The Ultimate Nuketown Zombies Loading Screen Analysis

MixMasterNut

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a great read, I'll have to go over a another time but I gave it a full read, like the others say it's very well done. For the longest time I thought that jet wing was a hallway within the UFO (it's unidentified doesn't mean it's alien) but once I read your idea and looked at it, it's definitely a jet wing. I'm certain this is the die rise voice as well as the post EE map icons that have radio chatter.

Forgot to included this when Origins was released.

In the starting room there is a map that shows the locations of the Power Generators along with pictures & details of what each part is.

Also on this wall is a picture of the machine that features on the Nuketown Loading Screen! This machine is actually a "115 Extraction Drill".

loadscreen_zm_nuketown_zps8f640415.png

115 Extraction Drill

2013_8_28_19_31_5_zpsa119ac1e.png

Text on picture

Body

Coupling

Clutch

Stabilizer

Drill Head

Drill Section

115 Extraction Drill

As for Nuketown, to me, it looks like whoever detonated the original Nuclear Bomb (the one at the end of the BO1 multiplayer game), was trying to access Element 115 that is under the Nevada desert.

Looking at the map, and noticing after a MP match ending the nuke comes from the opposite side of the giant crater, I am almost certain the smaller crater was the one made after the multiplayer match is over. It's just weird because I don't think a group of CIA agents could really go investigate a site where a nuclear bomb just went off. The Hazmat guys I can understand, but I doubt a suite and sun glasses are going to shield you from radiation poisoning.

Could it be the Hazmats arrive first? It would make sense because there are Hazmat zombies, yet no CIA zombies. Or it could be some time after detonation, as when you look at the NTZ map select screen, it shows no signs of a blast coming from the west, the dirt and debris should have a drag affect showing the direction the multiplayer nuke, or it could have just been an overlooked detail.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

@MixMasterNut I always find myself coming back to this thread. Just a reminder, I think you still need to add a section in the OP for the 115 extraction drill drawings from ORIGINS that @PINNAZ posted about.

So they were extracting 115 at Nuketown, presumably? I agree with @PINNAZ that this must take place after the nuke, considering the CDC suit. So that means that while we are playing in Nuketown, the giant crater is the crater intended for 115 extraction. Makes a lot of sense, seeing as zombies crawl out of it (not to say they don't spawn from plenty of other places as well).

Also just wanted to chip in that the "wings of the jet plane" section totally reminds me of the drill blade section of the moon loading screen.  I guess it's mostly the angle of the shot that makes me compare them, mostly.

excavatordown.jpg     NuketownpanelDJetFighterPlanelevels.jpg

Funny though, that both images are in the bottom right of their respective loading screens.

Is there any way that the "Meanwhile" could be a reference to Nuketown, rather then Shangri-La?  I think it would make more sense because we hear Richtofen going through his plans during Nuketown - which obviously means they are happening at the same time.

@MixMasterNut I always find myself coming back to this thread. Just a reminder, I think you still need to add a section in the OP for the 115 extraction drill drawings from ORIGINS that @PINNAZ posted about.

So they were extracting 115 at Nuketown, presumably? I agree with @PINNAZ that this must take place after the nuke, considering the CDC suit. So that means that while we are playing in Nuketown, the giant crater is the crater intended for 115 extraction. Makes a lot of sense, seeing as zombies crawl out of it (not to say they don't spawn from plenty of other places as well).

Also just wanted to chip in that the "wings of the jet plane" section totally reminds me of the drill blade section of the moon loading screen.  I guess it's mostly the angle of the shot that makes me compare them, mostly.

excavatordown.jpg     NuketownpanelDJetFighterPlanelevels.jpg

Funny though, that both images are in the bottom right of their respective loading screens.

Is there any way that the "Meanwhile" could be a reference to Nuketown, rather then Shangri-La?  I think it would make more sense because we hear Richtofen going through his plans during Nuketown - which obviously means they are happening at the same time.

Because of "Meanwhile..." being in the top panel of the comic, I think it is referencing Shangri-la over Nuketown, especially considering Nuketown probably wasn't even in their thoughts at the time.  Remember that they even admitted to making NTZ based off a fan custom map made during Black Ops that they really enjoyed.  

Also, people are in the CDC suit after the first nuke in Nuketown (from MP map), as we see the hazmats on the characters we play (some of them).  So I don't think we can say the screen is necessarily after the Moon nuke just because of the hazmat, since there are CDC members in hazmats during our play on NTZ.