Who's Winter?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Five there, as you all know, is a weapon known as the Winter's howl.

The name of this gun has "'s" in it. Meaning that the gun belongs to someone named Winter.

Who's Winter?

yeah, the only case we've seen this is "Porter" - right?

I'm thinking you are right pinning the apostrophe as possessive - but I'm pretty sure it's just saying it possesses howling (which is attributed to wind in the case of weather).

Either way - it's an awesome gun :mrgreen:

The name of this gun has "'s" in it. Meaning that the gun belongs to someone named Winter.

Who's Winter?

yeah, the only case we've seen this is "Porter" - right?

I'm thinking you are right pinning the apostrophe as possessive - but I'm pretty sure it's just saying it possesses howling (which is attributed to wind in the case of weather).

Either way - it's an awesome gun :mrgreen:

Although often very underrated.

When upgraded it changes to winter fury, another word that could be associated with winter, or a person i suppose.

Who's Winter?

although the "'s" does imply ownership or possesion, it doesn't mean it is a human or living being that posseses. such as summer's heat or baseball's stitches

winter's howl i assume refers to the howling of wind or something of that nature. Winter not being a person, but rather the season i so despise ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, any noun may be used possessively. Remember a noun is a person, place, thing, or idea. In the case of Winter it is a thing.

If I have an apple that has a bruise and that bruise is yellow, I could form a sentance as follows:

My apple's bruise is yellow.

The apple can show possession. This is grammatically correct.

Where's my grammar Nazi medal?

I don't wanna burst your bubble but... It's just word play. Its like the Winters howl so like the winter is howling. Not that the howl belongs to Winter. I mean It's just plain grammar. Like "summers wind" or stuff like that. Ya dig it?

Why is that the fourth post today with someone who has put "burst your bubble"...

That post was made almost two weeks ago.