NML high-kill analysis - find out where you're going wrong

Tom, and other guys at 280, 290 kills that are trying for 300, I tell you... 90 second PaP with 40+ kills, then run the main area in a big circle, shooting small groups as they gather behind you; ignore the points for now, either get up to 100 kills with 8 shots before buying Jugg or restart. It won't work every time if the spawns are slow, but it's not hard. If you manage it, carry on playing as you normally do using the back pool or side drop and you'll have a nice chance at 300+.

How do you think TheRelaxingEnd and Mato get such high scores from seemingly average PaPs? They use the very same strategy between PaP and Jugg!

I'm gonna try a 300+ game on the telepad strategy this week, if I manage it that'll prove the effectiveness of starting the game like this ;)

Done! 305 kills using the teleporter strategy, an unprecidented amount as far as I know. Just gotta render the full video, bit of music, then I shall be uploading to YouTube :D

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom, and other guys at 280, 290 kills that are trying for 300, I tell you... 90 second PaP with 40+ kills, then run the main area in a big circle, shooting small groups as they gather behind you; ignore the points for now, either get up to 100 kills with 8 shots before buying Jugg or restart. It won't work every time if the spawns are slow, but it's not hard. If you manage it, carry on playing as you normally do using the back pool or side drop and you'll have a nice chance at 300+.

How do you think TheRelaxingEnd and Mato get such high scores from seemingly average PaPs? They use the very same strategy between PaP and Jugg!

I'm gonna try a 300+ game on the telepad strategy this week, if I manage it that'll prove the effectiveness of starting the game like this ;)

Done! 305 kills using the teleporter strategy, an unprecidented amount as far as I know. Just gotta render the full video, bit of music, then I shall be uploading to YouTube :D

Good for you super, I can't wait to see it :D

Thanks bud :) I got to 102 kills with just 5 M&S shots just before 2:45... then I though I'd go for glory and fire off 2 more, which netted me a grand total of... 3 more kills :lol: But that actually helped add 3 more to my kill total, those 2 shots wouldn't have mattered in the end as the zombies I had would have been too strong. So I guess that proves that often it can be better to use shots earlier rather than saving them for later ;)

Just adding imput, IIsteveII just scored a 356, he hit 203 (I think?) at 6/6/30 and his pack time was relativly average, does this change your base calculations at all? I just want to see your analysis of how this worked, he was still killing almost full trains with 2 shots till around 6/6/25 ;)

I'll analyse this when I do Mato vs Steve which will be out in like a weeks time. Had some big problems downloading stuff from youtube in the last few days.

Just adding imput, IIsteveII just scored a 356, he hit 203 (I think?) at 6/6/30 and his pack time was relativly average, does this change your base calculations at all? I just want to see your analysis of how this worked, he was still killing almost full trains with 2 shots till around 6/6/25 ;)

I'll analyse this when I do Mato vs Steve which will be out in like a weeks time. Had some big problems downloading stuff from youtube in the last few days.

Sweet, I can't wait, is that going to be part 2?

I may cut it to 2 parts, I haven't as much time as I want at the minute and I'm going on a weeks break next Sunday. I want to get my new COTD strategy to 50 up in the next few days and then hopefully a part 2 before I leave. Whether there will be a part 3 I'm not sure :)

The thing with the stats I put here is, they're just averages, a guide if you will. Sometimes you can get really fast spawns and you're placing your bullets very well. On the average game, you'll average about 50 kills between 30 and 20 in the clip. On Steve's 356, he got almost 60 in this time due to nice quick spawning.

To be able to move around effectively on NML I changed the sensitivity setting up to 4 from 2. After a few games I find myself incredibly dizzy from doing cutbacks and shakes. Is this something that takes getting used to or is everyone different in what they are able to cope with?

To be able to move around effectively on NML I changed the sensitivity setting up to 4 from 2. After a few games I find myself incredibly dizzy from doing cutbacks and shakes. Is this something that takes getting used to or is everyone different in what they are able to cope with?

It's a process, I learned how to play on a higher sensitivity ( i play on 7 currently) from experiance playing on lower ones, and gradually moving up... personally i think a higher sensitivity helps if you make a lot of mistakes... in the long run, it will help with dodging, cut backs, and screen shakes. :D

A higher sensitivity is a bit of a double edged sword - sure it will enable you to get out of really bad situations but it can also put you into the situations in the first place.

If you play on a high sensitivity next time you are above 35 solo start the round by kiting and walking as much as possible. It's so easy. When you move slowly you are planning your kiting much more methodically. I think it's the same to playing on a lower sensitivity.

