Ranking System For Zombies Is Bullcrap!

In my eyes surviving to round 30 is just as good as round 50... :|

It's just the same stuff repeated over and over, that's why I love easter eggs! :D It adds a truely challenging task to your game! Anyone can run circles for hours on end... Only those who can compleate the Easter egg, and I mean compleate it, not just let the rest of the party do the work... :evil: free loaders! As well as survive to round 30...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never said you were bad. I've never played with you.

All i'm saying is that it is not true that a better measure of skill is rounds rather than K/D.

My K/D is almost 300 right now and still climbing every time I play. That means on the average I'm at round 20 before my first death.

It is actually higher than that by a ton, but when I first got BO2 i was exploring, testing and so on.

I would say 50% of my downs are from stupid double hits on round 1-5 before I get jug. Knowing that, It would mean I have a K/D at almost 600 after Jug.

I just don't want the "well you got shotguns and a 400 K/D but you never got to lvl 50 noob" things to start. I honestly have not had time to get to the 50s on tranzit, just haven't had 10 hours of my life to put into one game.

If you look at my highest tranzit its 41 with 3000 kills and NO downs because i just left the game.

Doesn't mean im bad because I have a life. And doesn't make you good if you have no life and can ride someone's coat tail to 50.

Show me a bad player that has a K/D as high as me and you win 100%. No arguments and Ill say I am sorry.

I CAN show you a bad player with a round 67 on Kino because I carried him to it. He had over 100 downs. That was my little brother.

Dude.. This is the cockiest shit iv'e ever seen on this forum. Please tell me the secret of how you're so good while maintaining a social life.

Anyways.. I'm going to go ahead and say K/D doesn't show your true skill. True skill is getting out of tight situations, being able to run trains in awful spots, the mental focus needed to get to 100+, and much more.. There's no way they could make a formula for those, so they took the easy way out and made it Kill/Death.

You are quite a cocky person saying that your so amazing and do all this great stuff and "carry people to around round 60" no one really wants to hear it tbh all i care about is stuff about how the ranking system works not how u play the game :?

Just one thing to say to Darksungaming.. LOL! And to the rest of you I have a solution. Head to head solo match... Whom ever makes it farther is the winner. Everyone agree that would be the best test of skill? I GUARENTEE the winner has a higher K/D. And also, I've never played with another guy who has shotguns who was bad. But I've played with plenty of skulls who suck. I gotta go with Darksungaming on this one, it's the best that can be done.

You could kill someones train until a high round.

Try that at round 35,

Why does it not encourage tombstone? If you go down, you go down. Actually it ENCOURAGES the use more because you don't get revived mid round with no perks and die again due to no jug.

I don't use tombstone because i honestly never go down. By the time i get my first down (if at all until the last one of the game) I have thousands of points saved and can get all perks I need quickly.

After I get Stam-up, Jug, Knuckles im good to go. Tombstone is a crutch for bad-medium players. Really good players do not use it much. Im not talking about the round 40 heroes, Im talking about the people like me that just don't die, can run trains anywhere, ect.

If the ranking system was round based, then i could boost ANYONE ONE EARTH to a high rank. Ive went into public matches with randoms with bones or just the skull and asked what their high round is and they say 18 or something really low. My reply is no worried, how much time do you have, and i proceed to get them to the low 30s and quit due to time with them having downs in the 20-50 range.

If your good you don't go down, that translates to high rounds.

And the point of zombies is not to make high rounds, it is to STAY ALIVE. Staying alive will get you to high rounds.

Im sorry if I offend you because you cant get shotguns or LOL Dagger. All you need for dagger is like a 70 to 1 K/D. If you can't get that then you are one of the bads that I carry. Sorry but its the truth.

I'm not going to say that making it to high rounds is ncessarily a true test of skill, or agree that K/D is a poor test of skill. I will say that the old system for determining whether someone was worth playing with was much more accurate than the new. I honestly didnt look at the rounds in which someone made it to on BO1 as that was a poor factor as most people could just ride on someones a** the whole way. Rather I would look at their kills is relation to the round they survived as that would let me know how much they would contribute to a game. I dont give a dag if the guy has 50 downs as long as he carries his weight in kills.

