Who said Die Rise is far from Green Run?

AlphaOmega

Remember guys.

During the trailer, the devs said that it takes place in the far east. That is true. BUT who is to say that the nukes had not done something to shorten the distance? When the screen loads the in Green run it says northern Hemisphere. That can be ANYWHERE in the northren hemisphere. Now i know ive read some theories on TranZit being specifically in someplace but lets take that out for a sec and look at it as just the northern hemisphere. China (I believe) is in the Northern Hemisphere. Perhaps the nukes had shorten the distance?

Imagine.

3 nukes launched onto earth? The blast radius could definately do much more that damage. Perhaps the blast MOVED the actual continents reverting it back to the way it was before (the platetechtonics thingy). Perhaps China got closer to Green Run? We may not know but it would explain how the crew gets there. The navcards would then definately have a use (Although i would just like a totally seperate map. I am tired of TranZit scenery) .

Just think it over. 3 Nukes moving continents. Maybeh...I unno....Opinions?

EDIT: i looked around and all i see it that it is ROCKETS that are launched at earth. NOT NUKES. Besides. if we want to be realistic, since when does 3 nukes destroy the entire earth? I think these rockets launched from moon are not nukes but rather extremely powerful missiles. I am not a rocket scientist but if rockets are not nuclear that would explain why some people are alive AKA the other survivors on the radio. Radiation from a nuke does not spread over a globe and the explosion does not cover earth. It barely covers a city. I still think this is a possible theory.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If America is now next to china after these nukes, surely our 4 characters would be exposed to extreme radiation and would be unable to survive?

Not quite. First y'know the big lava pit beside power on TranZit? That's believed to be a Nuke strike location. So their so close to one that radiation mustn't be a problem. I know the CDC wear Hazmat suits but i don't think that's relative. We'll just stick to the whole "Super soldiers" idea..

If America is now next to china after these nukes, surely our 4 characters would be exposed to extreme radiation and would be unable to survive?

Not quite. First y'know the big lava pit beside power on TranZit? That's believed to be a Nuke strike location. So their so close to one that radiation mustn't be a problem. I know the CDC wear Hazmat suits but i don't think that's relative. We'll just stick to the whole "Super soldiers" idea..

Surely a nuke would a lot more damage than leave a lava pit and destroy one corner of a building??

Surely a nuke would a lot more damage than leave a lava pit and destroy one corner of a building??

^ This, the Nuketown Zombies explosion and crater are gigantic but I think the crater is to big.

Hell, even Rods from God would do more damage that this and they're not even nuclear or explosive.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment

Like ive said. It is a theory.

In all honesty it was a try. Probably not a great theory but who knows?

Now i know ill be messing with some serious storyline here but can someone prove it was nuclear rockets? last i checked they were just rockets. POSSIBLY filled with element 115. I (PERSONALLLY) dont remember reading or hearing it was nukes. I think that was just an assumption. Now these rockets COULD have been something stronger.

Think about it: Do you really think 3 nukes are going to destory earth? honestly? lets be real. 2 of them took out 2 cities in WWII. a third? im pretty sure it would take out L.A. but the EARTH? nah. So the rockets must have been something stronger.

Also, since when does a nuke leave behind ruins? Its like a heatblast at like some really high degree. I doubt anything within a 10 mile radius would even exist.

THanks for the feedback and criticism.

Green Run is in USA.

Die Rise is in China.

Nukes cannot shorten this distance, only plate tetonics (and possibly meteor strikes) can do this.

Also if 3 Nukes can move continents wouldn't the thousands set off IRL have completely screwed the Earth up. (more so than now)

possibly meteor strikes? I think you just helped my theory!

remember the trailer? if one watches carefully, you can see that meteors fall from the sky!

Green Run is in USA.

Die Rise is in China.

Nukes cannot shorten this distance, only plate tetonics (and possibly meteor strikes) can do this.

Also if 3 Nukes can move continents wouldn't the thousands set off IRL have completely screwed the Earth up. (more so than now)

remember the trailer? if one watches carefully, you can see that meteors fall from the sky!

