Worth picking up Black Op 1 for zombies now?

Just got into the zombies in black ops 2, and wishing I had done so earlier. I decided this week to grab black ops 1 (used so I could return) and saw its only about 5,000 at its best, with the majority in Kino. I am debating if I should keep, as well as get a map pack (Like Rez) or just stick to black op 2 zombies for the time being.

One thing I did notice, and seems to be the norm for all COD, is that there is a lot of tweens playing. I am not entirely opposed to speaking to younger games, but typically the youth brings a tirade of racial slurs and derogatory comments that I'd rather not hear.

Also on a side note, any communities of 25+ gamers out there for this game? Or more of just a mixed groups.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the teammate finder section of this site. Believe me when I say you can find teammates for any map on any game. Just add specifications like "must have mic and so and so map pack" and you'll surely get some good teammates in no time. We are a site of professionals! Have no fear; you won't stumble across any of these alleged Immature Tweens. We have a wide age range here, but as I said we are all well-mannered And civil. Just make a thread here:

viewforum.php?f=94

I'm 32 myself and have a list of friends all older than 20 or so. I would say purchase of BO1 and all the map packs is a definite must have if you enjoy zombies. We put hours upon hours into that game and nostalgia-wise those maps are all classic. I suggest doing what we do and have a old school zombie night with guys you play with a lot. Throw in blops1 and play old school zombies for a few hours. The skills you pick up in blops2 actually improve your skills when you go back and play blops1 IMO.

I think it's definitely worth to get the game with all DLCs :P

I am absolutely blown away how awesome Black Ops 1 is. The maps offer such a great variety of ambients, of size, of boss zombies, of everything; the characters are in general great, and the Easter Eggs are very cool to do.

On BO2 for PC, there are only 3k online at it's best (don't understand it though, best graphics, most individual settings can be made, easiest to capture videos and everything....).

Nuketown is still only available for premium package buyers on PC. Nearly impossible to find 3ppl to play with you there. Last time I had a look 90 players were on NT *ouch*.

In BO1 it could be the same problem for you besides Kino and FIVE. But normally you can find at least one dude to play with you.

If you catch kids or not is not depending on the total amount of players, that is just the distribution of players... Feels like 80% are

I have played BO2 briefly and believe BO1 is still the superior game. I love Five and Der Rise and still find quality guys to play with from time to time. Kino by far has the most available players, followed by Five and Ascension.

I bought another BO1 before Christmas and paid only 15 bucks. It is definitely worth the money, solo or co-op. I have a credit to ascension if you like, given you play on PSN.

Thanks for the all the information. I have decided to keep Black Ops 1, and will decided which map packs I want to grab. Too bad there isn't any GOTY zombie edition, having to pay for 4-5 map packs turns it into an expensive game.

My gamer tag is BloodzAT for xbox and PSN. I am only playing back ops on the xbox currently.

Here is another side question. Have COD makers confirmed if the leader boards in Black Ops 2 are working right? The fact that one person leaving can not make the game track on the boards is a huge pain in the butt.