DIE RISE Loading Screen and the Next Page.

Ryan Nowell

I've seen a lot of Fan Art Work. Fact or Fiction, I'm still impressed. I'd rather wait to see before I say anything for sure.

This is only a prediction.

Let's go with observations.

It's a little dark.

Light doesn't seem to want to reach here. (World is dying)

People see a Movie Reel. I see a Mine Cart Wheel (More than the surface dies on the Earth)

I see Dirt and rocks. Perhaps coal. (Different Source of Energy)

So I do believe we are playing under ground. I hope we don't have denizens again. I don't think my controller can take any more of the abuse. If we are under ground, we may be in a mine cart from the start? Maybe there's an underwater spring, mushrooms and a crap load of holes where zombies seep through. (I'm just invisioning it)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say it's a mine cart wheel, since the opening for the rail is too thin, and of course, the stones are not a real clue for anything since we can see rocks in each and every map because they may come from the buildings themselves.

I don't think mine carts are big enough for a traditional rail road track. lol

Look just like a pulley wheel to me. Someone mentioned the crevice in the wheel is too small for mine cart/rail car. That appears accurate. Seeing as how the rest of the image implies an underground setting (due to the rocks and the mechanical looking tube/cylinder), I'd say this is a pulley wheel that would normally have a cable around it in the crevice NOT a film wheel. Could be for hoisting rocks from a mine, could be a pulley from a crane.

My money is on a pulley of some sort.

here you guys go, after looking more it does seem to be a pulley. this should help

Nice. This really helps.

From that picture, I've narrowed it down to valve or pulley. But one thing no one has brought to the table, perhaps part of James Watt's Steam Engine from Jimmy's bio.

See the wheel?

Originally created inefficiently by Thomas Savery as a water vacuum, this engine played a large part in England's Industrial Revolution occurring in the late 1770's, used to drain mines so miners could potentially dig. It would pull up the water, heat it to steam, and then the cave would be emptied. (mostly.)

If you look at this next picture, you'll see a big roundish thing on the top right gives a better example resembling the thing in the picture:

(sorry for link. Picture is huge, couldn't work spoilers.)

More pics:

^The model used by Thomas Newcomen, who came up with the potential use in mines, which he tested on.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/Watt_steam_pumping_engine.JPG

^The basic components of his engine.

^One of the real life used engines in England.

If this were an actual hint, maybe we'll see a map in England going through mines?

I personally think that'd be too obvious, but I felt like I needed to keep you all informed. :D

Actual Site: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watt_steam_engine

That James Watt steam engine works perfectly to explain the cylindrical shape below the pulley in the comic strip.

Notice how there are columns (round) that house the pump apparatus and a flat (square) roof that connect the columns.

Now look at that shape below the pulley in the comic strip...

It's round and it has a square shape at the joint that goes off 90 degrees.

Now come on guys i think we all know what it is now. Don't act like you haven't seen the loading screen already i know no leaks are aloud on the site but can we not at least talk about it? we have all seen the video and i think we all know why its real. So lets get some theory's going guys do you think The Henge is anywhere near Der Riese?