Expendables = Zombies

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's also all the celebrities they get to appear on ELITE.

Yeah but they are all a joke :( Especially Elite match-up.

The point being though that they got them to do it, whether it was entertaining or not. So if Treyarch did want to make a map with the actors from Expendables, then it's certainly within the realm of possibility.

We have three sets of characters: custom, political leaders, and celebrities. The best custom are our main characters, ours truly. The political leaders were some of the most notable in history, special to that era. The celebrities were four (plus Romero) of the most suitable horror actors that could be applied to a Zombies game.

They will stick in four miscellaneous actors in the game just for being popular as soon as they stick in four miscellaneous political leaders in the game just for being popular. Who wants to play as President Obama or Prime Minister Cameron? Woo! (sarcasm)

Anyway. Celebrities have been done before. We need to move on to better things in my opinion. There's plenty of people from history (the past 12000 years). There's only so many people from this instant of time (2012).

We have three sets of characters: custom, political leaders, and celebrities. The best custom are our main characters, ours truly. The political leaders were some of the most notable in history, special to that era. The celebrities were four (plus Romero) of the most suitable horror actors that could be applied to a Zombies game.

They will stick in four miscellaneous actors in the game just for being popular as soon as they stick in four miscellaneous political leaders in the game just for being popular. Who wants to play as President Obama or Prime Minister Cameron? Woo! (sarcasm)

Anyway. Celebrities have been done before. We need to move on to better things in my opinion. There's plenty of people from history (the past 12000 years). There's only so many people from this instant of time (2012).

So would you like to play as besides our usual cast? Because I'm pretty sure there's a lot who (on this very forum) have said they would love to play as Obama.

Play as Obama? That would literally be a 50/50 split. The Democracts would love it. The Republicans would hate it. More or less. As a producer, you never want to try to please just HALF of your audience.

I think the only option for new playable characters are A. new custom characters or B. some more historical figures of the past. There's just so much past but only so much present. Perhaps some people from the '80's, but they don't have to be world leaders or anything. But C. I think is more likely, where they'll have some more real people, but their theme will be unbeknownst to us until we see them, and we'll be like "Oh, I never thought of that!"

Play as Obama? That would literally be a 50/50 split. The Democracts would love it. The Republicans would hate it. More or less. As a producer, you never want to try to please just HALF of your audience.

I think the only option for new playable characters are A. new custom characters or B. some more historical figures of the past. There's just so much past but only so much present. Perhaps some people from the '80's, but they don't have to be world leaders or anything. But C. I think is more likely, where they'll have some more real people, but their theme will be unbeknownst to us until we see them, and we'll be like "Oh, I never thought of that!"

See that's where you are wrong, I don't want the celebrities to be included but simply the characters they portray. I wouldn't mind playing as Obama :)

You mean playing as fictional characters from some other media? I really don't see that ever happening. Using celebrities, all you really need to do is get their permission. Using historical figures, all you have to do is be respectful, and not even that much. Using fictional characters, you have to jump through a whole bunch of hoops, legalities, copyright issues; not worth it from a developing point-of-view.

And I don't think it a good idea to play as Obama. Honestly, he's only going to be in power for a few more year(s). By that time, it'll be the recent past. We might as well play as Bush or Clinton. It's not a good idea to make the game's notability so temporary. Not to mention, what if Obama doesn't get reelected? The game comes out November 11.

You mean playing as fictional characters from some other media? I really don't see that ever happening. Using celebrities, all you really need to do is get their permission. Using historical figures, all you have to do is be respectful, and not even that much. Using fictional characters, you have to jump through a whole bunch of hoops, legalities, copyright issues; not worth it from a developing point-of-view.

And I don't think it a good idea to play as Obama. Honestly, he's only going to be in power for a few more year(s). By that time, it'll be the recent past. We might as well play as Bush or Clinton. It's not a good idea to make the game's notability so temporary. Not to mention, what if Obama doesn't get reelected? The game comes out November 11.

