Persistent perk while knifing through a window?

Blakwulf

Solo, round 4, handgun and bowie.

Just making points and walking around solo. Went up to the ledge from the roof and was fixing windows.

Knifed a bunch of zombies and was repairing the window on and off.

Knifed a guy and got a carpenter, knifed a few more, repairing the window, got hit in the back/side while repairing.

Persistant perk gained.

Wasn't barric-aid, the end of the video shows that. At the end of the video i got something else, i think it was ammo, but i don't think that's relevant.

Ideas? Died a round or so later, so i didn't get a chance to tinker about and find out anything, really. No time to try and repro, work at 7am is a whore.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd49Wbq8nx4

note: yes, my window aim was pathetic, i'm tired!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Perhaps more points when knifing? I've gotten that effect several times, but I usually obtained the metal barriers as a result. It might even increase the damage done to zombies behind the barriers. Kind of a long stretch, but nothing seems out of the ordinary besides that green flash in your video.

Solo, round 4, handgun and bowie.

Just making points and walking around solo. Went up to the ledge from the roof and was fixing windows.

Knifed a guy and got a carpenter, knifed a few more, repairing the window, got hit in the back/side while repairing.

Persistant perk gained.

Wasn't barric-aid, the end of the video shows that. At the end of the video i got something else, i think it was ammo, but i don't think that's relevant.

Ideas? Died a round or so later, so i didn't get a chance to tinker about and find out anything, really. No time to try and repro, work at 7am is a whore.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd49Wbq8nx4

note: yes, my window aim was pathetic, i'm tired!

Honestly I think it was steel barricades. It looked like you got it because at that moment you didn't do anything else except build the barrier. You didn't make contact with the zombie. Could be wrong but that's what it looked like to me.

Edit: Nvm I didn't realize he hit you I just skiped to the video haha

This is steal barricades PRO.

If you knife a zombie who is taking down a baricade, and you just picked up a carpenter, you will get this.

When you pick up another carpenter, it will make all the woodenplanks turn to steal.

It is unknow how to loose it.

Hope this helped.

this is just carpenter pro. you pick up carpenter kill a zombie behind the barricade perk flashes then later you get 200 points from carpenter right before you switch to free cam. you gt carpenter pro by killing a zombie behind a barrier before carpenter gives you points.

and yes we do know how to lose carpenter pro. you have to do this every time you get a carpenter to retain it. if you don't do it then you lose it, if you do do it then you retain it. if you fast forward to the next time you got a carpenter we can have solid evidence that its just carpenter pro.

Odd, i've never heard of that before. Never seen a post on it either. Anyone else confirm this? I'll try and repro it tonight, but the steps are preeeeetty specific.

I'll check the rest of the replay, but i died like a chump 1 or 2 levels later, so i dunno if i managed to pick up another carpenter.

Persistant perk gained.

1:07 you had 5 boards on that window

1:08 you got carpenter

Not that its relevant but are you sure it was carpenter?

I mean that last board did not show up on window if it was carpenter.

At 1:16 something interesting was going on.

Three things happened.

As you were knifing the zombie in the window.

1. You took a hit from that zombie.

2. You repaired that window.

Maybe someone should try this.

But it could very well be Carpenter Pro or Barric Aid whatever you wanna call it. Pretty useless.

• Administrators

But it could very well be Carpenter Pro or Barric Aid whatever you wanna call it. Pretty useless.

I'd have to call this on the barrier skill as well - that's the only thing situated with anything barriers, really. Though I wouldn't exactly consider it useless. It delays zombie intervening on your parade for a good extra second per board (approximately 5-6 seconds more in total). Plus, it looks cool. :lol:

I'd have to call this on the barrier skill as well - that's the only thing situated with anything barriers, really. Though I wouldn't exactly consider it useless. It delays zombie intervening on your parade for a good extra second per board (approximately 5-6 seconds more in total). Plus, it looks cool. :lol:

Ha Ha Yea I take it back. It could be pretty useful in some challenges where a player is "Window licking" and holding a batch inside that window to control the flow of zombies. But in a normal game I try and avoid building barriers mostly. ;)

Defo sounds like the Carpenter-Pro perk (or what ever you want to call it).

My Understanding of how to get it is:

Pickup A Carpenter

Kill a zombie at any window, doesn't have to be a knife, can be via bullets, before the Carpenter Finishes repairing all the windows (the best indication of this is by looking to see when you get the points)

Perk Is Yours

I've done it quite a few times on Die Rise now, when holding on the roof of the power building. As for how you lose it, I don't know. To me it's never seemed to roll over to another game, although I'd say at a guess that you lose it if you don't kill a zombie at a barrier whilst the next carpenter is repairing barricades. My general understanding of some of these perks is that to keep them, you need to keep doing the action you did to get them (i.e. Insta Kill, Deadshot, Steel Baricades, Cash Back)

--EDIT--

Just analysed the Video. Look at 20 seconds in, after you got the glow and watch the points closely:

3230, 3360, 3490, 3620, 3750, 3950

You Kill 4 Zombies (130 * 4 = 520) and then get 200 more points as the carpenter completes. No Doubt this is Carpenter-Pro

Ya, i'm gonna give it a shot again tonight when i have time. Just to get slightly off topic, wasn't "Cash Back" de-bunked? Is it actually a thing?

its actually a thing but really hard to get a second time it seems.

Yeah, I somehow got it the other day on Tranzit and lost it last night in my first game on Die Rise, because I forgot to go Prone. Since then, have gone prone at each perk machine I've used but nothing yet . . .

Too hard to tell from the video but what I'm about to tell you might be surprising. I was on Die Rise at a window with 1 zombie. I did not rebuild the barrier once or grab any carpenters. The instant I killed him with a headshot, there was a puff of green smoke. Which pro perk would this be?

That's a very good question. Without looking at the video We would only be able to speculate. Defiantly only 1 zombie there? Had you got any other headshot's up to that point? I know the general consensus is no, but could another way to get Deadshot be number of headshots? Any chance of a You Tube video?