Why would they chose nuketown for a zombie map?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To everyone who keeps assuming that Nuketown zombies will be small... why? Do you honestly think they're gonna use the exact same layout as the actual Nuketown? Is Ascension exactly like Launch? Is Shangri-La exactly like Jungle? They're gonna use the THEME of Nuketown to make an entirely NEW map for zombies.

Sorry for the rant, it's just that too many people automatically assume that they're using the same exact Nuketown. I saw one kid ask if the zombies would be able to hit you if you stood on top of the sign. *facepalm*

Also did'nt Mark Lamia say that every zombie map in BO2 would be bigger than anyother map they've made so far? so I have no idea why people would even think that nuketown would be small

1. Nuketown was the most popular multiplayer map in Black Ops.

2. Richtofen's books are found most predominantly in Nuketown.

3. Nuketown is a small map, which makes it easier to convert.

4. Nuketown had a lot of unused yet built, unreachable areas.

5. Nuketown has a unique setting that sets it apart from the other maps, which makes for a good storyline.

Also did'nt Mark Lamia say that every zombie map in BO2 would be bigger than anyother map they've made so far? so I have no idea why people would even think that nuketown would be small

Actually, they said that the map that comes the game would be bigger than any map they've made. They didn't say the same applied for every map. Usually the DLC maps get progressively bigger anyways, but they changed that rule when they made Shangri-La and that was my favorite map, so hopefully they do something like that again with Nuketown.

I think Nuketown will still be small, but like zombies small. Zombies small and multiplayer small are two totally different versions of small. Multiplayer small is Nuketown, while zombies small is Shangri-La.

Actually, they said that the map that comes the game would be bigger than any map they've made. They didn't say the same applied for every map. Usually the DLC maps get progressively bigger anyways, but they changed that rule when they made Shangri-La and that was my favorite map, so hopefully they do something like that again with Nuketown.

I think Nuketown will still be small, but like zombies small. Zombies small and multiplayer small are two totally different versions of small. Multiplayer small is Nuketown, while zombies small is Shangri-La.

Except for Nacht, even the original Nuketown was bigger than Nactht. It's a fun map and also where it all began, but I hope they don't make a map that small again. Shangri-La was about the right size for a "small" map.

It's also the map that most closely resembles the classic zombie scene; houses, abandoned buses, etc.

I'm really hoping they give us a more traditional zombie game with it; not just more endless waves and boarding up. I know there's talk of a time limit, but I'd like to see it play as an actual story.

Start in the bus, escape to a house, board up, hold for a while, figure out you have to escape because a nuke is coming, fight outside to that underground bunker, hold it until the nuke goes off and you're "safe."

That would kick ass.

It's also the map that most closely resembles the classic zombie scene; houses, abandoned buses, etc.

I'm really hoping they give us a more traditional zombie game with it; not just more endless waves and boarding up. I know there's talk of a time limit, but I'd like to see it play as an actual story.

Start in the bus, escape to a house, board up, hold for a while, figure out you have to escape because a nuke is coming, fight outside to that underground bunker, hold it until the nuke goes off and you're "safe."

That would kick ass.

It would. What you're describing is a totally kick ass zombie game... Which is not CoDz. The point of CoDz is that it's endless, and the progress of the entire game is based entirely on the players' decisions. What you're describing sounds like more of a campaign.