The Official Parisian Catacombs TranZit Revisal!

Jolteon

The Parisian Catacombs: The TranZit Theory.

Before I begin, I would like to quickly point out that what you are about to read is a modification of my script for my YouTube video. Therefore, any references to videos or YouTube that I have accidently left in the text below just ignore. ENJOY! :D

What’s up guys, this is Dark Jolteon, and today I am bringing you an all new revival and revisal of my oldest and best Call of Duty Zombies theory. Now, for those of you unfamiliar with my previous theory, I very strongly recommend you go and check it out. I’ll leave you a link in the description. Just before I begin, I would like to straight away give my huge and undying thanks and respect to the man that has made the Parisian Catacombs theory what it is today. Without him the theory would be nothing like it is today. So a massive thank you to MrRoflWaffles, you are awesome my friend. So without any further delay, let us begin!

So, as you will all know my greatest and most accomplished theory was my Parisian Catacombs theory that I originally created back in July 2011 shortly after the release of moon. However, with all of the recent news and trailers released by Treyarch it has become seemingly unlikely that the Parisian Catacombs will be featured in the first batch of zombie maps released with the Black Ops Two disc. Because of this, I have recently been thinking of other manors in which the Catacombs could be incorporated into zombies. To begin with, I thought perhaps it could still be one of our classic survival maps or the 4z4 mode but honestly I don’t think it will be simply because I have already read articles suggesting (not confirming) that the survival and 4z4 maps will be loosely based on maps featuring in the Multiplayer mode. So, after thinking things through thoroughly, I decided to try and devise a way in that the Parisian Catacombs could feature in TranZit mode. This is where my imagination began to have some fun again.

So, to begin with, a brief explanation of TranZit mode for those of you who do not know what it is. Effectively, it is a ‘campaign based’ game mode where players are able to move from place to place to fight the horde. In the first TranZit map, players have the ability to walk between each are through the ‘fog’, or travel on a much safer bus. Now, you’re probably wondering how you can fit a bus in the Catacombs… Well… You can’t. However, this theory does not focus on the bus seen in the trailer and that will feature in the first TranZit map.

Picture this; a crew of four completely brand new never before seen characters. They are currently camping out in Paris after a series of bombs struck the city from an unknown source. It has been days since they have had any contact with anyone. After a period of time of silence they begin to worry. However, the silence doesn’t last. As you would expect, the unfortunate victims of the nuclear attack begin to reanimate and of course attack our new heroes. They begin breaking through the windows slowly but the horde dramatically increases as time goes on, and eventually our characters need to escape the ever invading Zombies.

The characters, now completely overwhelmed, cannot escape the area due to huge pits of flames coming from cracks in the ground. However, near the edge of the encircled area is an open sewer hole. The characters throw themselves down the hole and find themselves in a series of tunnels covered in strange markings and filled with bones. That’s right, you guessed it, they have entered the Parisian Catacombs. So, in this particular instance, I am suggesting that it is in fact plausible that our new characters, instead of using the bus like the four characters of which we have already been introduced to do, they could in fact use the Catacombs to travel between different locations.

So, how would the Catacombs work in this manor? Well, in this particular instance, it would require a lot of smarts and teamwork. As many of you may have already considered, many parts of the catacombs would most like have been destroyed by the nukes hitting the Earth. I have considered this. The Catacombs are by no means a safe haven of travel. The ceiling above you, the floor below you, the walls around, they will all be excessively weak and easily penetrable.

Because of this factor, the player will not only have to be very wary of the Zombies following them down the hole, but also the risk of Zombies coming from above, from either side, and perhaps even below. Not only will the player have to contend with Zombies, but the floor could easily collapse from underneath them and send them plummeting to their deaths. They will have to avoid lava pits and falling debris. To put it bluntly, they will have to go through hell to reach the next destination. Of course, the area of the Catacombs will get gradually harder as the player progresses further through each of the different areas of the TranZit map.

However, this is not the only possibility that I have considered in the process of concocting this new theory. For those of you who really like the bus, which I’m sure many people will, I have also created a second possibility that also incorporates the bus into the Parisian Catacombs TranZit map. I believe that this theory is perhaps a more realistic idea depending on whether the bus is enjoyed or not.

