On Why Zombies is Addictive

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved the way you formed the post! And can agree with most of it.

I fall in the middle of kiting, yes it's boring, but it's necessary for me to get far, except buried where I just stand in the jug hall, now THAT is easy.

And also, what keeps me coming back would be the story, as lacking as it was in the beginning, it's finally started to grab my attention again, after MOTD release. This is one of these stories where someone comes a long and PERFECTLY lays out an explanation, only to have it shattered by the next maps story content, I love it.

Story first, the community second, the only two things I appreciate about this game other than the fact that it exists. Without the story, we wouldn't be here, without us (mostly you old timers on the site) there would be no story...I just find the balance to be really special compared to a lot of other games.

Anyway, great read, great post, thanks for taking the time to write it. I don't know what brains are or their importance, but you can have mine if it means anything :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Great post, agree completely!

However there is one factor i think you can add and I it can be broken down in 2 ways so to speak.

Zombies is Exceptionally basic on entry point. see a zombie press the button. damn simple. But through all of the pieces you mentioned it makes it a multi-layered piece of goodness.

At its core, zombies is a very simple game that really does focus on skill as opposed to just time.

I believe any game that can be called great is :

"easy to pick up, hard to master"

I agree with the thread. COD zombies are unique in terms of structure. I'm sure that you all understand what I'm trying to say when I say "structure". I actually hate all other zombie games. It lacks the luster of our zombies. I don't like open world, just killing everything you see like Left 4 Dead and crap.

I agree with the thread. COD zombies are unique in terms of structure. I'm sure that you all understand what I'm trying to say when I say "structure". I actually hate all other zombie games. It lacks the luster of our zombies. I don't like open world, just killing everything you see like Left 4 Dead and crap.

Well those games end, and have a very planned, laid out story that unfolds for you.

Where BO zombies you will always die, endings are rare and leave way more to be asked than answered. That's why I agree with you and say that this franchise has made most other zombies games less appealing.