Misty and Dempsey

A quote in Shangri La states that Dempsey had a pet monkey at home. When Misty was young she too had a pet monkey.

So is the guy she refers to as her dad really her step-father?

Did her mom think Tank died during the war, or run out on them?

Did she then re-marry and disregard all knowledge of Tank?

I couldn't imagine her not being Dempsey's little girl, because they act so much alike. If Tank does die saving the world, I hope he has a chance to re-unite with her. I also hope he gets on Marlton's nerves. He would see Richtofen in Marlton, because of the intelligence they have.

Somebody write a fan-fiction about this, or does one already exist?

Tell me your theories on this. Something cool to speculate on.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully there will be some tie in between the Kino wall writing "Abigail" & why Misty's middle name (as such) is Abigail. I'm sure Misty is somehow linked to the original characters including Maxis & Samantha for this reason.

Hopefully there will be some tie in between the Kino wall writing "Abigail" & why Misty's middle name (as such) is Abigail. I'm sure Misty is somehow linked to the original characters including Maxis & Samantha for this reason.

Misty's FIRST name is Abigail. Abigail Briarton is her name. Misty is a nickname. Abigail "Misty" Briarton.

Btw, I don't think there is any connection. There's a century time difference, an age difference, a nationality difference, and a culture difference. So, they share the same name. Big deal. We have multiple Johnson characters and multiple George characters.

I might have to go back to the Shangri-La quotes to try to verify that. I know Misty said it. Never heard of Tank saying it.

But Misty would have had to time travel if she was his daughter.

The only time she would time travel would be after Tranzit, with Dr. Richtofen's help. Otherwise, Tank first encountered zombies in 1945. He was captured and was used in the 935 super soldier experiments, which one of the side effects were memory loss. When he regained it, he remembered he had a five year old daughter IN 1945. To him, he probably thinks she's still that young.

Nuketown takes place between 1959-1963, making Misty around 19-22(damn, that's young).

Nuketown occurs in the future, shortly before the detonation of the missiles. The missiles occurred in the future, as in Die Rise there are computer monitors, modern advertisements, modern buildings, futuristic fridges, and quotes from the characters that say it is the future. The world wasn't nuked at two separate times.

Misty's FIRST name is Abigail. Abigail Briarton is her name. Misty is a nickname. Abigail "Misty" Briarton.

Btw, I don't think there is any connection. There's a century time difference, an age difference, a nationality difference, and a culture difference. So, they share the same name. Big deal. We have multiple Johnson characters and multiple George characters.

I think there can be a connection. Sam can reach through time, leaving messages on walls and controlling zombies. I did some research on the names on the wall, and they mean:

Samantha- listen, listener, name of God(777, Maxis)

Emilia- friendly, rival.(*Maxis' group vs Richtofens group, thinking their side is the right one*)

Abigail- The Father's Joy(Dempsey's joy, perhaps?)

So it could mean, that Abigail is following the wrong God(Richtofen), making her a rival and big problem for Dempsey, Takeo, Nikolai, and Sam.M's plans(O4 are following Maxis as of Moon EE). You would think if she was Tank's girl, he would've recognized her name at Kino,but his memory was wiped. Misty could also be daughter of Sophia, but that would make her relative to Sam.M and Maxis. Sam.M wants to find Sophia, but instead, may find her daughter. Or it could simply mean, Listen to Maxis. But there are a couple contradictions.

Nuketown occurs in the future, shortly before the detonation of the missiles. The missiles occurred in the future, as in Die Rise there are computer monitors, modern advertisements, modern buildings, futuristic fridges, and quotes from the characters that say it is the future. The world wasn't nuked at two separate times.

You're talking about Nuketown 2025? The Black Ops Nuketown is where Marlton was in the bunker and where the 115 missile hit. You do know Nuketown 2025 is in a timeline alternate to this one, right?? I also did research and found that it was indeed before 1963. From Tranzit they traveled time. Remember, Die Rise's sky is clear which mean time has went by. The 3 115 missiles affected the whole planet, so the fallout wouldn't clear, just by teleporting to another continent.

Nuketown 2025 is a remade version of Nuketown. There are no alternate timelines. It's all one timestream, as the world was blown up in the future, so there was never a paradox. The sky of Great Leap Forward has so much fog that you couldn't see the ground. No time has passed. You're just higher in the air.

Nuketown, Green Run, and Great Leap Forward take place in the future.

1. They have futuristic weaponry of the time

2. They were all blown up simultaneously

3. Green Run has a futuristic intelligent sentient robot

4. Great Leap Forward has flatscreen computer monitors

5. Great Leap Forward has futuristic refrigerators

6. Great Leap Forward has an old 1996 poster

7. Great Leap Forward has a destroyed building built in 1998

8. Samuel says "I put the F U in future!"

9. Misty says "This is the future," literally.

10. Maxis talks via an electromagnetic connection of machines, better known as the internet

Nuketown 2025 is a remade version of Nuketown. There are no alternate timelines. It's all one timestream, as the world was blown up in the future, so there was never a paradox. The sky of Great Leap Forward has so much fog that you couldn't see the ground. No time has passed. You're just higher in the air.