Meteor strikes that can cause crust displacement would have to be apocalyptic, the one that wiped out the dinosaurs wouldnt have done this, so if it happened most or all life would be killed.

The rockets were filled with E115 but they could've been nuclear to spread it. The most powerful nuke tested was about 50 megatons, the ones launched from Moon would have to be like 1000 megatons to cause the damage they did.

Green Run is in USA.

Die Rise is in China.

Meteor strikes that can cause crust displacement would have to be apocalyptic, the one that wiped out the dinosaurs wouldnt have done this, so if it happened most or all life would be killed.

The rockets were filled with E115 but they could've been nuclear to spread it. The most powerful nuke tested was about 50 megatons, the ones launched from Moon would have to be like 1000 megatons to cause the damage they did.

Ok, I'm an ex Geology student so I'll try and set things straight. Neither meteors or nukes could cause tectonic plates to shift. The plates aren't just floating on water, think of it like a jigsaw. Only over millions of years the plates get worn down due to pressure from magma being pushed to the surface from 'holes', and to create room for this the plates are pushed to the side into other plates which then due to huge pressure (among other things) melt into magma which effectively shortens the distance betweeen two land masses or in the case of the North American and Eurasian (Europe) plate, pushes them apart.

In the case of India, which used to be near Australia it has taken millions of years for continental drift to take place. I'll leave an image which should hopefully help and I hope I've simplified this so it's easier to understand.

In the image if you look at the arrows of forces, on the right, the land is pushed away from each other and the hole that would be left is filled with lava, creating more rock, thus making the plate bigger. On the other side, the opposite is happening.

Oh one more thing, if the continents were to drift back to their starting positions as Pangea then there'd be no Himalayan mountains so it would mess things up for Shangri-La. Of course the continents aren't the same shape due to erosion and changes in sea levels so they wouldn't even fit, but I'll leave you with that for now.

Ok, I'm an ex Geology student so I'll try and set things straight. Neither meteors or nukes could cause tectonic plates to shift. The plates aren't just floating on water, think of it like a jigsaw. Only over millions of years the plates get worn down due to pressure from magma being pushed to the surface from 'holes', and to create room for this the plates are pushed to the side into other plates which then due to huge pressure (among other things) melt into magma which effectively shortens the distance betweeen two land masses or in the case of the North American and Eurasian (Europe) plate, pushes them apart.

In the case of India, which used to be near Australia it has taken millions of years for continental drift to take place. I'll leave an image which should hopefully help and I hope I've simplified this so it's easier to understand.

In the image if you look at the arrows of forces, on the right, the land is pushed away from each other and the hole that would be left is filled with lava, creating more rock, thus making the plate bigger. On the other side, the opposite is happening.

Oh one more thing, if the continents were to drift back to their starting positions as Pangea then there'd be no Himalayan mountains so it would mess things up for Shangri-La. Of course the continents aren't the same shape due to erosion and changes in sea levels so they wouldn't even fit, but I'll leave you with that for now.

Hmmmm..... With the crust floating on the lithosphere (if I remember my Restless Earth) I would've thought a big enough impact from the right angle would cause all of it to move - if a planetary collision can strip everything but the core off Mercury, create the Moon and level half of Mars, moving all of the crust on a liquid, now matter how viscous, would be easy by comparison.

Hmmmm..... With the crust floating on the lithosphere (if I remember my Restless Earth) I would've thought a big enough impact from the right angle would cause all of it to move - if a planetary collision can strip everything but the core off Mercury, create the Moon and level half of Mars, moving all of the crust on a liquid, now matter how viscous, would be easy by comparison.

It's actually rheid, a solid that flows like a liquid (similar to blue-tack or dough). Even so, the jigsaw fit of the plates wouldn't allow movement, sorry to burst your bubbles guys.

• 5 months later...

The techtonic plates have not been moved. Someone or something teleported our crew to Die Rise. As for them walking to Buried. It is completely possible to walk from Shanghai to Africa. Apologies for coming off as rude but your theory is broken. Like what owner said. If nukes were powerful enough to move an entire continent then our world certainly would be screwed up.