What I love and hate about mob of the dead

This map was grade A wonderfull IMO, for several reasons:

1-This is the first zombies map in black ops 2 to have a charracter with an awsome hat

2-They brought back box wonder weapons, while still allowing one to "build" the wonder weapon by collecting the skulls...

3-Upgradable wonderweapon TWICEFOLD!

4- The new HUD is kickass!

5-The new way of collecting items (all at once, not one---> build it---> another) makes buildables 10x as fun!

6-Blundergat:6/10, Acidgat: 5/10, sweeper: 7/10, VW 8/10,Ak47: 7/10, Tommy gun: 8/10, Uzi: 7/10, redeemer/retriever: 10/10, spork: 7/10, deathmachine:7/10

Weapon wise, the tomahawk was super fun to kill with, very powerfull but in NO ways Op. Tommy gun was a bit week but SO MUCH FUN! Uzi was good for points, and abundant amo supply. Death machine I didn't like as a weapon, but hay, it works! The spork is a bit OP but then again, at round 26 you're not going to be knifing every zombie you see are you? Ak47 was poor on amo, but I did not mind getting it from the box... And the Blundergat... The Blundergat was a very powerfull weapon and actually VERY quick reload, as well as amo amount, when you aci-fied it the little blobs became a bit annoying, a bit like the war machine without the bouncing, didn't like that... The sweeper was a very helpfull weapon and having more shots in the barrel INSTANTLY made it better then the Blundergat. And finally the VW: Truely epic weapon (despite It reminds me too much of the FREAKING crossbow from black ops... I hated that thing...) acid blobs can really be usefull both amo wise and for being in a pinch...

7- Sheild returns, but with different parts! Yay!

8- An ending! A real ending! This makes it so your not always ending the game like: Aw... I could have done SO much better... You feel like you've ACCOMPLISHED the map! It also gives you a way to end the map when YOU want!

9-You build a vehicle! Super awsome! If they release mod tools I would love some one make a map where one has to build a rocket or teleporter!

10- Greif mode makes the long anticipated return of PHD Flopper! A perk we all know and love... Points are deducted for not having juggernog in the map...

11- Deadshot was not my favorite perk, and I'm sad they didn't upgrade it to deadshot 2.0... Sigh... Can't have everything! But I'm glad it's back!

12- No perma-perks... I HATE these things... Sure they don't do anything bad but I hate going back and doing pointless stuff just so I can revive teammates faster or gain a bit more health! That's what perks are for! No cheating!

13- Characters are kickass! These guys are so awsome! Maybe not as good as the O4 or the call of the dead crowd, but I like them more then Samule+co. and the "five" group...

14- The dog heads add a fun and rewarding objective to camping areas!

15- Compleatly new audio, no returning annoying quotes I've heard a million times!

16- Super entertaining storyline that doesn't really relate to the outside storyline, but doesnt need to! It's awsome as is!

17- Firesales are always a nice feature!

18- New camos for Pack a punched weapons!

19- Almost compleatly new box rotation: RPG, ray gun, Blundergat, 5-7 duel weild (haven't seen single yet, but may be in there), LSAT, ak47, Pdw, DSR (is the Barrett in the box? I forget), Galil, (I beleive not 100%) exicutioner,Fal, and lock...

This is the MOTD box NOTmthe greif box...

20- Afterlife mode gives you SOMETHING to do after death! Seriously! Well done! Now I don't have to be pissed when I go down! Now I can be pissed AND PRODUCTIVE! I hope to see this awsome mode again in another map, maybe not all the maps (hell maybe not till cod11) but at SOME POINT! I would like to see this again!

Things I didn't like:

1:No semtex: But who truely cares about that?

2: Can be really glitchy with all the cool new stuff... Eh... Everything comes at a cost!

3: Phd and mule kick trolled us again! Seriously! When are we going to get a Map with 8 perks? Surely there's enough coding room for a couple of more perks? If not please trash the war machine from code... We all hate that weapon... Everyone hates that weapon... Maybe upgraded it can do SOME good... But not much...

So as you can see! The map's perks FAR outweigh the maps faults! Anything you guys would like to add?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I hate about Mob of the Dead is Brutus.

I can't count how many times I've been down because of him.

I love MOTD's weapons. The Tommy Gun is probably the best off the wall weapon in Zombies yet.

the an94 wants to have a word with you...

So does the PPSH!!! (if it was a wall weapon)

I love MOTD's weapons. The Tommy Gun is probably the best off the wall weapon in Zombies yet.

So does the PPSH!!! (if it was a wall weapon)

...and the MP40, especially the MP40.

for some reason It took a long time for me to get my first down from brutus. But then again his stupid self cost me a grief tourny :cry:

My favorite wall gun would be the m16 or ak47 just because of the location of the two guns. All the good guns are usually placed in places that are not reliable places to get ammo. The ak 47 in tranzit is ok but its great in cotd. But my favorite wall gun in motd is still th mp5 just because Its right by the acid trap and its a good cheap weapon to buy in the beginning and by the time I usually run out of ammo Im at the docks and I can just purchase ammo there also.

One thing to add to one of your list whether you hate it or like it.

Multiple spots to purchase wall gun ammo.

This should make the Uzi the go-to wall gun for MotD.

I honestly think the Tommy is a huge let down. Sure it has tons of Ammo and very little recoil, but it's weak. Even aiming for the headshots, I find the Uzi carries me much further than the Tommy. An Uzi should not feel more powerful than a Tommy gun.

This should make the Uzi the go-to wall gun for MotD.

I honestly think the Tommy is a huge let down. Sure it has tons of Ammo and very little recoil, but it's weak. Even aiming for the headshots, I find the Uzi carries me much further than the Tommy. An Uzi should not feel more powerful than a Tommy gun.

I THINK there are 3 spots for the uzi. the wardens office, end of spiral staircase, and the infirmary. so yea its good. The tommy gun is way to expensive for the power it has, but the times i do use it, it seems that my points skyrocket lol. I guess its because of the sucky damage and high mag count.

I strongly prefer the magazine size the TG holds. 8-)