So, the beginning of the scenario is exactly the same, however this time there is a conveniently placed bus, or vehicle of some kind, outside of the campy spot. They fight their way to the vehicle, climb aboard and ride around to different places of Paris fighting off the hoard as they go. Eventually they decide that they need to go off in search of awesome and unpredictable things to tip the scales in their favour. Paris is a wreck. Many of the streets have collapsed into the tunnels below and a large amount of valuable and useful equipment and weaponry have fallen too.

Now, as you may or may not know, in the TranZit map set to be released on the Black Ops Two disc, there are two methods of which the players can travel around the map. Firstly, there is of course our new ally the bus. This is most likely going to be the primary method of travel for the majority of players. However, there is a secondary method that the player can use. This is to travel through the thick and highly dangerous fog. In the fog players will of course find it extremely difficult to see what is coming through the mist toward them. However, there is rumoured to be SOME form of reward for players who brave the impenetrable smoke in front of them. Although no confirmation of just what awaits the player in the fog has been made, it HAS been mentioned that the player could find much greater and more beneficial rewards braving the fog rather than take the bus. This has very little relation to my theory so I am going to move on, however keep the idea of TWO methods of travel fresh in your mind because I will be returning to it very soon.

So, back to our scene, our characters are travelling through Paris on their vehicular form of transport, just as we will be doing on November 13th on our TranZit bus. They find themselves becoming overrun and in need of more powerful and more advanced equipment. They find an entrance to a seemingly abandoned sewer system and decide to venture in in search of weaponry, or perhaps even an escape route. That’s right, you guessed it, the seemingly abandoned sewer system is of course the Parisian Catacombs, and by seemingly I mean absolutely heaving with undead beauties to slay. So, what relevance do the Catacombs have in being in this map? Well, it’s simple. I propose that rather than reusing the fog in a second map, Treyarch could explore new methods of travelling around a map. In this instance, the glorious and endless possibilities of the Parisian Catacombs.

In the Catacombs the players will face much increased danger and a higher risk of doom and death, HOWEVER, they also have the opportunity of finding weaponry and equipment that are otherwise inaccessible on the surface. How the increased firepower found their way down into the Catacombs is simple. Fleeing civilians who happened to have the weaponry and equipment on them when they were sadly and brutally murdered in the Catacombs by our undead brothers have kindly left them for us.

There is another reason that I believe that this second theory is not only plausible, but perhaps even likely. As stated in my first Parisian Catacombs theory, there are numerous different ways that the Black Ops Zombies storyline could feature many of the relics, artefacts and monuments in the Parisian Catacombs. In fact, there are more areas that COULD feature as links to the Zombies storyline than couldn’t. I would like to further discuss one of these particular areas in some more detail. This particular feature I really skipped over in my first theory and that is the Nazi bunkers.

The Nazi’s used sections of the Parisian Catacombs as secret bunkers for several different reasons. Officially, they were mostly used for accommodation of German troops, prisons for French rebels and interrogation rooms for the Gestapo. Most of these bunkers were in fact used for these purposes, HOWEVER, unofficially (or at least it was unknown for a while afterwards) there are a few bunkers that were used for much more… Sinister motives. It is well known, and well documented, that many of the French rebels that were taking in for questioning by the Gestapo were never seen or heard from again. Everyone simply believed that these individual were all transported to Germany or Austria to work in the concentration camps, and for the most part, this was in fact the case. However, as records show, the number of missing French rebels, and the number of French rebels documented in concentration camps are vastly uneven. Of course, much of this can be put down to bad documentation or perhaps even escapees of the camps who set up life in other areas of Europe, however the numbers still do not quite add up. This is because a select few Frenchmen did NOT get transported to concentration camps, did NOT get imprisoned and did NOT get killed directly. They were in fact used for vile and cruel experiments by some of Nazi Germany’s most vicious and sadistic scientists. Of course, many of these tests include the reanimation of corpses.

In the particular area in question, there are thick steel doors that would not ordinarily have been in the bunker. They were in fact placed there by the Nazis themselves, and they are rumoured to have tried to hold something in. It is beyond plausible, beyond probable that the Nazis had created some form of monstrous super-human creature in their experiments that could easily have been locked behind these doors. Monstrous creatures that could feature as a method of increasing the difficulty when travelling through the Catacombs, perhaps?