Nuketown, Green Run, and Great Leap Forward take place in the future.

2. They were all blown up simultaneously

3. Green Run has a futuristic intelligent sentient robot

4. Great Leap Forward has flatscreen computer monitors

5. Great Leap Forward has futuristic refrigerators

6. Great Leap Forward has an old 1996 poster

7. Great Leap Forward has a destroyed building built in 1998

8. Samuel says "I put the F U in future!"

10. Maxis talks via an electromagnetic connection of machines, better known as the internet

That makes a lot of sense.

I'm defeated.*head explodes*

Thank you. But like I said, a relation between Dempsey and Misty is not impossible. It'd be interesting. It would just require time travel, which, given the story, is not too far fetched an idea.

Hehe,"Only time travel will tell". Do you think the series will end like Goethe's Faust?

So do the people in MotD. So.. you're saying that all the Black Ops 2 maps take place in the future, because all of them use BO2 multiplayer weapons that are featured in the 2025 part of the campaign? How about the Cold War weapons in BO1 that you can use in the Zombies maps, that supposedly happen in the 1940's? Maybe in the end Treyarch just allows you to use whatever the weapons are from the game you're in, for gameplay reasons...

She says "This is the future! ...Kinda" when she picks a Ray Gun out of the box in Die Rise. Considering the context, and that Marlton also makes a comment about reliving his childhood dreams of being a superhero when he picks up a Ray Gun, I don't think that Misty talking about the futuristic concept of laser-style weaponry proves anything.

And your proof for this is...?

I'm of the opinion that Green Run and Nuketown both do not take place in the future, as in, not after 1980 at the latest. But Die Rise is definitely confirmed to have taken place in the future, as in post-1996.

I heard that dempsey and takeo were slowly ragaining their memory back. What if dempsey had the name abigail in his head, not knowing who she was, and wrote it on the wall to help him find out who it was. Later on, they re-unite in the last black ops 2 dlc and there can then be 8 player zombies in bo3, with all people from bo1 and bo2.

I heard that dempsey and takeo were slowly ragaining their memory back. What if dempsey had the name abigail in his head, not knowing who she was, and wrote it on the wall to help him find out who it was. Later on, they re-unite in the last black ops 2 dlc and there can then be 8 player zombies in bo3, with all people from bo1 and bo2.

I think they already have their memory back. That would be cool tho. I think the characters from Call of The Dead should be involved. Something like 12 player.

Richtofen: "Thank you again stranger, perhaps we will see you another time....goodbye!"

Firstly you guys need to understand that there are loads of anachronisms in zombies. What "should" or "should not" exist in the past / future is often blurred. For instance, teleporters and unrealistically powerful space-age guns should not exist in the 40s, but they do. Not everything is 100% chronologically accurate, compared to the real world. 

So do the people in MotD. So.. you're saying that all the Black Ops 2 maps take place in the future, because all of them use BO2 multiplayer weapons that are featured in the 2025 part of the campaign? How about the Cold War weapons in BO1 that you can use in the Zombies maps, that supposedly happen in the 1940's? Maybe in the end Treyarch just allows you to use whatever the weapons are from the game you're in, for gameplay reasons...

I'm pretty sure BOI zombies takes place in the 60s, because of the time travel from Der Riese. That would make all of the weapons there fitting. The MotD future weapons can be attributed to the rift. However many people simply say that available weapons are non-canon. 

I personally am of the opinion that Green Run and nuketown take place during the 60s. We know with certainty that green run takes place after moon, so technically it could be any time from the 60s on. Now If the jump from Green Run to Die Rise involved time travel, we know Die Rise likely takes place from 2000-2025 or somewhere around there.

Bearing in mind the possibility that Green Run could exist in about a 40 year span, we have two possibilities that occur to me. 

1: Green Run takes place in the future, and no time "jumps" occur from GR to Die Rise.

Or...

2: Green Run takes place in the 60s-80s, and the warp from GR to Die Rise also sends them through time, to Die Rise, which takes place in 2025. 

There is, however, the issue of Nuketown. It takes place shortly before the events of Green Run, so its time would also set the time for Green Run. So, what is its time? We know it takes place at the same time as Moon, setting it most likely in the 60s. Since Marlton is in both Nuketown and GR we can say GR is right after Nuketown. But then how could maxis have searched for many decades, but the transition from moon to Green Run is likely much shorter? The (possible) answer: maxis began "searching" as soon as he was betrayed at Gryphon station in the 40s. 