When you play on a high sensitivity often everything is pretty chaotic, it kinda drives you to do more and more cutbacks.

Bit like when Ronaldo first played for Manchester United. He was doing 5 step overs to beat one player. Why am I doing 5 cutbacks here plus a 720 McTwist when 1 single circle kite would suffice?

It's not always like this, I play a lot of safer rounds but often fall back into the madness stage, which leads to 95% of my downs.

It's a process, I learned how to play on a higher sensitivity ( i play on 7 currently) from experiance playing on lower ones, and gradually moving up... personally i think a higher sensitivity helps if you make a lot of mistakes... in the long run, it will help with dodging, cut backs, and screen shakes. :D

I dunno, I think 3 and upwards is okay. You can do a quick 180 with 3 so cutbacks and dodging are never a problem. I played on 3 for quite some time, I've now been playing on 4 for a few months. Just feels so comfortable and I have total control over my character, doubt I'll be raising it any higher as I don't feel the same level of control. Higher and lower sensitivity both have their pros and cons, I'd always just say go for what you know; don't raise or lower your sensitivity to something you don't feel comfortable with, you'll only play worse.

For the record, current NML WR holder IlSteveIl plays on 3 ;)

I dunno, I think 3 and upwards is okay. You can do a quick 180 with 3 so cutbacks and dodging are never a problem. I played on 3 for quite some time, I've now been playing on 4 for a few months. Just feels so comfortable and I have total control over my character, doubt I'll be raising it any higher as I don't feel the same level of control. Higher and lower sensitivity both have their pros and cons, I'd always just say go for what you know; don't raise or lower your sensitivity to something you don't feel comfortable with, you'll only play worse.

For the record, current NML WR holder IlSteveIl plays on 3 ;)

Right on the money, I wasnt saying a higher sensitivity is better for everybody, just that it is personal preference, and for me it is best to dodge on 7 ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Your damn table ruins all my runs. I see I have 200+ at 6/6/30 and I start to shake, my heart beat goes up, my hands get sweat soked, and I'll mess the run a few seconds later...

:lol:

If you notice you have a good run going, puase the game and walk away for a few minutes. Sounds strange, but it helps ;)

I actually think your table is wrong for your hybrid... I again had only something around 170 180 or so at 6/6/30 and ended with about 320.

I tend to 'waste' shots in the beginning, so the ammo count goes down quickly. But with your hybrid, I'm also very early in the program, early jug and stuff, therefore I think you can make more kills with the last 42 shots...

I actually think your table is wrong for your hybrid... I again had only something around 170 180 or so at 6/6/30 and ended with about 320.

I tend to 'waste' shots in the beginning, so the ammo count goes down quickly. But with your hybrid, I'm also very early in the program, early jug and stuff, therefore I think you can make more kills with the last 42 shots...

The table is good in a theoretical viewpoint, and works towards some videos that I have seen on YouTube.

The only videos it doesn't work for is Steve and some of Mato's.

Spawn control is what it's all about in NML and we are getting closer to cracking this too. It's not so much the ammo you have left, but more the ammo you have left over a certain point after 7 minutes or so. Super's theory of from 30-20 is very very good, but I know there's something else in here somewhere.

Well what I can say you is that the zombies spawn behaviour follows theoretically a certain scheme:

1. Spawn everywhere

2. Spawn only from right hand side

3. Spawn break

4. Spawn everywhere

5. Spawn only from left hand side

6. Spawn break

repeat

You can see that well when you step on the pad with a deathmachine.

However, in a real game, you don't notice this so well, since you often use the spawn breaks to gather and organize and stuff.

But you can still notice, that suddenly you walk 2 3 4 turns of your circle and no one is coming. Or you notice that not a single zomb spawns at your side drop and anyway you get a full wave in the end.

The question is just, how to make use of that and how to get the timing for that. Respectively, how this behaviour ends up when you play for real.

All I try to do so far is to use the first spawn break after the second nade (at 1:20-1:30 or something) to kill all my crawlers, so that when my pap is finished, I have a beautiful train together. But already there, it seems a bit random when this spawn break ends and stuff.

• 3 months later...

Are you KIDDING me??!!! I was on a run just a minute ago, and I was doing so well that I had to confirm how well I was doing with this thread. I had 222 by 6/6,30 (Ended up dying at around 250 kills). To just think... I was on a potential 360 kill game? It's weird to think of how unpredictable NML can be.

I had 222 by 6/6/30

That's well on line for a 350+ :o Of course, these are just guide lines. If you started getting some really slow spawns in the second half of the game, that'll screw everything up big style. But if you can keep getting starts like that, you're bound to get at least a 340+ if you manage your ammo well until the end.