And I'm sorry but in the same regards someone having a high K/D because they completley neglect to attempt to revive someone because they dont wish to potentially go down and lower their precious k/D is just as bad as someone riding my a** in a game. If u wanna play solo go do it, but dont join a team game in which the premise is to work together then forsake anyone who goes down. At least 90% of my downs is in attempt to save someone from dying as I know how much it blows to have to sit through a whole round and just watch. If htat means I may go down so be it but I'm not going to be a d*** and just leave them their so i can keep my k/d up.

Before you wish to question my skill I have a 230 k/d overall, no shotguns, and a butt-ton of revives. Also in consideration to the original poster and dark sun, the ranking systemisnt complete BS, but it is ultimatley flawed in regards to how u level up. u call it the LOL dagger because u only need a 70 k/d, WELL THATS WHERE IT'S FLAWED as u dont automatically achive the dagger for achieving such a feat AND THATS WHAT MAKES THE RANKING SYSTEM FLAWED.

It's not the ranking system but rather the criteria for it. Some of people do achieve the knife at 70 k/d, but others dont, I didnt achieve the knife till i Had a 140 k/d, before I had even reached that k/d my round from initially playing the game were 30+, my highest solo was 49 on tranzit, any my accuracy, headshots, and overall kills were higher than most people with shotguns(as apparently on ps3 mos people achive shotguns at 170 with a minimum overall kill count of 15,000). That's why teh system is flawed as it gives people ranks at seemingly random points.

In the end though I mainly play with friends so id doesn't bother me too much as I dont need to fret when looking for good players. Still I wish the criteria for ranking made more sense than it does currently. And yes you do sound immensly ignorant and boastful stating you never go down or otherwise you should have the shotguns, tanks flying with dragons, raping zombies in the background of your skull.

I don't use tombstone because i honestly never go down. By the time i get my first down (if at all until the last one of the game) I have thousands of points saved and can get all perks I need quickly.

After I get Stam-up, Jug, Knuckles im good to go. Tombstone is a crutch for bad-medium players. Really good players do not use it much. Im not talking about the round 40 heroes, Im talking about the people like me that just don't die, can run trains anywhere, ect.

I think I'll try to avoid this ego fest as much as possible but wanted to reply to this statement.

The necessity of tombstone depends solely on the strategy being used. And in some cases it is completely necessary.

On town survival it is not needed. In this case I agree it's more of a crutch for players who go down more often than they can keep up with the amount of points needed for buying perks.

But if your strategy is run trains in co-op in completely different parts of Green Run, then yes it is a necessary perk. You are not getting revived, so you lose not only your perks, but your knucks and your guns. Considering how long it takes to get set-up, it's far more valuable than any other perk that you would have in it's place.

Don't write things as fact, when you obviously haven't thought about all the scenarios in which the perk might be useful.

It doesn't matter if you have a 500 k/d, in this situation you want tombstone otherwise that one down becomes increasingly challenging to come back from as the rounds increase.

Tombstone is a situational perk, whose use is dictated by the strategy being utilized.

The ranking systems have not yet been figured out. Being good at anything takes practice and the ranking system does not help with practice at all if anything it penalizes you for it.

When you explain how good you are online be damn sure to point out how you suck as well because your only painting half a picture(we have alll had bad games). I myself am very good on my own and make it to 30s frequently on solo tranzit/survival (throw me on survival with 4 people and it takes off of my skill because Im not used to 4 players fighting for the most kills so i have to change how i play).

There is more than the emblems ranking you the leaderboard will give you a better idea of how someone will match up to you, so the ranking is a cool idea but treyarch needs to work on it. Also there are more people who back out of games which i am pretty sure takes progress off of your rank every time you quit as well as not allowing it to show highest round for that match.

As for black ops 1 we are on 2 a whole new game and kino der toten was an easy map meant for high rounds so its kinda silly to see someone bragging about how high they made it on there (even with a crappy partner)