Here's a theory for you.

Why are Treyarch so cryptic with their Zombies storyline?

They make us think and look for thing that are not there. They require these online communities, to delve into their hidden, meaningless clues - that never really answer the question, only provoke more questions and delving. But then, there is a storyline. Primarily just references made- or stories/characters revolving around -various popular conspiracy theories. They have caused an entire community to research these theories. Enlightenment.

That's why, I believe, the Zombies storyline is not clear. Because, there is no storyline. Only a method of inspiring englightenment and personal-research into the hidden truths of this world.

Learn your lesson, people. After two installments of Zombies - what, 7-8 maps? - there is still nothing. And don't get your hopes up for much more after BO-2.

The storyline had a strong start. It could, have led somewhere. Yet, it has not. We currently have a weak, patched-together plotline. The result of no care for a meaningless storyline, being just a small part or their multi-million franchise - only it's message, it's fans and players, and it's inspiration.

Stop being as blind as the rest of this ignorant world!

Ask yourselves this, people:-

What if this forum put it's time and effort into the conspiracies of what may or may not be the true storyline of the world today?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

If you think we have no storyline then I believe you are sadly mistaken. The storyline is for fun and it's in the game, I don't think you can deny the clear story that is occurring throughout the maps as we play it. There are holes, yes, and that is because those specific parts are left hidden and up to the imagination of the theorist, the eye of the beholder if you will. There is a storyline and there will continue to be one, in my eyes at least.

Sorry, clearly there is a story, yes. But don't you think it's very patched together, as result of demand?

Near enough every aspect of the storyline has several different ways of percieving it. I bet there are 100's of different storylines put together, by this forum. And that each member, on this forum, sees the Zombies storyline in their own unique envisionment.

All theories are plausible, all believable, all evidenced, all discussed, agreed, and disagreed on. Why do Treyarch cause this?

Zombies has constantly been in demand, by fans of it's lore, for a straight answer.

Yet they fail to deliver. Purposely?

I've seen more ridiculous theories on this forum.

• Administrators

I understand what you are saying now, that Treyarch is trying to get the youth of this world to learn to research and find information on their own and become more well-rounded individuals?

That could well be it.

It doesn't necessarily have to be, essentially, some cryptic type of warning against the ongoing movements of the Global Elite / the Illuminati / the New World Order - whatever you want to call them, by inspiring youth and adults with a new interest in research, conspiracies, and hidden truths.

It could we be for far less sinister reasons, of course.

The reason I believe all this is because I have this forum and Treyarch to thank, for sparking my knowledge and interest into now having research near enough every aspect of every conspiracy theory out there. I've learned a lot from this meer gaming community, enough to change my view on life.

I understand what you are saying now, that Treyarch is trying to get the youth of this world to learn to research and find information on their own and become more well-rounded individuals?

"a league of heroic (and occasionally eccentric) minds from a host of different fields, from different countries, in different industries, institutions, companies and universities - experts in biological research, genomics, astrophysics, global markets, risk analytics, immersive data visualization and skateboarding."

- http://www.tacitus.com/

sounds like CODz to me.

I think Treyarch tries to write the storyline based on forum posts. The community is what made zombies what it is and the community is what created the story. They said themselves that they got the idea for Samantha because someone in the community heard a zombie say "Sam". They then began on the story. They may not use exactly what we write, but they definitely get inspiration from us. If they didn't, do you think Carbon would have got hired? Carbon was one of the greatest theorists on here. I think they create zombies maps unlike any other game ever designed. They focus solely on the community and they tell us that all the time. We make the game what it is. That is their goal, to create a game that we can believe in, put our hearts into. We have.

I think Treyarch tries to write the storyline based on forum posts. The community is what made zombies what it is and the community is what created the story. They said themselves that they got the idea for Samantha because someone in the community heard a zombie say "Sam". They then began on the story. They may not use exactly what we write, but they definitely get inspiration from us. If they didn't, do you think Carbon would have got hired? Carbon was one of the greatest theorists on here. I think they create zombies maps unlike any other game ever designed. They focus solely on the community and they tell us that all the time. We make the game what it is. That is their goal, to create a game that we can believe in, put our hearts into. We have.

Treyarch understands that fan fiction is the best fiction. It's what keeps their fan community so strong. There are people who will never be able to grasp a multiple narrative storyline because it's super abstract and thus it becomes complicated/convoluted to them... but if you embrace the abstraction, then it's amazing how a simple premise ("there are zombies who were once nazis, shoot them") can turn into such a wild story. It's really the only game mode/DLC I obsess over - mostly because I love the ee's so much - and I think that's because of the community reaction that comes with an ee. It's nerding out at it's absolute best, and I love it.

How ignorant, and unintelligent.... I beleive I will quote joker on this:

Answers don't give you everlasting satisfaction, no no think about it! Imagine your favorite TV show, you've been through it all the ups the downs and finally wham! They tell you what it's all about! Would you be truely satisfied? Does it even make sense? Why did it all end in a church?

Answers don't give you everlasting satisfaction, no no think about it! Imagine your favorite TV show, you've been through it all the ups the downs and finally wham! They tell you what it's all about! Would you be truely satisfied? Does it even make sense? Why did it all end in a church?

If it would let me, I would give you brains just for quoting one of the best games ever (not to mention the greatest villain ever created).

However I wouldn't call him ignorant and unintelligent, that may have been a little mean.

The joker..... you have great taste :)