Alternate (but effective) 90 Second PaP strategy

Hey guys Superhands here, this is basically a modified version of my 90 second PaP strategy that nets a few more kills and points, suited to high-kill games and I've used it in 3 300+ kill games so far.

As you'll see here the spawn isn't amazing, but I still manage to get 5700 points in time for a 90-odd second PaP, and I also got 41 kills.

3Z99-bCj500

To start with, you'll want to make at least 1670 points (9 kills or more) before the 1st siren.

As soon as you hear the 1st siren, haul ass to the teleporter pad.

You'll get a few loose zombies coming to the teleporter pad first - duse about 8 chest shots and a knife to kill them.

No more than 10 seconds after the first siren, cook and throw a grenade on the telepad.

Finish shoot-knifing until the 2nd siren.

Let the 2nd siren pass you by as you carry on using all of your ammo.

At the 3rd siren you'll want to start cooking your first grenade. You'll need to aim the throw so that all crawlers from the grenade are positioned at the top of the stairs. Bouncing the grenade off of one of the front walls next to the stairs ('back-fragging') is a great way to do this.

Knife any remaining walkers and crawlers. You might get the odd couple of 2-knife kills but they will mostly require a single knife. As you're on the teleporter pad, any new zombies spawning in will take some time getting to you, so you'll easily have time to knife all of the crawlers and make the money to PaP, most of the time with some to spare.

If done right you'll have the points to PaP at around the 4th siren, which more or less marks 90 seconds :lol:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it mate. Not sure if I could pull it off on the PS3 after the second grenade what with the lag but it's very cool.

I played for a bit yesterday...I've realised that in the first say 20 minutes I'm much more effective than after that. It's fresh I suppose, once it goes longer I start getting a bit frustrated.

Thanks guys, you're right I've done the first version of this strategy on my friend's PS3 on a few occasions and the lag can cause problems. I noticed though that it depends on the amount of fast-movers you get after the nade; you saw here that I got about 5-6 of them, you'll normally get about 2-3, which normally doesn't cause a problem even if the lag takes effect ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it can be done quicker using the main area, but with this tactic as long as you get a decent spawn you're pretty much guaranteed a 90 second PaP, so long as you don't die of course which isn't too hard ;)

Because it's not like Superhands makes everything in zombies look embarrassingly easy of coarse :lol:

one thing I have tried to do which ensures a pack a punch is getting jug points, buying it, then knifing them until you get 5,000. If you have 40 minutes, Go for it. I died at 26, 4400 points. But hey, it works. I killed 1 dog. after about 256 knives....

Yeah it can be done quicker using the main area, but with this tactic as long as you get a decent spawn you're pretty much guaranteed a 90 second PaP, so long as you don't die of course which isn't too hard ;)

Yeah, this. Running around outside definitely has the potential to give a much better start, but there are many more variables involved. Doing Super's start you can definitely hit 300 kills, which should be enough for most people :)

It could be this, but if you can't get over 250 kills it's most likely that you need to get rid of your groups quicker, especially in the early stages while they're still weak so you save more ammo for later. As soon as you see you have a full group, get rid of them as quickly as it's safe to do so. Even sticking with the teleporter strategy, 250+ kills isn't difficult to do consistantly with some practice.

It could be this, but if you can't get over 250 kills it's most likely that you need to get rid of your groups quicker, especially in the early stages while they're still weak so you save more ammo for later. As soon as you see you have a full group, get rid of them as quickly as it's safe to do so. Even sticking with the teleporter strategy, 250+ kills isn't difficult to do consistantly with some practice.

The only time I would use the teleporter strategy would be when I need points for Pack-a-Punch/Juggernog. After that I would run around basically anywhere.

The only time I would use the teleporter strategy would be when I need points for Pack-a-Punch/Juggernog. After that I would run around basically anywhere.

That's most likely your problem then mate. Running big circles means slower gathering and looser groups, looser groups of course meaning that your M&S bullets won't be hitting as many zombies. The teleporter pad stratgy would be much more effective and a little easier since you won't have any Hellhounds on you all the while you're up there. You're most likely used to the teleporter strategy already if you've been running it without Juggs. Just remember to gather your group up there and keep checking to see if zombies are still coming. As soon as they stop coming, get rid of the whole group. You can afford 2 M&S shots at a time here, just shoot and move of at a 90 degree angle to avoid getting hit afterwards.

That's most likely your problem then mate. Running big circles means slower gathering and looser groups, looser groups of course meaning that your M&S bullets won't be hitting as many zombies. The teleporter pad stratgy would be much more effective and a little easier since you won't have any Hellhounds on you all the while you're up there. You're most likely used to the teleporter strategy already if you've been running it without Juggs. Just remember to gather your group up there and keep checking to see if zombies are still coming. As soon as they stop coming, get rid of the whole group. You can afford 2 M&S shots at a time here, just shoot and move of at a 90 degree angle to avoid getting hit afterwards.

I usually run by the area next to PaP (facing PaP to the right) I've tried the back pool strategy but a hellhound would usually just sit there and wait for me when I do a cut-back and cost me the game. I'll try staying in the teleporter area next game. :)

Because it's not like Superhands makes everything in zombies look embarrassingly easy of coarse :lol:

:lol: I do try ;)

As soon as they stop coming, get rid of the whole group. You can afford 2 M&S shots at a time here, just shoot and move of at a 90 degree angle to avoid getting hit afterwards.

This * 10.

Try and get into the habit of jumping as you move of at the 90 degree angle. If you have been affected by the grenades this can save your life fairly frequently.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what I love about CODZ, when users are helped out by what someone else has posted.

Even more so when that person comes back and lets others know. Congrats BBD!

A jump of 80 is truly massive in NML! Keep working on it and I promise it will move up, especially now you have cracked 100 kills :D

Really glad I helped you BBD, as long as my vid helped a few people then it's a success, means a lot more to me than 1000s of views but no sort of feedback from people that have actually tried the strategy.

If you're looking to get into the 200s I'd recommend sticking with the teleporter strategy, so easy to horde there, no hellhounds all the while you stay up there and you have the perfect overview of any spawning.

Really glad I helped you BBD, as long as my vid helped a few people then it's a success, means a lot more to me than 1000s of views but no sort of feedback from people that have actually tried the strategy.

If you're looking to get into the 200s I'd recommend sticking with the teleporter strategy, so easy to horde there, no hellhounds all the while you stay up there and you have the perfect overview of any spawning.

yeah I'm sticking with it.

I was getting ready to flip because the dogs and everything I kept getting screwed over by the dogs and one hits and stuff knifing them, but when I tried the tele porter strategy, I had no dogs, it was much easier to train them, and I noticed I was getting closer to 5000 every time. And I was so happy I didn't even horde them fully I just shot lol. I think I'll keep shooting for 200+.

Just one thing would you recommend the first grenade with a small group because I would take out all of them in the one back corner and knife them, that's how I got all of my points. then when the next group comes I just take passes to knife them in between spawns.

Should I do it like you did or is this a what works for me thing?

:evil: let me give Superhands brains darn it!!

Yeah for the spawns if it works definitely stick with it, but I also meant as a general high kill strategy, if you just horde full groups before you shoot you'll get over 200 kills easily ;)

As for using that first nade later rather than earlier... I was messing about with this idea about a week ago, wasn't quite working at the time because of timings and stuff, but then this strategy had to be figured out before it worked too so I'm pretty sure I could do yet another alternative with different nade timings. I had to stop working on it because I've been ill this week, but I'll have another go this week. It's just good to get a few different takes on the same kinda strategy so people can use whatever little nuances work best for them ;)