it is something more to do with afterlife's, but maybe not.

Shooter is right though... Arlington would have to have wrote it down for a reason, but maybe we are just overthinking something.

Either way, I will continue to try a few things out and see if anything comes out of it all.

Judging how Treyarch have been trolling the community & how mysterious Mob of the Dead is, I really wouldn't be surprised if there was a easter egg that occurs if a player has been downed 9 times in 9 different ways.

From what I've seen, you cannot kill Brutus with any trap. When I tried with the fan/acid trap, as soon as Brutus came into contact with the trap it stopped working.

As for killing Brutus 9 times.... No. I once survived 6 rounds on the bridge meaning 18 Brutus' died. (Excluding the Brutus' at the prison)

Then again as I mentioned that was on the Bridge so you may have to kill him 9 times at the prison.

Judging how Treyarch have been trolling the community & how mysterious Mob of the Dead is, I really wouldn't be surprised if there was a easter egg that occurs if a player has been downed 9 times in 9 different ways.

With the ranking system being what it is, I cannot see them hiding something major that would require up to NINE downs. Maybe something small, and irrelevant to the game, but not something big.

I like this idea and it can really mean something. Maybe the boss for the next map will be a cat :lol: jk. But in all seriousness, maybe it means do the easter egg 9 times. In a row if possible. What if Weasel is the "cat" and needs to die 9 times? If someone already said this, sorry. I never read the whole thread.

If anything, the story about the cat was awesome.

At the moment I'm leaning toward the 9 deaths of the characters before and during the game. I'll just throw some random things to try if you can before I get home from work.

1- play around with the number pad in the tunnels using 999(flipped 666 get it?)

2- study each of the 10 suicide switches perhaps there is a visual pattern we're overlooking. Might get lucky and find which of the 10 you should not use.

3-Go to bridge 9 times

4- Have a player bleed out 9 times

And I havn't played enough grief to know what is blocked off and what isn't, but perhaps there may be something to compare and contrast in theater mode.

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday i put 115 in the control panel and get the brutus quote "not this time". Which let me Brainstorming why this quote? I take a look in all the quotes from motd and came across with nothing :(.

But can't get it Out of my head and at some point i remember the nine lives of a cat.

Have anyone tested die nine times with the chairs and put in the numbers?

Or put it in after killing 5 brutus???