Mystery box in the main room?

I'm just curious if anyone's ever had a game where the box spawned right in the main room, without getting the annoying teddy bear :evil: .

The closest I've been to this, I've had the box respawn in room 0 on kino a few times, and the box spawned in the mpl room a few times from the start (boy those were the highlights of my noob days [brains] ).

I'm pretty sure the game is specifically programmed to not do this, but maybe someone was fortunate enough to get a glitch?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My strategy in the first 15 rounds is always to generate points. I almost always in the first ten MPL plus knife. I really don't care where box is. Even in co-op I am always the last person using it. But you are right, I remember restarting in Kino to get box.

I don't think the programming in the game allows it to start off in the first room...

But I've had the box start in the first room we opened (The top right), we used it until the Teddy, then it spawned right in the first room. We screamed cause we felt like the luckiest people ever. xD

Yeah, the game is programmed not to do it. Sometimes, depending on the programming, it is possible just rare to get seemingly impossible things, but not always, and I don't think this one is. I don't think you'll ever be able to get the Box right away. However, a contrary example would be the Stielhandgranates that had like a .01% of being found in the Mystery Box back in WaW.

This has only happened to me twice: Once playing on Wii, probably because the Wii version is somewhat more likely to have glitches as Treyarch pays a bit less attention on patching glitches on Wii. And another time when I was playing on Xbox, but that was probably just a fluke.

What I've been told about the box is that it can't appear in the first room due to programming.

Just like you can't get firesale until the box has moved.

The absolute only exception is on Kino when you teleport and go into the random rooms. Twice I've had firesales in there without ever hitting the box.