Any Turret or Electric Trap Strategy ?

Tromz

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Occasionally my friend and i will use it downstairs in the PaP room, setting up the turret to aim at the Pap machine for some extra cover. Sometimes we'll put it on the top of the bus facing the rear to clear off the swarm. The turret makes me paranoid though, since even with all the perks in the world it'll still drop you on your ass in 1 shot.

Haven't found any good use for the electric trap yet, really.

I haven't seen much use for them. Beyond the power barrier glitch spot, but I don't condone playing like that unless offline for fun.

The turret kills you and your teammates easily.

The e-trap has some potential, but no real need in a game of not camping.

I just posted about camping the fog ledge above town. If (IF) zombies spawn at Town, but don't climb up, drop an electric trap in front of you, aim the turret backwards towards town and drop a turbine. Add a few claymores an gt some marshmallows...

Hmmm. Maybe do the maxis ee, drop a turbine at jugger, place the electric trap next to it. You have jugger intermittantly working and some protection if you need to buy it again.

I have always thought of camp spots, here is a probably bad thought: go to start room (750 open or not is up to you, I would try closed first).

In start room with 750 door closed: put a turbine where the bus part often resides. Place a turret next to it aiming into start room.

So yous are in the part room, start room side open, outer door and 750 door closed. Put the electric trap right on the inside (part room) of the door by turbine workbench (out of start room, out of zombie reach). Mess with placement so only one door is open, turret, etrap function (assuming etrap won't hurt, not really sure).

So you have the turret firing at the left side windows and the ceiling zombie hole (there is one) avenue, the trap is there in case you bail out. It should help buy time to drop a turbine for outer door. Then everyone just fires into the two oncoming lanes.

If max ammo pops, throw a monkey, someone grab the turret, someone grab max ammo, set turret back when safe.

Other toys (drops, power ups, whatever you call them) can be scarier to get, just have someone grab the turret before grabbing the drop.

Just academic until tried...

Backing yourself into any of the sheds with the metal doors, put the electric traps out front, turret behind it and players stand behind the turret.

Back yourself into the bank vault with PaP closed. Put your turrets out by the bank keys (closer to the withdrawl side). I put a shield up by the PaP door and stand behind it.

I also thought of putting turrets in the diner in various ways.

1: turrets on the roof, players in the diner, e-traps at the doorways, shields to block the paths up the counter to give you extra reload time.

2: same but put one turret in front of the Mp5. (not sure if there is enough room for the corner wall to block the turret from shooting up the counter at you if some how a zombie gets behind you.

There's lots of uses, people just don't use them because it takes so long to setup and you really have to put some thought into placement. I can think of at least 5 more ways to use them to hold down a spot.

One per player.

The problem is, that turbines don't work forever and continuously. As soon as it turns off (in solo, in coop you can place a secondary), your traps are gone. Very sad.

Another problem is, that they do friendly fire. It would be great to place a turret on top of the diner, while running a train outside the diner. But the turret will kill you.

What works well is placing el. traps in front of zombie spawning windows. That way, they are not able to attack it. Turrets somewhere in a camping spot, e.g. in coop in the corner of PAP area.

But overall, it's crap. At some point, your turbines fuck up, zombies destroy your setup, and until you are re-set, it takes hours. Better just running a normal train imho.

This is stupid, but funny to me:

I sometime put a turbine on the bus with a turret facing out of the back door, gangster drive-by style.

Not effective, but mostly harmless to me and watching the bus gun down zombies is funny.

Now, imagine that you can take buildables between maps with navcard shenanigans...

The best theory I have come up with is having one person get the turret and place it on the bus at the back facing backwards. One person grabs a turret and places in the back facing frontwards and the other two have turbines. Everyone sits inside of the bus and the two with turbines will alternate the turbines when they blow up. The turbines can still power the turrets even though the bus roof divides them.

The turrets are less affected by the hazards one would face on top of the bus. (i.e. the bridge, the tunnel, the fallen towers) The turbines are destroyed immediately if they get hit by these hazards so it is best to keep it inside. The turrets and the electric trap CAN be destroyed by these hazards, but they can take much more damage from the map than the turbine.

Another good one is replacing the turret facing forward with an electric trap to protect the turret facing backwards. This is not as effective but if one person ends up with an electric trap, that is how I would do it.

In the PaP room I tend to put two turrets in the corner where the two hallways meet. One facing the PaP machine and one facing the entrance of the PaP room. Again, two people should alternate their turrets, as two turbines takes up a lot of energy and the turrets won't last long.

In the low rounds, you can probably get a couple/few rounds in before the turbines time out. In the higher rounds you will be lucky to make it a whole round with your turbines and turrets. It is best to not rely on these devices and use them more as extra fire power. That is the reason I use them on the bus. The turrets kill off a bunch of zombies behind the bus and you are still relying on yourself to stay alive. Hook up the bus with the ladder, plow, turrets, and turbine. Ride that tank around until you can't anymore and hop off. When you can, start your rounds on the bus and abandon ship if necessary.

-My best buildable strategy. Hope it helped.

The best theory I have: After PaPing with team of 4. stay downstairs and have 2 ppl watch windows and 2 ppl watch hallways. Preferably with explosives. Upstairs in the doorway to the bank vault try placing turret facing towards hallway and have players take turns planting turbines. Try planting a sheild in front to stop the zombies. only when the zombies become numerous willthe sheild break and you lose the turret.

ok the best place to put the turret is at bus depot you must put it by the left off the teleporter light there a grass patch to the left of the cars by the brown cabin or whatever you wanna call it the zombie will not destroy your turret they will walk away from it and come to you now i run the bus depot with my turret i stand with my back towards the fog comming from town and i have turrets last forever now your turbine will break threw half a around in the late 20,s but your at the depot its breaks you grab a new one this is my trick and it works

ok the best place to put the turret is at bus depot you must put it by the left off the teleporter light there a grass patch to the left of the cars by the brown cabin or whatever you wanna call it the zombie will not destroy your turret they will walk away from it and come to you now i run the bus depot with my turret i stand with my back towards the fog comming from town and i have turrets last forever now your turbine will break threw half a around in the late 20,s but your at the depot its breaks you grab a new one this is my trick and it works

I think that I understand...

You aren't getting hit by it?

I find that turrets kill me too often and also shoot my last zombie. Not an issue with several players as one could zombiesit, but solo it tends to be not worth it.

I still want to try the fog ledge above town...