NML = DOA in proper FPS perspective.

This just occurred to me...

NML is just like DOA.

Think about the MDT node in NML, then think about the MDT nodes in DOA.

Then think about how the Zombies spawn in DOA than compare it to how they spawn in NML.

They are basically the same. Just that DOA is TPS (Third person shooter/Top down) vs NML in FPS (First person shooter) mode.

Blah, just thinking out loud again.

Regards Alpha.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The mechanics of how fast they move right from the start are similar, but there are many reasons as to why No Man's Land is different. I think that the main one is the ability to properly train the zombies; this isn't necessarily available in Dead Ops.

In addition, time is of the essence in NML, whereas in Dead Ops, you are generally free to take your time. Where I do see the connection is the intense reflexes required to excel in the game mode, as well as the hidden complexity behind the game.

Interestingly enough, these two things are basically separate game modes, with different approaches required to succeed.

Good to see you posting even more, Alpha.

This is a very enlightened and thoughtful idea

However, i do have to agree and disagree

I agree with eye mostly, both DOA and NML act like seperate entities from the main nazi zombies

the reaction time required to do well in both/either is extremly intense and i have alot of respect for people like FatalRampage and Superhands who have the discipline to do extremly well in these 'game types' as well as in the clasical mode :D

anyway, [brains] for originality Alpha!

I've played DOA in FPS mode on PC, and it doesn't feel like NML to me

DOA is almost the same zombie game, as far as models and textures go. But with some dumbed down cartoony aspects to it, changes in animation speeds, and a top-down view.

Here's some gameplay of DOA in FPS mode

_Yb99AOxw6g

The only parallel I can make between the two is that the NML map is square-shaped mosh pit, just like the DOA maps