There are still loads of anachronisms to account for, like guns, the bus driver, etc. I've probably just confused myself further here, but of well. The damage is done. :mrgreen:

Firstly you guys need to understand that there are loads of anachronisms in zombies. What "should" or "should not" exist in the past / future is often blurred. For instance, teleporters and unrealistically powerful space-age guns should not exist in the 40s, but they do. Not everything is 100% chronologically accurate, compared to the real world. 

I'm pretty sure BOI zombies takes place in the 60s, because of the time travel from Der Riese. That would make all of the weapons there fitting. The MotD future weapons can be attributed to the rift. However many people simply say that available weapons are non-canon. 

I personally am of the opinion that Green Run and nuketown take place during the 60s. We know with certainty that green run takes place after moon, so technically it could be any time from the 60s on. Now If the jump from Green Run to Die Rise involved time travel, we know Die Rise likely takes place from 2000-2025 or somewhere around there.

Bearing in mind the possibility that Green Run could exist in about a 40 year span, we have two possibilities that occur to me. 

1: Green Run takes place in the future, and no time "jumps" occur from GR to Die Rise.

Or...

2: Green Run takes place in the 60s-80s, and the warp from GR to Die Rise also sends them through time, to Die Rise, which takes place in 2025. 

There is, however, the issue of Nuketown. It takes place shortly before the events of Green Run, so its time would also set the time for Green Run. So, what is its time? We know it takes place at the same time as Moon, setting it most likely in the 60s. Since Marlton is in both Nuketown and GR we can say GR is right after Nuketown. But then how could maxis have searched for many decades, but the transition from moon to Green Run is likely much shorter? The (possible) answer: maxis began "searching" as soon as he was betrayed at Gryphon station in the 40s. 

There are still loads of anachronisms to account for, like guns, the bus driver, etc. I've probably just confused myself further here, but of well. The damage is done. :mrgreen:

I used to think Nuketown and GR took place in the 60's. Until M. Machine made some points and on wiki it says Nuketown Zombies is in 2011 after Richtofens Grand Scheme. Which actually fits in with the Apocalyptic 2012 thing.

The mobsters specifically talk about "what if" they had that weaponry, indicating that Lucifer plucked that weaponry out of its time, just like the zombies, Perks, etc. Alcatraz is an exception to the rule. You use Cold War weapons.... during the Cold War. Not that revolutionary. While dates may not be exact, general rule of thumb is that you use the weapons of the era in that era. But the controller of the zombies can pluck weapons out of time.

She says "This is the future! ...Kinda" when she picks a Ray Gun out of the box in Die Rise. Considering the context, and that Marlton also makes a comment about reliving his childhood dreams of being a superhero when he picks up a Ray Gun, I don't think that Misty talking about the futuristic concept of laser-style weaponry proves anything.

I didn't know it was the Ray Gun. However, Samuel still says it. So.

And your proof for this is...?

I'm of the opinion that Green Run and Nuketown both do not take place in the future, as in, not after 1980 at the latest. But Die Rise is definitely confirmed to have taken place in the future, as in post-1996.

Maxis is on the Moon. Literally. His soul was sucked into the MPD. And the MPD was hooked up to Griffin Station. In effect, Maxis is Griffin Station. Well, he is the Griffin Station Mainframe. The only possible way he could communicate back on Earth through CPUs, radios, and television is through something such as thing, no way the technology present back in the past. So in 1996, China had fridges that had radio, traffic, and weather settings?

But we know for a fact the world was blown up in the future. Therefore both Moon and Nuketown take place in the future. And by connection, Green Run. And there is no reason to suppose that there was time travel involved. Even if there was, Green Run being 2045+, Great Leap Forward would be 2045+x+, or, 2045+.

Or...

Green Run cannot possibly taken place then. The stuff in Die Rise proves the world was blown up much later. Since the world was blown up before Green Run, Green Run occurs in the future. This isn't rocket science. It's sequential order. A then B then C.

It doesn't take place shortly. Maxis says it takes place decades. Marlton was in both yes. But there was a difference of decades. You realize Maxis was searching for SURVIVORS? There was nothing to survive prior to the world being blown up, which, again, was in the future.

Oh yeah, because Consolidated Coach Corporations is the equivalent of Group 935? I think not.

@rise of takeo: I appreciate you believing me, however, you should not believe what the CoD Wiki says, and that should not be your motivation to believe me.

@M.Machine Trust me, I know. But when I saw the points you made, it mended the rifts of my understanding..... 8-) ........... :evil: :twisted: :!:

I saw a thread (I don't remember who posted it; I think it might have been Tac or Grill) that gave a bunch of evidence about NML being in the 60s. Something about the groom lake banner I think. In retrospect NML could have gone unchanged for decades being deserted, allowing it to appear as though it were In the 60s, despite it being in the future. In other words the banner has been there for quite a while. :mrgreen: The future idea makes sense now though.