Problems w/ Shangri-La Time Period (UPDATED)

Tac

• Administrators

Imagine Dempsey has a quote, "HEY PLAYER! STOP TAKING MY QUOTES SERIOUSLY."

Then Richtofen replies, "So Dempsey you have the voices, too??"

Lol, so Richtofen is Illuminati, Nikolai might be, Takeo is obsessed with the emperor, and yet Dempsey has no psyche issues

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their outfits aren't going to change depending on the time period, the same guys who left Ascension and wound up in the room of CotD are going to Shangri-la. They suddenly wouldn't change their looks because they traveled back in time. I'd say they had enough time to heal/grow facial hair between the time in Ascension/Shangri-la and changed back into their normal clothes at some point.

• Administrators

Their outfits aren't going to change depending on the time period, the same guys who left Ascension and wound up in the room of CotD are going to Shangri-la. They suddenly wouldn't change their looks because they traveled back in time. I'd say they had enough time to heal/grow facial hair between the time in Ascension/Shangri-la and changed back into their normal clothes at some point.

EXACTLY! Teleporting to the past wouldn't change their clothes, which means that they had to be there before Ascension, and then changed clothes in Ascension. And with how fast the story moves, I honestly doubt they would have time to get rid of their gray hairs, appear younger, clean their clothes, fix injuries, and grow facial hair.

• Administrators

Unless the amount of time the characters stay on the map is longer than we think. In Ascension Takeo says "Dempsey wakes up in the world everyday" referring to his memory loss. But if he wakes up "everyday" that would mean he was able to sleep...

Can you link me to that quote or anything? In a vid, I wanna make sure that's factual before I break off of my theoiry

• Administrators

Fair enough. That opens many doors to how long they stay. Remember the guy in Verruckt, John? He was sleeping when his partner came along and tried to kill him. So they stay places for a while maybe?

Fair enough. That opens many doors to how long they stay. Remember the guy in Verruckt, John? He was sleeping when his partner came along and tried to kill him. So they stay places for a while maybe?

Yeah. Verruckt guys stayed there for a week, judging by the radios right? That is the only one we know for sure people stayed for awhile.

• Administrators

So we know they stay in these maps for a little while. Does this open the door to any other theories?

Idk, but it could mean that they were in these maps awhile. From 1945- early 46, from the quotes.

Damn. But I doubt that they would have "rounds" so would a few people run laps solo while 1-2 slept?

So we know they stay in these maps for a little while. Does this open the door to any other theories?

Idk, but it could mean that they were in these maps awhile. From 1945- early 46, from the quotes.

Damn. But I doubt that they would have "rounds" so would a few people run laps solo while 1-2 slept?

Well rounds could= days IRL. doubt it, they more than likely just respond to noise and signs of humans, etc.

• Administrators

Ok so if sleeping, the Zombies couldn't recognize them being there? Possibly. But I don't think they were in Verruckt that long, it's a concentration camp basically (I HAVE THE PROOF)

I wouldn't say round=day because of the Verruckt trailer. They go through all of that carnage and they say its finally over... Round two begins... So I'd say maybe an hour?

That might not even be the first day, or the last. In the trailer, theres only 3 people, so smokey died by then. could be like 3 rounds a day or something, IDK.

• Administrators

doesn't call of the dead take place in 2013?

because on the cutscene is says ??/13

so the year is 13? get a pic soon...

Dude your way late to the party, I've posted that around already, check my time and location thread in my sig :facepalm:

Also, Smokey must have died before the trailer, but was there when playing? IDK, but I do remember there being a break in action and hes says it's only the beginning, so maybe they were sleeping and the first zombie infected Smokey, and it all started from there.

• Administrators

Look, I don't want to sound like an asshole, but what do you mean that's where you got that from? You wouldn't be asking for a pic if you read my thread like you said you did and realized there is a pic already in it.