So where did the Firesale go?

NikolaisVodka

Sorry if this has been posted about before, but why no firesale in TranZit? They have it in Nuketown Zombies and most (if not all?) the maps in Black Ops 1. I think it would certainly benefit players in Green Run as it's spread out and certain people like to set up shop in different spots on the map. Is there any reason this power up was not included in TranZit?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably for that exact reason that would make it helpful. The boxes are really spread out, and it could lead to getting a weapon "easier." From my experiences, TranZit heavily promotes teamwork, and if you have four people at four different box locations...well, it could get messy.

Having a Fire Sale in there would decrease the amount of teamwork used in TranZit, as people all over Green Run could just do as they please and wait until their friends get a Fire Sale to help them out.

I don't know, maybe I'm rambling, but that's how I see it. :P

No, No. I think your spot on. There are big gaps between each Mystery Box location on maybe 30 seconds until the Power-Up effect last. They probably felt it was best to take it out and reduce the chances of people dieing in the fog Mad Dashing for the Boxes. I con understand not having it in Tranzit Mode but why not in the other Modes. Survival and Grief.

I don't really bother with the Box as much now since I usually Rape Train at the Diner, easy access to a MP5 so really no need for Max Ammo Power-Up too. Pretty sure they're going to do something about that in the next map. They always seem to do that.

It seems all the tranzit characters have some quotes referring to fire sales.

I've been thinking for sometime now that there maybe someway to unlock permanent fire sales, once unlocked all your games after would contain fire sales, even if others in your party have not unlocked it yet.

I think that possibly the orbs in the box could be related to this. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the orbs in the box, it has nothing to do with the guns cause u can get the orb on the teddy. I've been thinking more along the lines of getting the orb and the beam out of every single box in one game. I have attempted this a few times but I'm always short one or two boxes. I also think your character needs to see the orbs, if someone else got one you can't see I don't think this would count.

I don't know if there is any truth to this at all, its just a theory, but I think its strange how the characters refer to fire sales when there r none yet.

Has anyone noticed if u get your money back when u get the orb in the box?

That's what I was thinking, the orbs may have something to do with the box than we know. And firesale quotes.. I did not know about those. I think there is more to this. Like I said before, it is the only map I can remember of recent that doesn't have it.. even Nuketown Zombies has it. And whether you stay together as a team or splitting up on Green Run it doesn't make sense being excluded.

What Flammenwerfer said. I think they want you to run 5 times across the map for your ray gun. I don't understand it, because it's just annoying. I don't agree on the teamwork point.

They definitely don't remove something because it would lead to some downs for some people ;)

Ever played the 2 box hit game on kin or another old map? This is where all 4 players only get 2 box hits the whole game and then you're done. Ideally, this is for you to get 2 guns to stick with. Some of the best games come when you have dudes running round with an upgraded sniper and ballistic knife.

I think we're looking for the truly talented. Let's face it, even when I play wi friends you have minimal time to hit e box after the first rush for supplies. I think they're pushing us to branch out beyond the LMG/rayguy combo, and try to survive. More than once I've settled for wall guns or sub standard combos because the box was on the other side of the map. This starts separating the wheat from the chaff...so to speak.