Official Mule Kick Map Locations.

One question... what on earth is a mule kick? I keep hearing about it but I never found out what is means.... :?

'A' Mule kick is when a Donkey kicks with it's two rear legs. The Mule Kick in CoD is a perk-a-cola which allows you to have 3 guns at once w/out glitching.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One question... what on earth is a mule kick? I keep hearing about it but I never found out what is means.... :?

'A' Mule kick is when a Donkey kicks with it's two rear legs. The Mule Kick in CoD is a perk-a-cola which allows you to have 3 guns at once w/out glitching.

That is sick.

• 2 weeks later...

So its been about more than a week since Mule Kick was added to all the Zombie maps. So I would like to here some people here at Codz final thoughts about the Perk being added.

I also am curious to read your reactions when you first saw/heard of the new addition. So post them too.

I've had many mixed feelings on the addition of Mule Kick on every map. So mixed, that it's taken me this much time to finally formulate an opinion about it. Incoming wall of text....

I'll just note, one thing that particularly annoyed me about the addition of Mule Kick, was how the Youtube community reacted to it. Not blaming Treyarch for this one at all, but I was so annoyed with how most known zombie channels out there (and even a ton of smaller ones) decided it would be a great idea to spam 8 or 9 different mule kick location videos, as fast as humanly possible. They'd make one for each individual map, and then one condensed video for all map locations. I remember one popular channel (who I won't mention) that had a 29 second video for Mule Kick on Nacht. 22 seconds of that video were intro and outro animations. Only 7 seconds were of actual substance, for something I could have easily found myself in the starting room. The overall quality of zombie videos being uploaded took a huge dive that week. Shame on you Youtube zombie community for leaping at this opportunity to sell out. [/rant]

Anyways..... My original reaction to the new perk being added on all maps was not a good one. I felt like the old maps had been tainted in a way. Maps such as Nacht der Untoten, were now made unpure from their original design. I felt that new strategies were going to be developed on each map, and all the old records that had been previously set would now have this virtual asterisk next to them for *being done in the pre-mule kick era. I even felt that Moon had been cheapened by this. All those thoughts were on the forefront of my mind rather than "Cool, I have a new toy to play with!".

With the mixed feelings I was having, I decided I was going to test the new perk out on every map, and then make a final judgement on it. Tons of zombie slaying fun was had in the process! And my overall feeling now on it is.... I don't like Mule Kick, and the addition of it on every map doesn't change my game very much.

Why I don't like Mule Kick

The reason I don't like Mule Kick is because I don't really need the extra ammo, and having one more gun doesn't help me survive any better in higher rounds. It actually screws me up in some tight situations. To elaborate, in higher rounds, I need one big wonder weapon like the Wavegun or Thundergun I can blow away every zombie in front of me with. And then a secondary weapon, maybe for building up points with. There's been quite a few times I'll be shooting at a train of zombies with my secondary, get caught up on a corner of the map, and try to switch out to my thundergun and blow the zombies away in time, only to pull out some other 3rd weapon instead, and then get downed.

Here's my thoughts on it for individual maps:

NDT - I'm actually finding myself avoiding Mule Kick on Nacht der Untoten, even though it's the only perk available to me. The ability to quickly switch out to the Thundergun is much more valuable to have.

Verruckt, SNN, Der Reise, Five - There are better 4th perks to choose from.

Kino - I'm currently running a high round game on Kino (RD 55+), on my last life with no Quick Revives left, and yet I won't buy the Mule Kick perk. Zues Cannon and a SMG is all I need. Double-Tap takes priority over Mule Kick on this map. And my opinion about Double-Tap on this map is that it's completely optional to buy or not.

Ascension - I thought Mule Kick would make this map easier. In way it's actually made the map harder for me. The way it has gotten harder for me is during monkey rounds. I've prided myself on my techniques and abilities to destroy all the monkey's and get a 5th perk more often than not. I've even had solo games where I challenged myself to get all the perks from monkeys except the first one (QR for 500 points) and have succeeded multiple times. But now with a 6th perk on the map, I haven't had as much luck killing all the monkeys to getting a 5th and 6th perk. It's just too much to defend at once.

CotD - The map is even better with the Mule Kick added! And being able to get it as an 8th perk is pretty satisfying after killing george off countless amounts of times for basically nothing.

Shangri-La - Same as other maps. There's better 4th perk options. But the ability to get it as an 8th perk after completing the EE does seem cool and rewarding.

Moon - while watching Swask2's epic world record run, I noticed, he doesn't use Mule Kick. His fourth perk choice is Stamina-Up. The reason Swask2 does this is because he already gets all the max ammos he needs with just the Wavegun and gersch devices. And the Stamina-Up comes in handy when rushing from the control room back to the biodome during excavator rounds. So once again, there is a better 4th perk option than Mule Kick.