How Doctor Maxis is in the computer

BlindBusDrivr

So we know from the radio, after Maxis told Samantha to kill them all, he was shot. And you can hear his soul getting sucked into the MPD, so Kill Confirmed. ;)

So how is he in the Computer?

But Moon is FULL of a complex of super computers created by Richtofen and the others when it was built.

It probably would work similar to the WOPR in the movie WarGames.

And if we recall, the terminal at Main Menu in Black Ops, has some of Maxis' DATA SERVANT files.

What was the DATA SERVANT? It was a file storage created by Maxis where he stored logs of everything from personal files about Sophia to weapon summaries for the DG-2. Thousands of files.

So what would happen if Sam found some way to have that uploaded into the Moon's super computer?

And the MPD does also work like a super computer.

So she uploaded Maxis' DATA SERVANT files into the MPD/Supercomputers and it created him another profile, recreating sort of virtual Maxis with all of his memories.

This is how he had a conversation with Richtofen when he was hacking the terminal.

Maxis = technological singularity

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe thats how teleportation works

Matter has to be converted to a wave

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annihilation

During a low-energy annihilation, photon production is favored, since these particles have no mass. However, high-energy particle colliders produce annihilations where a wide variety of exotic heavy particles are created

hmm, I think I kind of get what you're saying.

I'll get back to you on this in a couple of days I've got a short unit on atoms and in stuff in science tomorrow, I'm new to all the atoms and particle stuff. I know a little about the colliders though.

I slightly disagree. I do have to note, though, that I do think it a relief I'm not the only one who thought of Maxis being an A.I.

I disagree on Sam "uploading" his intelligence. It just sounds messy, complicated, and illogical to me. She can't bring the dead back to life. I believe that Maxis, having familiarity with computers as seen by the Datenbediensteter, the Data Sevant, created the A.I. as a backup in case something happened to him. Griffin Station's mainframe is shown when it brings forth Dr. Maxis that it is somehow connected to the planet, so Maxis could have wirelessly have downloaded it to the mainframe at some point. Or he could have had it on his person when abducted, which seems less likely.

However he transferred it, the new Maxis, the Maxis A.I., is purely data, with no real connection. Richtofen claims he is "in a machine" and attempts to "delete" him. And in conjunction with what I've said, he is an entirely different entity from Dr. Maxis, just having the same exact intelligence as him, like a digital clone, not that it matters, as the original Maxis is dead. The Maxis A.I. is not.

• Administrators

I agree and disagree. I currently have two different theories of how it went down, they can even be melded into one.

I have been under the impression that Dr. Maxis was not the one shot, but Sam was shot at. In the radio, Dr. Maxis specifically says "open the machine." We know that Sam then opens the pyramid and she shares a few intimate lines with Dr. Maxis. Then he says to kill them all and then we hear a gunshot, followed by Dr. Maxis yelling "no!!" and the pyramid closing back up. With that, I do not believe it can be completely ruled out that maybe they tried to shoot at Samantha and Maxis screamed.

One the flip side, you all could be right in saying that Maxis was the one shot at and killed, but I do not see why Samantha would have started her demonic laughter if she had just watched her father die, so maybe she laughed because they missed. My theory means we'd have to find a new reason of death for Maxis, unless he isn't dead...

Regardless, I agree that Maxis is an A.I. when Richtofen encounters him by the Casimir Mechanism, but I just have trouble believing that Maxis was the one shot.

My personal opinion is that Maxis was definitely the one shot. It's really chaotic to listen to, but after the shot you can hear the 'whoosh' sound of something being sucked into the pyramid. I believe this was Maxis' soul and that he is in the MPD in some form or fashion. Consider that before this moment, Samantha's voice sounded fairly normal, as it does in the Der Riese radios. There is a gunshot, a 'whoosh,' and then you hear Sam's evil laughter. To me, this indicates that whatever the events were, they changed Sam.

This, of course, opens up the possibility that some fragment of Maxis' soul uploaded himself into the computer, rather than Samantha.

• Administrators

As I listen, I don't feel like the whooshing sound is the same as a soul going into the pyramid, it sounds like the pyramid closing. Although, it is INCREDIBLY similar, the second sounds just seems a bit more... rough? If that is the right word, but I will go along with it, I suppose I will agree that Maxis is killed.

If it helps at all, Tac, I would think shooting Samantha would be pointless with all her power. Shooting her in the game surely does not accomplish anything. If you try to assume it is a technical error, then it is quite a flaw in logic. "Tank thinks to himself 'Crap, the world's blown up... Hm, I'll go shoot Richtofen and show him a thing or two. On second thought... naaaaaah.'"

• Administrators

If it helps at all, Tac, I would think shooting Samantha would be pointless with all her power. Shooting her in the game surely does not accomplish anything. If you try to assume it is a technical error, then it is quite a flaw in logic. "Tank thinks to himself 'Crap, the world's blown up... Hm, I'll go shoot Richtofen and show him a thing or two. On second thought... naaaaaah.'"

Well they know of the power she has I assume, so they try and shoot her thinking she will die. From the outside looking in we know it does nothing, but to them it makes perfect sense, so it doesn't really "accomplish nothing" in my opinion.

Well I'd like to say my thoughts on this.

I believe Maxis was shot and killed simply because Richtofen says himself "Now you are dead". I don't think Maxis was the one who yelled "No!" I think Groph did. When he died his soul must have entered the pyramid and actually closed it as a result. As to why Samantha laughs I suppose she must have cracked when she saw her father die. Either that or maybe that wasn't her laughing but the dark entity that lives inside. Thanks for listening to...

Another Monopoly Thought. :D

Not that it matters, but I say Maxis WAS the one shot, and Sam simply snapped.

Being on the moon, losing fluffy, dealing with constantly not knowing what was going on, ZOMBIES, being trapped inside the pyramid, whatever happenned INSIDE the Pyramid, all just got to her and, "well folks it seems sanity has left the building!"

Maxis probably saw what Richtoffen was doing far before when we thought he did, and created some sort of "interactive" AI Maxis.

Also, this may have been mentioned, but Sam says that she will "make them pay for what they did to daddy!" suggesting he was killed.

EDIT: Oh, it was mentioned RIGHT ABOVE ME. :facepalm: