Buildable Perk Machines

Hey guys, just a theory on what I hope will be included in the next DLC or future maps.

Okay, I am a firm believer in buying perks. They are quite useful and save your butt in many situations. I would like to see a buildable perk machine. Imagine if you had to choose between PhD Flopper and Jugg (or any other perk thats up to 3arc)? Now this would be only one perk machine but two possible outcomes.

Parts:

Base. Found by the table. Same for both machines.

Power Supply: Maybe a wire? Found in a room with a hole in the ceiling. Jump to pick up. Same for both machines.

Actual Machine. Now there is no location for this because I do not know which perks would be which. Probably in a dampish area. Now this is where it differs for each machine. You need to pick up the actual body of the machine and apply to the table. Once this step is done you cannot switch sides.

Empty Bottles: Found in a **** please report this topic, post ****-y area. Used to hold perks in.

Built onto work table and Perk-A-Cola machine appears next to it.

So this is my idea tell me what you think!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it is an interesting concept, I would really dislike this idea.

Suppose we had 6 perks in a map. This immediately brings it down to 3, unless the Free Perk bottle is implemented again.

And then there's Solo, where you would have to sacrifice one perk already for Quick Revive (those who use it).

It is an interesting concept, but I doubt 3arc would go this way.

I meant this as in only 1 perk buildable. This would mean it only brings the perks down to 5. One buildable machine per map. I was hoping it would be the new perk from that map plus the new perk from the previous map. Eg; If it was implemented on CoTD, The buildable would be between Deadshot Daiquiri and PhD Flopper (or Stamin-Up)

A better idea is to have a sort of part despencer in spawn, and make spawn hard to reach once you leave, then inorder to build a perk machine, you would need to return to spawn to grab another part needed for the machine like this:

Bace: Found near machine table

Perk machine: Found near table

Life force: Found in a despencer at spawn, will keep spawning one life force every time it is used.

So every perk CAN be built, but each additional perk means running the map to get back to spawn, and then back to the bench, so there is sacrafice, but it's still possible to get 4 perks of the team's choice...

I actually really like this idea Naitrax. We have buildable Pack-A-Punch, why not buildable Perks!

I can see it now, all perks are available to build. However there is only 4 bases. So you only have the option to have 4 perks. So you have to choose perfectly.

Or you can have it like Tranzit with the Turbines. Except say you have Juggernog, Deadshot, Tombstone and Mule Kick setup already, you can go grab the Double Tap 2 part and swap it around with the Tombstone part. If you'd brought Tombstone, it would become greyed, like the power went out on it. So you have the perk, but it's inactive.

My ideas stupid, but I can see Treyarch implementing buildable perks well. Makes it more, challenging, fun, to decide what your setup will be out of all perks.

Wow guys! Getting some AMAZING ideas coming along right here. Combining all these ideas into one would create the perfect Buildable perk machine plan:

Parts:

1. Life core: Dispensed at spawn, every time you leave the room another one falls from the roof/sky (depending on the scenery) Appearance: A rainbow flashing orb that gives off a nice, warm glow in your inventory.

2. Base: Each base is found close to the build area. Appearance: A solid metal plate, similar to the Trample Steam mesh.

3. Perk-a-Body (see what I did there? 8-) ) Found in various locations. Interchangeable per Rissole25's idea. Appearance: It would look exactly like the actual perk machine, just removing the glow and base.

4. 115: Gathered by killing 10 zombies around the perk machine build area. Blue wisps fly into the machine if done correctly. This acts as power to the machine.

The Super Perk-a-Cola:

Once every machine is built, a new core will be dispensed at spawn. Flashing gold and silver, this orb can be added to the hidden machine, located on a corner somewhere. Once attached, go to each perk machine and hold X/Square while approaching the machine from the side. Either a gold or silver own is obtained. The silver orbs are built on left table, while the golden orbs should be built onto the right side. Once complete, a new perk will be able to be purchased for 8000 points: Effect Immunity (or whatever, chosen for the immunity to the harmful effects of 115) This perk will take up one of your four slots BUT allow you to buy all the perks in one life!

Anyway hope you enjoyed my idea, all thanks to everyone who posted here. Who knows? Maybe I'll one day brainstorm a map as good as Stop Mocking Me0's!

What i'd like to see is combining perks with this idea. Lets take a map, say an altered Die Rise. You look for a machine, but it just so happens rubble has broken off the top! Now, you can leave it... OR you could sacrifice a perk body part to repair the old machine! This would give a mixed perk, with both in one slot. The drawback is that the effects of the perks are reduced. So Juggernog with a tombstone top would give "Dead man walking" or something similar, which gives the player a weaker Jugg and a tombstone for downs ONLY, no deaths :) See where i'm going?

Wow guys! Getting some AMAZING ideas coming along right here. Combining all these ideas into one would create the perfect Buildable perk machine plan:

Parts:

1. Life core: Dispensed at spawn, every time you leave the room another one falls from the roof/sky (depending on the scenery) Appearance: A rainbow flashing orb that gives off a nice, warm glow in your inventory.

2. Base: Each base is found close to the build area. Appearance: A solid metal plate, similar to the Trample Steam mesh.

3. Perk-a-Body (see what I did there? 8-) ) Found in various locations. Interchangeable per Rissole25's idea. Appearance: It would look exactly like the actual perk machine, just removing the glow and base.

4. 115: Gathered by killing 10 zombies around the perk machine build area. Blue wisps fly into the machine if done correctly. This acts as power to the machine.

The Super Perk-a-Cola:

Once every machine is built, a new core will be dispensed at spawn. Flashing gold and silver, this orb can be added to the hidden machine, located on a corner somewhere. Once attached, go to each perk machine and hold X/Square while approaching the machine from the side. Either a gold or silver own is obtained. The silver orbs are built on left table, while the golden orbs should be built onto the right side. Once complete, a new perk will be able to be purchased for 8000 points: Effect Immunity (or whatever, chosen for the immunity to the harmful effects of 115) This perk will take up one of your four slots BUT allow you to buy all the perks in one life!

Anyway hope you enjoyed my idea, all thanks to everyone who posted here. Who knows? Maybe I'll one day brainstorm a map as good as Stop Mocking Me0's!

Just thought of something awesome! If you have all the perks when the EE is complete you get a 10000 point bonus!

Parts:

The Super Perk-a-Cola:

Just thought of something awesome! If you have all the perks when the EE is complete you get a 10000 point bonus!

Awwwww thanks! Niatrax! Purhaps not 10000 points, as that would make everything too easy, but a nice round 5000-1000 points would be lovely...

While it is an interesting concept, I would really dislike this idea.

Suppose we had 6 perks in a map. This immediately brings it down to 3, unless the Free Perk bottle is implemented again.

And then there's Solo, where you would have to sacrifice one perk already for Quick Revive (those who use it).

It is an interesting concept, but I doubt 3arc would go this way.

Or you could have all perk machines on the map be buildable and it just takes a long as time to get perks...