problems starting zombie games

I cant be the only one that struggles to find a game of zombies.

Solo - 99 times out of 100 I cant create a solo lobby, even after dashboarding multiple times and all the other fixes posted online! so frustrating that I have to play custom just to get a game.

Multiplayer - I have waited more than 10 minutes for the game to match me up with a game and still not got into one. Even with 4 friends in my lobby a game cannot be found.....there are 4 of us why do you need to find a game??

I really really wanna play and enjoy Zombies but I just think the game is broken and needs fixing ASAP! It is so frustrating when all I want to do is play the game is have paid almost £100 for. I dont want this to be a moaning post but come on treyarch please please please sort it out so I can play!!!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This happened to me when I first bought the game. In rare occurrence that I would actually find an online game or join a friends lobby, it would be so laggy that the game was unplayable.

Eventually, the game just started working. Sorry I can't be more helpful, you can mess around with your router and make sure your NAT is open.

Multiplayer - I have waited more than 10 minutes for the game to match me up with a game and still not got into one. Even with 4 friends in my lobby a game cannot be found.....there are 4 of us why do you need to find a game??

I hate this. Some people have it, some people don't. I have a friend that can make his own lobby super easy. but me, if i have more friends in my party it takes way to long for me to find a match and they think im just sitting there because when you are finding a match you can't hear anybody.

Also it seems like if i set the search preference to any it seems that it takes longer to find a game.

exactly! its getting to the point that I dont even bother trying to play online anymore just always do custom. Which means stats are not recorded! This has been going on since the game was released and I know im not the only one experiencing it so why hasnt it been sorted!

arrrrgggghhhhh

Coming from an IT professional, I have some tips that can aid in connectivity/matchmaking.

First and foremost, you need to have a streaming minimum speed. The bare minimum here is 1.5 Mbps download speed, but that's really not realistic if you want unlaggy games. With first-person shooters, upload speeds are actually more important, but most ISP's bill profiles with high download speeds and significantly lower upload speeds. 1 Mbps is sufficient for your upload, but faster is always better.

If you have decent speeds (at least 5 Mbps Download/1 Mbps Upload) the next step to improving your online gaming experience is to open traffic ports or set up a DMZ host if your router supports that function. A great website to learn more about opening ports/port forwarding is http://www.portforward.com.

I prefer DMZ hosting and have that setup to my Xbox, so all incoming internet traffic intended for my home network passes through my router untouched and ends up at my Xbox first. If my Xbox is turned off, my network functions normally, but when it's on no traffic is held or slowed down by my router. I run 24 Mbps Down and 3 Mbps Up, rarely have lag and almost always host games either on MP or Zombies.

Another useful tip for online gaming is to connect your console with an Ethernet cable, not wireless/wifi. Wireless signals are ALWAYS subject to interference from other electronics, speakers, televisions, microwave ovens, other wifi networks (especially if you live in an apartment), mirrors (believe it or not) are really bad, etc..

Also, placement of your wireless router greatly affects signal strength. Most routers have standard antennas, so they broadcast their signal outwards in 360 degrees and down, like an umbrella. If you have such a router on the floor or lower than the device you're connecting to it, expect issues. If you have such a router placed against an exterior wall of your home, you'll lose half your signal strength.

Some routers (usually those with antennas you can see and move) have hi-gain antennas that can be aimed and if these are aimed properly, you can have them against an exterior wall without any signal loss, but these routers are not as common as they once were.

Overall, to improve online gaming performance:

1) Increase your upload speed.

2) Open/Forward ports in your router or DMZ host (preferred)

3) Use an Ethernet Cable (most can be 50-100 ft with no speed loss, other higher grades can extend much further)

4) If you must use Wifi, keep it away from other electronics and mirrors, keep it in a central location, and keep it up high.

Hope this information helps you guys.