To Mic or not to Mic?

Some people need microphone, some people hate microphone.

I have one but never use it.

Having solid communication can change the dynamics of a game when things are heading south. Many times during games I wish I had them. I can count number of times I could have told people not to risk themselves trying to revive me with no ammo left. I could count number of times luring a full train away from down teammates being labeled jack ass. I can count number of times having trouble telling someone not to do something. I even remember one time running on the top war room for 10 minutes during thief round before anyone realized the situation. I am not bashing the randoms I am just recalling situations where a microphone could have helped tremendously.

On the other hand I have them off for reasons. I have played enough random games to know how to supplement my team most of the time. What puzzle me at times are the people who turn on their mikes just to share their musical taste. Some talk non stop as if silence hurt their ears. Some even sang me lady lady Gaga's poker face. I do not particularly enjoy annoying my teammates, so I rarely have my mike on. Not to mention I focus better not having to answer questions from new teammates about which wall weapon I like the most.

For me mike is not necessary unless I am playing with friends going for high rounds. How important is mike to you?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here, I have mic but I rarely talk to randoms. With friends I talk a lot to communicate if its a serious game or even for laughs game. But I normally like to focus on a game if its a high round run and 2 players are running separately. On the flip side I communicate a lot if we are merging trains. Reason why I made it to 50's in co-op was because of some excellent communication between us in maps like Shang and COTD. Mics are good. Sometimes its just a matter of time if we are confident enough to carry a conversation while running, forming or shooting a train. After that its second nature.

when playing with randoms I much rather type chat the have to listen to all those kiddies on xbox. Not saying I dont want to talk to every one on xbox. I acually have made a few friends from that but most of the time you get people that you really dont want to listen to. So playing with randoms no mic but play 2 player coop mics are a must.