Legalities and copyright issues? That's what contracts are for. I like the characters right now but I just feel like they could do better in the way of making some more badass characters like those in Expendables.

As for Obama it's not a question of whether he is going to be in power for less than a year or whether he gets reelected, its about playing as America's first black president. Clinton would be great to play but as for Bush, I don't think the idea of an Idiot would be appealing besides the Idea of playing as an Idiot.

I speak only as a fan therefore my opinion matters only to me. If I was them I would grow on the success they had behind bringing new characters in and political figures. But then again, they aren't really losing money are they :lol:

I understand. We have different opinions. I wasn't thinking of Obama as the first black president, so I suppose that gives him an edge in notability over Clinton or Bush. But I still don't think that's a good enough reason to include him. Eh, oh well.

I'd love to see more historical figures, but I'd prefer for them to bring past characters back to life, not current ones. I could just look at TV for current people. My opinion.

However, I do strongly think Treyarch (at least currently) is going with custom characters. We already know of one (^ scroll up ^)

I understand. We have different opinions. I wasn't thinking of Obama as the first black president, so I suppose that gives him an edge in notability over Clinton or Bush. But I still don't think that's a good enough reason to include him. Eh, oh well.

I'd love to see more historical figures, but I'd prefer for them to bring past characters back to life, not current ones. I could just look at TV for current people. My opinion.

However, I do strongly think Treyarch (at least currently) is going with custom characters. We already know of one (^ scroll up ^)

You know, Abraham Lincoln would make a great character. What if Tank, Takeo, Richtofen, and Nikki went back in time and met up with the founding fathers. This could lead into the idea of having more than four players in the game. I wouldn't mind seeing lincoln kicking ass

They basically already did the whole presidents/actors idea for zombie maps. However, having an Expendables crew would basically be the zombies "Dream Team" of zombie slayers haha.

I think they should have some famous band as the next "special" zombies map crew. I can totally see the Four Horsemen of Metallica or some well known band getting the next spot light to zombies in their own special map. ;)

Yeah, there's lots of stuff they could do. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see the CotD crew back, simply because Treyarch have worked with them before and so know hat to expect from them. As long as they don't bring back George Romero as a zombified George Romero, I'll be happy ;)

Yeah, there's lots of stuff they could do. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see the CotD crew back, simply because Treyarch have worked with them before and so know hat to expect from them. As long as they don't bring back George Romero as a zombified George Romero, I'll be happy ;)

Hey, I thought Romero was a great homage to zombies to the Zombie King. He always kept me on my toes plus it also added a boss type of gameplay to the game.

I would love to see more like that. A boss that is always around just waiting to encounter you.

They only problem I found with Call of the Dead characters was their dialogue. It was funny but nothing like Richtofen references to inappropriate matters.

Richtofen reminds me of Stewie(from family guy), in the sense that what he says always has a shock value that you aren't expecting. If they could create a character that not only has as much mystery as Richtofen but just a witty and funny zombies would just get better. I have soooooo many character ideas but I guess they also have their own.

Hey, I thought Romero was a great homage to zombies to the Zombie King. He always kept me on my toes plus it also added a boss type of gameplay to the game.

I would love to see more like that. A boss that is always around just waiting to encounter you.

They only problem I found with Call of the Dead characters was their dialogue. It was funny but nothing like Richtofen references to inappropriate matters.

Richtofen reminds me of Stewie(from family guy), in the sense that what he says always has a shock value that you aren't expecting. If they could create a character that not only has as much mystery as Richtofen but just a witty and funny zombies would just get better. I have soooooo many character ideas but I guess they also have their own.

British character, all I'm going to say about that.

And you are absolutely correct about George. I loved the idea of him and the challenge he presented. People only hate him because he was hard to handle. And when you can't beat something in a game, that automatically means it's a terrible game and they've gone downhill from there.