Maxis' True Intentions (Where Is Maxis)

xXExpertCoahXx

As we all know Dr. Ludwig Maxis is the founder of the group 935, a team of scientist from different nationalities coming together to seemingly better the human condition. We have scientist from the CCCP, USSR, and even some from Hitlers own gathering, Nazis. But who is Maxis and why did he feel the need to better the human condition (at least, what he thought was bettering it)?

As we know, gathered from the MOON radios, Maxis was betrayed by Edward Rictofen. Rictofen tried killing Maxis by teleporting him and his daughter Samantha in the Der Riese MDT. Instead of dying however, Maxis was taken to a strange cave, where voices of the Vril-Ya filled his ears.

Rictofen realizes his mistake (having been teleported himself) brings Maxis back to the MOON to kill him. Maxis orders Samantha to do one thing...Kill them all. Afterwards we hear Maxis laugh and multiple gunshots and screams.

My theory is that Maxis for saw this betrayal and created some sort of fail-safe while he was in the Aether. Could this be why and how he can communicate with us even though he is possibly dead? Maxis communicates via electronics through the Aether...Therefore making him what many people suggest. An A.I.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I may be wrong, but didn't Maxis make a copy of himself into the mainframe of the Moon Base? I remember Richtofen arguing with him, and then deleting/bypassing him on the computer. But after he swaps bodies and takes control, Maxis starts talking again and directs you to use the missiles. After that, he goes completely silent, and this is what made me think he was part of the mainframe, how he could direct the missiles. So the question isn't if he's alive, it's where he is now.

• Administrators

My theory is that Maxis for saw this betrayal and created some sort of fail-safe while he was in the Aether. Could this be why and how he can communicate with us even though he is possibly dead? Maxis communicates via electronics through the Aether...Therefore making him what many people suggest. An A.I.

When was he in the Aether exactly? Your theory suggests he was in the computer, which I do believe to be his fail safe, but I don't think he did it in the Aether. As for an AI, I think he's an entity that can only effect things via speaking into electronics (as supported by Green Run radios), but I personally wouldn't call that an Artificial Intelligence. If it's an entity that's hacking into electronic systems, it's not artificial. It's still him, just speaking through something different.

Seems to me that Maxis is a form of Avogadro. Living electricity, moving through objects to bend to his will, talking through anything electronic even things that isn't a radio (as said on the T.V.). It would explain how he is knowledgeable about the Avogadro in the first place even knowing it would allow him to gain it powers once you freed it.

Just an idea not entirely sure if this is a viable thought.

When was he in the Aether exactly? Your theory suggests he was in the computer, which I do believe to be his fail safe, but I don't think he did it in the Aether. As for an AI, I think he's an entity that can only effect things via speaking into electronics (as supported by Green Run radios), but I personally wouldn't call that an Artificial Intelligence. If it's an entity that's hacking into electronic systems, it's not artificial. It's still him, just speaking through something different.

Your definition of entity is flawed. A sentient robot would be considered an entity. If Maxis is now computerized version of himself, then he would technically be a separate entity than his dead body. It's kinda like cloning, except the clone is "digital".

The cave he was in was a part of the Aether was it not? Maybe I'm confused on that part...

The cave he was in was a part of the Aether was it not? Maybe I'm confused on that part...

He was in a "tunnel". That is all we know. Anything more specific than that is just theory. One theory was that the tunnel was a metaphor for Aether.

Perhaps that is where I got the idea that he was in the 'Aether'. Thanks for that clarification MMX :P More to come tomorrow, super busy as it is right now and then I'm going to play some zombies with a few of the members on here. Continue expressing your theories though, so that when I return in the morning I have more to base my writings off of :)

• Administrators

Your definition of entity is flawed. A sentient robot would be considered an entity. If Maxis is now computerized version of himself, then he would technically be a separate entity than his dead body. It's kinda like cloning, except the clone is "digital".

My definition is flawed in no such way. I do not believe he is digital, his soul/spirit is just somewhere else and he is speaking through speakers.