MotD Behind the Scenes Trailer: Things You May Have Missed

So hello guys, its Nai here with some stuff you may have missed from the recent Mob of the Dead Behind the Scenes Trailer which aired during the Call of Duty Championships. To start it off, there is this little thing I picked up at 0:46. It sounds like the "Game Over" sound (the heavy footsteps and cells closing/opening) from Die Rise. Just a little clue. No real importance ATM.

Skipping ahead to 1:40, we see a few little things to point out:

In the centre of this image we see a roof with what looks to be a ramp heading off towards that sole piece of the Golden Gate Bridge. This seems to be where we will use the plane we will be assembling (as proved by the Escape Plan). We also see a large Water Tower to the right of the image. If we will be powering a Spire this map, this will probably be the one. Or the Lighthouse, featured on the far left of the island.

If we move on another 3 seconds (1:43) we get a scene change to THIS image:

This is what looks to be a dock. The first thing of interest in this image is the crane in the back. It seems to be carrying a load of cargo, with a dead body hanging off the bottom.

Next thing of interest is the overturned wooden boats. This indicates an attempt for escape by more than one party. There is also a load of random stuff on the dock. Maybe parts for a buildable?

Heading along to 2:13, we see the Escape Plan I mentioned before:

Not too much to dissect here that hasn't been covered before, except for something hidden on the side: "PANIC AS STOCKS CRASH". Now I think refers to the panic that usually surrounds an apocalypse. Nothing else here.

Next to 2:37.

Here we have the (assumedly) Electric Chairs scene. A few things here. Who is this mysterious man? A pre-apocalypse Warden maybe?

Now to the Suicide Chairs. Look at the spikes on those things. They definitely look dangerous... Also there are creepy candles and 4 dead men hanging upside down on the sign.

This is all I will cover tonight. I will update this thread tomorrow when I am less tired with the rest of the trailer dissected.

~Nai

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice thread, a little late, but I didn't see the "PANIC AS STOCKS CRASH" note, but I know what it means.

If this map is in 1932, like bagel's thread says, then this looks to be referring to the great stock market crash in 1929, I think it was.

Either that or it's in a really old page of the diary.

That last image makes me wonder if one of the so called 'endings' is where all four players suicide in the strange electric chairs for some reason, resulting the the creation of the Avogadro.

After all, for some reason they do seem to have the power to change into him with Afterlife.

Who is the Avogadro? Never heard of him. ;)

But in all seriousness, the game never refers to him as Avogadro and only as "Him" so that's what we should go off of.

On the XBOX site just before the release of Black Ops 2, it said: YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER ME - 'Kill the Avogadro without being damaged by him', later they changed it to 'Him'

That's why everyone calls him Avogadro

Is it just me or do you guys see a derby hat as well on the last hanged man? May be our Heroes (Mobsters) failed the quest earlier and are paying the price.

...But why hang them when there are such beautiful electric chairs right there?!

I dont see a derby hat here as much as the excess part of a sack left over from being tied.

EDIT: I think im looking at the thing behind your body.. is your guy upside down, and if so why is that hat resisting gravity? plus there are 5 things hanging from the ceiling.

That last image makes me wonder if one of the so called 'endings' is where all four players suicide in the strange electric chairs for some reason, resulting the creation of the Avogadro.

After all, for some reason they do seem to have the power to change into him with Afterlife.

I have to say it. There is no such thing as the Avogadro. It was never leaked on the actual Xbox Live site. People were told it was, but then how come when we looked it wasn't there? That's because it was leaked from a 3rd-party site.

Also, when we enter PURGATORY mode we become ethereal ghosts, who are able to have some influence on the outside world by channeling our energy into machines and moving zombies. We will never be able to be "Him". He was the aftereffect of nuclear experiments on creating an infinite power source, drawing it's power from the Atmosphere. Even though we may be similar, we will never be able to be like "Him"