Samantha In The Black Ops II Zombies Story?

I have a theory, I believe, that the picture of the woman released by Treyarch, could be Samantha, and she could be an essential character to stopping Dr. rictofen, and once and for all, Getting rid of the zombies. Perhaps the story will finish off with a remake of moon, where its a different moon base although there is a pyramid just like the one in Black Ops' "Moon", And Samantha and her allies, (Dempsey, Nikolai and Takeo) Must complete an easter egg to get Rictofen out of the pyramid, and stop his control over the zombies. Although, this is all just a theory of mine. Give me you'r thoughts on this on where you agree and/or disagree. Thankyou :D

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that Richtofen and Samantha switched bodies.

But personally, I think it'd be awesome to play as an adult Samantha. Maybe in the game, you play as her. But how did she get her body back? Maybe in the backstory in that game you have to find out what happened between Black Ops 1 and 2 that led to that point. *shrug* It'd be cool.

• Administrators

Samantha is able to use the Aether to transfer her soul to any suitable host (electronic devices and/or a female human body). My guess is that she will take over a certain someone (Sgt. Anderson anyone?) and use her body for the rest of the game.

I personally am not entirely sure if she has that ability or not, we haven't seen her doing anything like this before. Gersh and Maxis are the only people we have seen connect to anything else, however they were connected to the Casimir Mechanism, which is unlike any body. If she could take over bodies, she would have done so on the four characters to kill them.

Nice observation Tac, but to counter your opinion I have to say she has been connected to something besides her own body. The zombies, the teddy bear, and the box. And the reason she would not take control of the original four is:

1. She only wants Rictofen. Not Dempsey, Nikolai, and Takeo.

2. Since her powers are not as developed as Gersch and Maxis she is only able to control the zombies to a certain extent.

3. Rictofen (since he was never in the Aether) needed to complete a certain ritual (using the Vril Generator and 115 meteorite) to transfer his soul into Samantha's.

So with this being said it is very possible that during the time span of Blops and Blops II we will see a more matured Samantha who also has a better grip on her powers. Enabling her to switch bodies whenever.

• Administrators

Nice observation Tac, but to counter your opinion I have to say she has been connected to something besides her own body. The zombies, the teddy bear, and the box. And the reason she would not take control of the original four is:

1. She only wants Rictofen. Not Dempsey, Nikolai, and Takeo.

2. Since her powers are not as developed as Gersch and Maxis she is only able to control the zombies to a certain extent.

3. Rictofen (since he was never in the Aether) needed to complete a certain ritual (using the Vril Generator and 115 meteorite) to transfer his soul into Samantha's.

So with this being said it is very possible that during the time span of Blops and Blops II we will see a more matured Samantha who also has a better grip on her powers. Enabling her to switch bodies whenever.

Good point with the connecting to the Zombies, however I disagree with the box and teddy as they are inanimate object, I think she just has the ability to move them, telekenetic powers if you will. Also, she does want to hurt not only Richtofen, but the others as well. She has a quote in Moon, "I will destroy all that help you!" She won't do that as she now needs them and can't since she is no longer inside the pyramid.

I personally think that her powers are very much more developed than both Maxis and Gersh. Gersh and Maxis aren't able to control anything, their souls are only stuck in Aether and the Casimir Mechanism. Samantha has her whole body and mind and soul, as well as much more time and experience allowing for her to become very knowledgeable in what to do.

I think the reason she says that certain quote is because the three heroes were helping Rictofen throughout the Big Bang Theory Easter Egg. Not nessescarily because they were helping him in general. I'm sure that if they weren't with Rictofen they would all be safe.

And as far as her having telekenetic powers. How can you explain fire sale, max ammo, double points, etc. and also her laughing once a teddy bear is shown in the box? The Fly Trap Easter Egg also plays a factor in her soul transferring abilities.

• Administrators

I think the reason she says that certain quote is because the three heroes were helping Rictofen throughout the Big Bang Theory Easter Egg. Not nessescarily because they were helping him in general. I'm sure that if they weren't with Rictofen they would all be safe.

And as far as her having telekenetic powers. How can you explain fire sale, max ammo, double points, etc. and also her laughing once a teddy bear is shown in the box? The Fly Trap Easter Egg also plays a factor in her soul transferring abilities.