As well as this, these particular areas of the Catacombs could perhaps feature as part of the maps Easter Egg that will no doubt once again feature. What better way for us to find some more information on our ever growing storyline than to go to another location where experimentation was occurring? There could easily be more clues to Richtofen’s past or even Doctor Maxis’ past, or perhaps a new character could be unveiled! The mysterious shadowed man in the painting all the way back in Kino could perhaps be revisited and the man revealed to us as another crazy Nazi scientist involved in the experimentations with the undead and element 115!

So that’s it! I now would like to invite you to leave your thoughts, opinions and criticisms below and any other ideas you may have had regarding the theory! Thank you very much for reading, and I will see you again in another thread very soon!

*EDIT* Updated to add the YouTube video. Both say very similar things, so you can choose which method to use :)

mXqUMd_o2bM

-Jolteon

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only is this set up and laid out beautifully, but the theory itself is mind-blowingly believable, just looking at all of your support for your theory. Well done X 9001.

Have you ever heard of the show "ancient aliens?" It is usually kinda crazy but in one episode the guy mentions a theory that Leonardo DaVinci gained access to "tunnels" beneath Paris which allowed him to travel to the future and acquire blueprints for future flying machines and such.

With a little tweak here or there, we can take that and say something like "115 embedded in the walls of the Parisian catacombs allowed nazis to transform the network of tunnels into a fully functional time travel system. Once the catacombs were occupied by the nazis, they used the tunnels to carry out their teleportation and time travel experiments, as well as their undead army experiments. This was made possible (obviously) by the ample supplies of 115 there."

Just thought i'd throw that out there, since The fact that any time travel theories exist around the catacombs is relevant to your theory.

Once again, Fantastic job on this theory.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm... What if the Eiffel Tower were to be the second site Maxis mentions in Tranzit? Bigger pylon = the need for more power? I mean, it would be a very blah and redundant EE if that were the case/ if Treyarch didn't do something new, but it would make sense.

The Eiffel Tower would be a perfect connection to the rest of the storyline.

-Jolteon

Jolteon have you read World War Z yet?

There's an awesome chapter about french soldiers fighting zombies in the Parisian Catacombs.

I don't think the WWZ novel will have any effect on the BLOPS 2 game, but the story definitely did wet my appetite for the potential horror that a future Parisian Catacombs map could present.

- Mix

Jolteon have you read World War Z yet?

There's an awesome chapter about french soldiers fighting zombies in the Parisian Catacombs.

I don't think the WWZ novel will have any effect on the BLOPS 2 game, but the story definitely did wet my appetite for the potential horror that a future Parisian Catacombs map could present.

- Mix

GAH! I keep meaning to! I will try and get through it sometime soon! Thanks for the reminder!

-Jolteon

Hmmm... What if the Eiffel Tower were to be the second site Maxis mentions in Tranzit? Bigger pylon = the need for more power? I mean, it would be a very blah and redundant EE if that were the case/ if Treyarch didn't do something new, but it would make sense.

-Jolteon

It would be. Now the question is where the third site would be. But that's another theory for a different thread. All I can say is that I'll see you in Paris ;)

-Jolteon

It would be. Now the question is where the third site would be. But that's another theory for a different thread. All I can say is that I'll see you in Paris ;)

Okay, this may be a long shot, but PERHAPS we could be looking at the Queen Elizabeth Tower in London (more popurlarly known as Big Ben). There ave been many links to a map in the UK and so I guess it makes sense.

However, we can speculate till the cows come how. I will indeed be seeing you in Paris my friend ;)

-Jolteon

Okay, this may be a long shot, but PERHAPS we could be looking at the Queen Elizabeth Tower in London (more popurlarly known as Big Ben). There ave been many links to a map in the UK and so I guess it makes sense.

However, we can speculate till the cows come how. I will indeed be seeing you in Paris my friend ;)

-Jolteon

UK, Paris, either way, we have the opportunity for a DOUBLE DECKER BUS! Make it happen Treyarch.

-Jolteon

UK, Paris, either way, we have the opportunity for a DOUBLE DECKER BUS! Make it happen Treyarch.

Nothing would please me more than to slay Zombies on a classic red London double decker bus, visiting all the landmarks of my Capital City. It would make my life.

-Jolteon