The Man Behind It All

For the entire zombie story, we have been searching and attempting to find who was behind the zombies. We have come to realize that the Nazis created them as an army of super soldiers to defeat the Allies in WWII. But then it gets down to the real question. Who's behind it all? We never actually find out who is the person that created the first zombies. And even though we have Richtofen, who has obviously gone a little mad, and Maxis, who has his own secret intentions that some consider evil, I have come to believe that they are not the one's we should be worried about. I fear that there is a far greater evil ahead, and I'm not talking about Satan.

We've seen this man only in the shadows. No one knows who he is. All we know is that he has had some involvement in the creation and deployment/escape of the zombies. I won't try to convince you that I know who this man is, because I believe the devs don't want us to know...at least not yet. If it is a character we've met already, I'd have to lean towards it being Maxis, but we really don't know at this point.

But this mystery man has been ever present throughout our story. His origins start with this loading screen of Nacht Der Untoten. But his legacy doesn't end there. He appears many other times as well!

Now some believe this to be Richtofen or Reznov or some other character. But if it was Richtofen, as is seen in the iOS version of Zombies, then why not just show him in the console version. This is a mystery man, perhaps our same mystery man from before. We really can't be 100% sure. But there's more!

Now many have assumed that the man on the Ascension loading screen is Gersche, but I don't believe so. This man is eerily similar to our friend from Nacht Der Untoten's loading screen. He is in a position of control at the Ascension facility and seems to be designing plans for something with rockets, possibly the rockets from Moon. Also, look in the background of where he is working. That's not on Ascension. So if he is at Ascension working on something, then what is it? Also noticed in the right pane he is in a portal of some sort. Some say that this is Gersche coming out of the Gersche device or a reference to players freeing him from Aether using the Gersche. While these are possible, I see it just like the man walking out of the portal on Nacht's loading screen.

Then there are the Call of the Dead and Shangri-la loading screens. Many say that the page rip is there because the loading screens are made to look like a comic book and the pages were ripped on the Call of the Dead screen to show that it took place before Shangri-la, but after Ascension. It also gave us a hint toward the next map. And they would be right in that assumption. But I think there is more. If you notice, this mystery man's face is looking down over Call of the Dead and Shangri-la, like he is a god-like figure looking out over the players, perhaps make sure that they do what he wants them to do. He seems to always be in a position of power when he shows up. Could the whole story be a ploy for this man's evil schemes?

This reminds me of Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. In this series, there is a character called Father who is in control of basically everything. He has an evil plan to become immortal and rid the planet of lesser humans. This man lets others do his bidding for him while he watches over everything that happens. He's omnipotent in a way that he watches everything and knows these different characters inside and out. I bring this up because that's what it seems like this mystery man is doing. He's in charge of everything and is calmly sitting back letting the players do his bidding for him.

And it doesn't end there.

And as we all know, there is an outline on the right side of the loading screen cut into the paper of this mystery man. This man has to be in some higher division of power. This image shows that not only did he survive the nukes of Earth, he's still in a position of power. He's still watching the players. Maxis and Richtofen both seem to just be pawns in his scheme.

Now I want you to think with me for a second. We know Richtofen is evil. Many suspect that Maxis also has some evil intentions. So if these two men are just pawns to this mystery man, then who knows the gravity of evil that this man has within himself? It must be enormous!

And now look at this final image.

That's right. Mob of the Dead. Now the thing I want to point out in this picture are the red eyes on the zombies. Many have suspected that they are free and just doing whatever they want. I believe differently. We have to realize something. Zombies were around before Sam got into the device. Zombies were around before Richtofen took over. At that point, who was in control of them? Were they free as people have suggested? Or was there someone in control? I believe that someone had a control over these zombies from the get go and that is none other than our mystery man. He's behind the zombies. He created them. He is their Father. Sam's interference gave her control, but only partial. He was still there looking to make sure his plans were met. With Richtofen in control, the same thing occurred. He's still there watching over and making sure his end goals are met.

Now I say all of this to bring us to the obvious question one has to draw from all of this.

Who is this Mystery Man?

I wish I could tell you I had an answer, but I don't. But what I do know is that if he is as I've described above, then Richtofen is the least of our worries.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You keep asking who? when the greater question is what?... We should stop wondering less about who he is and start wondering more about his intentions... His goal... And worce... What is he? A ghost? A demon? It actually sort of resembles Samule... What with the glasses and what not... Could it be him before richtofen came to play? Has Samule been here the whole time?

idea my buddy thought up while at work...

the unknown man in the picture is us, the player, the community as a whole i guess...

changing the game/storyline with are theroies, pseudo plot connections as well as the character's personalities and their history. its all us or should i say this unknown character.

its kinda like that show supernatural, that one dude.. a prophet of god was his character, he's writing sam and deans story as sam and dean are living it.

were like gods prophets.. jimmy zelinski would then be god. :lol:

OMG!!!!! (woops sorry jimmy.. i didn't mean it.) :lol:

when he explained it me i laughed but thought about it for a bit, its really not that bad of an idea....

theres a couple reasons...

- what better way to get a person into the game then by literally putting them in the game.

- jimmy z's latest tweet answering this question, "will the old 4 be returnin?" which he replied with, "you blew up the earth not me" or something like that. :lol:

i know this is pretty crazy and i really dont know shit about the storyline...

so dont be hard on me with specific's, its just a idea.

To jinro, I don't think that's correct, but it's a good thought. Interesting, but I don't think I fully agree with it. Still a good thought though! :D

Now to Mocking. While I do not believe that it is Samuel, your idea made me think of what if it was him. Now I see how it this mystery man could be him and it kind of does fit into the silhouette. Now what really brought me to start wondering is a quote from Richtofen and the Die Rise cutscene.

The quote from Richtofen is in Kino and he says "A gift from Sam? But why?" What if the entire time he wasn't speaking of Samantha, but of Samuel. Since, in this scenario, Samuel would have created the zombies, he may consider that the gifts are from him. And when we look at the cut scene below, Samuel says "They'd kill me if they know what I did." Why would any character kill someone because they were part of a cult that ate zombies? But what if they found out that he created the zombies that started this whole craziness? That would be something that would get people angry.

So while I don't think it's Samuel, it could be very interesting. But if it was him, I don't know how evil his intentions are.

As you stated earlier, I don't think we can actually figure out who this man is right now. But a good question is "What are his intentions?"

Samantha and Samuel. Both can be called Sam for short and we only ever hear players or zombies say, "Sam" unless they're speaking directly to Samuel (correct me if I'm wrong please). So, I think there's something to that. Perhaps just a way for 3arc to muddy the waters and throw us off, but still...

The blank portrait also shows up in "Five" opposite Richtofen's portrait.

The way they are set up in the PaP room would indicate they are equals or at least of equal importance to the story line as the American faction understood it.

Personally I believe it will be Maxis revealed as the blank portrait, kind of the counterpoint to Richtofen if you will.

That being said I would love them to somehow bring Reznov into it. I love Gary Oldman...