Strange Dempsey quote

gryfo

I was browing trough the wikia quotes when I found this:

"Ah, the M16. 5.56 caliber gas-operated sweetness... just like me."

— After buying a M16 off the wall.

But they have just teleported into the future, and in 1945 there wasn't the M16, it was designed in 1957! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M16_rifle)

So this make me think that they teleported in another place (where they may have recorded the SNN easter egg) and THEN in kino der toten.

What do you think?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well considering Kino der Toten both take place in the 60's or around the same time of each other, it makes since the M16 and others are there. some of the movies and plays on the walls weren't made until the 60's and the cars outside are way to recent for WWII and that tower looks post WWII for Berlin or wherever they are, also perhaps that is the Berlin wall that they are using on the map in First Strike?

But anyway I found another quote by Richtofen, when he turns on the power and the monkey or whatever the creature is on the roof shakes the place he says "ahh so these are the failed experiments Maxis was talking about" which makes me think Richtofen went here knowing that Group 935 were experimenting on "Monkeys" or some animal but they failed. Very strange. Lots more to find out about the backstory though :D

They teleported to berlin in 1969, or whenever the the campaign ends, cant remember. the cars and other things, including the berlin wall and the unfinished radio tower that was completed in 1970 reveal this. dont know how the radio message got to shi no numa though........