She has telekenetic powers, she can spawn animate and inanimate objects like Zombies and power-ups respectively. The inanimate Teddy Bear shows up in the box and she laughs because she screwed them over. She doesn't have the powers to possess and overthrow a person, in my eyes.

I'm guessing that if Samantha gets her body back, the QED will have something to do with it.

^This. The Quantum Entanglement Device. :geek: It could have the potential to swap souls, I think :? . I would consider it plausible though. Perhaps the temple could play a part as well. If the crew arrived via "flying temples", they would be able to show her where it was and this could also aid her in getting her body back. Take a look at the Moon loading screen again:

In the comic area on the right, we see three astronauts following behind a fourth who obviously knows where they are, and what they are doing. If they didn't, I would think the fourth would have stayed with the group. Could Samantha have known the capabilities of the vril inside the temple, and warned the crew to hang back? Samantha then emerges as a girl on the top.( a bit backwards I know, but plausible.) This would then lead to the next map being played as Samantha's body in a normal aging process. The crew may have stopped time traveling for a while, therefore they age. If this is the case, however, will our crew be old like Woods? Why would Samantha age and they stay the same?

I'm guessing that if Samantha gets her body back, the QED will have something to do with it.

^This. The Quantum Entanglement Device. :geek: It could have the potential to swap souls, I think :? . I would consider it plausible though. Perhaps the temple could play a part as well. If the crew arrived via "flying temples", they would be able to show her where it was and this could also aid her in getting her body back. Take a look at the Moon loading screen again:

[ Image ]

In the comic area on the right, we see three astronauts following behind a fourth who obviously knows where they are, and what they are doing. If they didn't, I would think the fourth would have stayed with the group. Could Samantha have known the capabilities of the vril inside the temple, and warned the crew to hang back? Samantha then emerges as a girl on the top.( a bit backwards I know, but plausible.) This would then lead to the next map being played as Samantha's body in a normal aging process. The crew may have stopped time traveling for a while, therefore they age. If this is the case, however, will our crew be old like Woods? Why would Samantha age and they stay the same?

I don't know if any of them will age at all. The Map looks like it's still gonna take place in the Black Ops 1 era (remember, the Zombies team has been given free reign to do whatever they want in this game regardless of where the campaign/multiplayer goes. They weren't given this permission in Black Ops 1, that's why the story "time traveled" from WWII to the Cold War). I have no idea who that woman on the poster could be, but something tells me it will be a new character.

The loading screens for Moon and Shangri-La have been analyzed time and time again and no one can seem to decipher exactly what they mean. Perhaps you're in the right direction though, it could be a hint as to what we'll see in Black Ops 2, rather than another complicated piece of the backstory. Hopefully when the game comes out, the loading screens (and "Shangri-La mountains") will finally be explained to us once and for all.

I honestly hope we get some kinda cutscene puzzle solving type clip that doesn't necessarily reveal and answer all the questions right then and there, but actually brings a definite direction or solid idea of what might have actually happened. I just wanna see some stinking cutscenes and less radios honestly. lol

Personally, I prefer the radios over cutscenes. Cutscenes worked well for things like Five and Call of the Dead, but I don't think we should ever see or hear our original four characters or characters from the backstory in anything besides gameplay and radios. It keeps it mysterious, more interactive, like you have to dig just a little further to get what's going on. There are still some people playing zombies that don't even know that there IS a storyline, just because they don't look.

I somewhat agree with cutscenes and none. Maybe integrate the two ideas? Have in game cutscenes such as:

(Starting 'The Map'. The Original Crew in position on a street staring at a horde of zombies)

(Players take control and start unloading with SMGs)

(While players are shooting the first horde of the game character dialouge acts as the cutscene)

Dempsey: Can't believe we made it off that damn MOON alive.

Nikolai: They took all my Vodka. And Rictofen took my Olympia...

Takeo: 935 must become annihilated for what they have caused!

Samantha: I will avenge my father!

(From there on we just play the game)

I would actually love to see us starting out with automatic guns and going against a huge horde right off the bat. It would really set the mood that 'the world has gone to shit'.